Author Topic: An Excerpt from Sue Scheff's Deposition  (Read 11684 times)

Offline Carey

• View Profile
An Excerpt from Sue Scheff's Deposition
« on: December 27, 2003, 10:44:00 PM »
This is an "ed con" not an educational consultant.

This is an excerpt from Sue's deposition.  What preceeded this was a lot of questioning on her education and work experience.  She does not hold a degree and it was discovered that she worked in her mothers wholesale food business, the aviation industry and then in a hospital, Humana (the name of the hospital changed a couple of times due to a change in ownership).  While in the hospital she worked in accounting, purchasing and special services.  She defined special services as telecommunications, cafeteria/kitchen.  She was asked:

Q.   So the special services area of this hosptial really had no role in delivering medical care?
  A.   No, no.

So she admits early on that she has had no medical training.

How much of this information do you loyal followers of hers have?  

(To help you understand the dialog, Q. is Mr. Silvester and A. is Sue.

BY MR. SILVESTER:
  Q.   Ms. Scheff, you have now been handed exhibit 13 to your deposition?

A.   Uh-huh (affirmative)

Q.   Do you recognize the document?

A.   Yes, I do.

Q.   It comes off your website, correct?

A.   Right.

Q.   Did you prepare the section on the president, Sue Scheff?

A.   Some of it, yes.

Q.   This indicates that you were the founder of PURE?

A.   Right.

Q.   And in the second paragraph it says for the past several years you devoted time, energy, and support to helping parents find healthy and safe environments for children?

A.   Right.

Q.   Then it goes on to say with a degree in business and finance, combined with years of experience in the medical field....

A.   Right.  And that was changed.

Q.   ...she created PURE with the desire to help families.  NOw, I must have misunderstood earlier.  You don't have a degree, do you?

A.   No.  I don't and that's what I said.  That was, I know Eugene (could that be BK) had taken that out.

Q.   And you don't have experience in the medical field do you?

A.   Well I worked in  the hospital.

Q.   You think accounting in a hospital is experience in the the medical field?

A.   I think special services with the referrals that I did, yes.  I did a lot of referrals about what type of doctors that people had needed when I worked for Humana.  Yes, I do.

Q.   I thought you said earlier they were special services that had to do with...

A.   I did but...

Q.   ...a kitchen and purchasing...

A.   I did.

Q.   ...had nothing to do with the medical staff?

A.   Telecommunications was part of a referral-based system that was in the hospital.

Q.   So you...

A.   I did say telecommunications.

Q.   So you beleive you have years of experience in the medical field?

A.   In the referral system of the medical field.  When I worked at the hospital.

Q.   You don't think this is misleading information to put out in from of consumers?

A.   No, I don't.  I think the degree is misleading, yes.  And that's, and I know that was removed.

Q.   That isn't misleading, that's a lie, isn't it?

A.   It's incorrect.

Q.   But years of experience in the medical field, you don't think that would mislead people into thinking you had...

A.   NO.

Q.   ...medical training?

A.   Because I worked at...

Q.   You don't beleive that would lead people into beleiving you might have medical training?

A.   No.

[ This Message was edited by: Carey on 2003-12-27 19:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Carey on 2003-12-27 19:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Carey on 2003-12-27 19:59 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 01:04:00 AM »
Oh my! And what kind of qualifications do most WWASP recruiters have, aside from "Parent group graduate"? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Of course, it'll probably fly because the people who bring us WWASP have decades of experience at making it all look good on paper.

Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its
best state is but a necessary evil ---in its worst state an
intolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same
miseries by a government, which we might expect in a country without
government, our calamities is heightened by reflecting that we
furnish the means by which we suffer!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679433147/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Thomas Paine, Common Sense

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Devlin Graves

• View Profile
    • http://mountainparkhorrors.netfirms.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 01:42:00 AM »
some know who i am i am not a WWASPIE or PURE. I hate both. I have a few questions:

1. Where do you stand on this case? You for WