Author Topic: My Parents  (Read 12917 times)

Offline escaper

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2002, 01:25:00 PM »
I`m a seed non-graduate who escaped after only 2 months in October of 1971.  I was 19 and had done a stint in the Army so was less disabled by the experience than most.  Five of us sibs had different levels of exposure to the madness, all with varying degrees of damage.  There is no rational way to explain the fact that your own parents give you over to a bunch of crazies and consider the percieved problem to be solved. All my sibs have lives and families that are at least as happy as the Cleavers seemed. I slowed way down on illegal drugs after my experience in the experiment, but used alcohol because it was legal and available for 20 years.  I then jumped on the wagon for better than a decade to remove some cobwebs and started a small family. I`m generally happy with my life, but regret the rift that was undoubtedly caused by our experience at the Seed and Straight. I haven`t spoken to my Mother for 7-8 years and don`t plan to open myself up for any more of her damaging abuse. She has tried many times to sabotage my life and success and I just grew tired of it, after having more contact with her than any other sib for many years.  As far as everyone`s differing perceptions of the same basic experience, I think we all have to decide what works for us in life, or "whatever floats your boat".  Some people bail it out and others fix the hole. The Three Stooges drill another hole to let the water out. That would be akin to joining another program to fix any percieved problems that were probably perpetuated by a program in the first place.  I love you all in a way much different than Art demonstrated.  He was and probably is a megalomaniac who may or may not have evaluated the damage that he did to hundreds of families while pretending to repair them. Thanks for the opportunity to explain my experience. I thrive on the evidence that there are so many articulate survivors, and feel great sorrow for the many who did not come away from the madness. 30 years is half a lifetime and a princely sum to pay for our parent`s lack of ability to solve the problems they imagined in us all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2002, 01:26:00 PM »

Offline escaper

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2002, 07:54:00 PM »
I was in Ft. Laud.  apparently one of the first 100 victims.  Went to school at Pompano with Libby, and never understood how such a smart girl was so taken by the program.  Probably the parent abandonment thing, who knows? I actually thought very little about the experience, as they never had me for a minute, I was just biding my time till I could get away and leave town. I`ve been reading the various permutations of message boards and am taken by the stuff I don`t often read about, success and actualization of the torn-apart lives that filtered through the mill over the years.

Offline escaper

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2002, 12:50:00 PM »
Hey, Debi and Freedom.  I live in Bradenton.  Small world.  Came here to get sober and succeeded for 12 1/2 years, then used my free will to try to drink again. Had some success for months, but found again that the cunning, baffling and powerful legal drug takes tons of resolve to manage successfully.  I`m now involved in trying to climb back on the wagon.

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2002, 10:55:00 PM »
Dear neighbors...
feel free to contact me, perhaps we could have our own reunion...
debi
[email protected]

[ This Message was edited by: MommaDebi on 2002-06-14 20:03 ]
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2002, 10:55:00 PM »
It is truly a small world!!

Freedom~~ it is unbelievable to me that my "neighbor" has experienced the same thing I did. It is so hard to explain to those people who did not have the "fortune" to be there!

Escaper~~ following my stint in the Seed for mere pot smoking, I decided to make my list real this time and did every thing I could get my hands on. Luckily I was able to do so without ever running into legal issues and without totally killing my self. I have been sober for almost 22yrs now, I like my life now without all the insanity. I wish you well.

[ This Message was edited by: MommaDebi on 2002-06-14 19:58 ]
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2002, 10:56:00 PM »
For some reason this posted more than once, but each time telling me there was aproblem... and that it would not post...amazing! LOL

[ This Message was edited by: MommaDebi on 2002-06-14 20:01 ]

Offline escaper

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2002, 05:29:00 AM »
No kidding anonymous, your experience is so similar to so many others that it hardly deserves that surprised look on the face of all your correspondents. Brother and 25 years are an unthinkable equation unless one or both of you is a total asshole. Just a guess, but I`m thinking you were close enough to only fight once a week before the program happened into your life and I`m further guessing that your parents decided it was necessary to save the family that you have lost for decades.Don`t be angry at my brash description of the aftermath, but rather use it to understand what went on back then. My personal opinion is that this forum is about healing alot more than vengance. Love is just as important as John Lennon hinted it might be before a jealous person murdered him.  I aint mad, just enlightened by the people that post here. Thanks for yours.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2002, 07:41:00 AM »
If you percieve your own family to be a pit of vipers, without the rest having thought or heard that phrase, perhaps you wallow alone in the pit. Slither out or be endlessly deluded. In other wise words, SMARTEN UP!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My Parents
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2002, 01:10:00 PM »
Nah, I just realized fairly recently that, after 20 years of trying to please these people or wait for them quit projecting Art Barker's myths of druggiedome on me and to accept me as I am, it's just not a club I really want to be a member of.

Thank you for your "kind" concern. But no thanks.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2002, 01:17:00 PM »
On 2002-06-14 19:56:00, MommaDebi wrote:
For some reason this posted more than once, but each time telling me there was aproblem... and that it would not post...amazing! LOL

"...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh..."
[ This Message was edited by: MommaDebi on 2002-06-14 20:01 ]

Yeah, I had the same problem. But only in this thread.... I'll try to figure it out and will post any info about it in the web forum hosting forum (any time you find something funky, please post there or send email to [email protected] Don't worry, it's tech support, not therapy or anything :wink:)

As far as posts going in anonymously when you put in a username and password, that can happen if you typo the username or password or if you don't have cookies turned on. Everyone's welcome to post here without cookies. Just leave the username and password blank and sign your posts however you want to in the body.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2003, 09:09:00 PM »
I know I shouldn't, but I just can't stop myself: this is too sad......but also funny....

MCNUTTIES: I'm a ghost from your past who lives in another state now and has forgotten all about your weirdo family and the seed and all that crap until I came across CLASSMATES.COM and then wandered to this page because I think I knew Greg quite well from Lakewood, though I can't be sure. I recognize his name, and he seems like he's healed from his childhood trauma and I may even email him personally to tell him how happy I am for him

BUT YOU PEOPLE!
Hell, I wouldn't even go near your neighborhood.

I was never taken to the seed. MY parents would NEVER have done something so draconian and drastic to a 13 or 14 year old. But I watched sadly from the sidelines as many of my good friends went to the brainwashin warehouse and came out looking as spooked as concentration camp victims. And no wonder. That fucking seed swept through town like the Nazis rounding up Jews in Poland.

Frankly, I wasn't one to harrass anybody that had gone to the SEED or to STRAIGHT. I felt that you'd endured enough torture. I saw the hollow eyes and terror on your faces. I wished there was something I could have done to help. But it was your fucking FAMILY THAT PUT YOU IN THAT PLACE.

I knew you people before AND after the brainwashing machine, and nobody changed one bit in my opinion: You were fucked up before, just rotton little rich kids, bitch and moan. moan and bitch.....never doing anyting productive like taking advantage of the good education your dad provided you at all those private schools.

Nah, you all were too spoiled, and had it just TOO DAMN GOOD. I knew your family well enough to know to stay far, very far away, so that I wouldn't be swept up in the MCNUTTIE MADNESSS.

You know, of course, that that's what even your friends called all you siblings. You were the laughing stock of every school you attendedg. and I know, because I was there!

And now, it seems, the McNutties haven't changed one bit despite decades and one of you going into a 12 step program, which I too belong too.

NOW YOUR TAKING YOUR BITCHIN AND MOANING OUT IN A PUBLIC FORUM BECAUSE EVERYOINE HAS BLOCKED THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES. FOR heaven's sake, stay away from each other if you people are so toxic to each other.

I knew your family and I always marvelled at how fucked up everybody was. ALL those kids. the weirdo mother. the jackass alcoholic father.  I had your number by the time I was 12. I followed your sick family through several schools. And I can only say this

MCNUTTIES: PEOPLE, this was 30 years ago....Apparently those brainwashing programs either worked too well, or didn't work at all because you people are STILL AS CRAZY AND FUCKED UP AS YOU WERE AS KIDS!!

Ive only got one more thing to say and it's serious:
MCNUTTIES BOYS AND GIRL: LOOK AT YOUR CHILDREN. DO you want this nonsense to tranfer to them? because it will. You all have a great chance to break the self destructive tendencies that I ALWAYS saw in your family. But is anybody delivering? It doesn't seem so.

Thom, good for your for getting sober in a 12 step group. But haven't you been around long enough to know that you can't control crazy people, espeically when they're in your family.

Ginger: DO whatever you want. You always were the smartest of them all. ALl your brothers reminded me of sheer stupiity. I figured your family got rich through some means of illegal means, because all of you were to stupid to do it the normal way.

MCNUTTIES: I find this hysterical, and this is the BEST laugh I've had in a long time, chancing across this post and seeing that your people are just as fucking mean and rotten as you were as kids.

Taking after Daddykins, I guess.
I just know: He's proud as hell, and he's just a cussing away....

Signed: Someone who knew you people way too well and knew better than to get too close.

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2003, 09:54:00 PM »
:flame:

If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2003, 11:26:00 PM »
I posted the mcnutties email a few hours ago and feel like i need to clarify one thing. I knew ALL of you from somewhere, in some school, one way or another. none of that rant was intended for anyone but the McnUtties. I knew them all too well, and they're still up to their old games. Ginger may be a key player in this post, and I'll probably not come back here, because I don't share the common bond of being abused in those programs, though many of us who DID NOT GO were wounded and confused as well.

Shit, we were kids in a big man's scam.
I'm sorry to come down so harsh on the McNulty family. It's just that I knew them too well, and this sound like the same shit they put out as kids. What makes me the most upset is not them. It's that they are, in my opinion, putting a bunch of crap on this site that is supposed to be a healing place for all of your ex seedlings or straights or whatever name you've decided to call it. I see a lot of familiar names that are posting quite serious attemtps to REACH OUT and HEAL from that horrible trauma.

Their blabber, with Ginger saying she's fucking with John Ashcroft and calling it work and then starting, what was it Ginger, Anonymous Anonymous? Is that some sort of snide joke you're attempting to play on your family or the rest of us. Because I ain't buying it sweet heart. That's just your "fuck you" attitude and your "You stole my new bike" squat girl jibberish.

And Ginger, I really hope that you discover soon that you can't fix the world or rid it of all its problems. Free and open expression of politics are fine; yours just rings of self absorbtion.

Sorry hon, just an old telling YOU to come back when YOU can grasp the truth.
And BTW, have any of you fricken creeps ever really moved on with life and gotten a real job? Or are you still holding out for all the money when Mama goes too? Again. sorry to sound so hateful and mean. It's just you and your families ugly Karma coming back to spit venon back in your rotten faces.

To all my other old friends out there who got sucked into the SEED and spit back out as zombies, I truly hope you have found a way to deal with it and PUT IT BEHIND YOU.

I know you can never forget, and I know some of you will never forgive, and I don't blame you.

But try to put the thing in an adult perspective , if that makes any sense.

You all -- you, your families, your friends -- were conned by a snake oil man than sleazed into town in the dead of night and set up a shop of horrors in some rundown warehouse on the other side of town.

You were victims. It's the parents voice that I keep missing on this site.

Good luck and God bless, even to the McNutties

JG

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Parents
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2003, 11:33:00 PM »
and by the way, did any of the Hobby kids get out of this thing alive or fairly unharmed?

The last time I saw phil was in the early 80s. We ran into each other at bar and got shitfaced drunk and coked out. Hope they found real recovery. I liked them and wish them well. Just how involved in this mess did their parents become? the mother was a drunk, swigging gin from the bottle at noon as she chain smoked Salems and screamed at her kids. Sorry to talk bad of the dead, but she was a
screeeeeaaaammmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry phil)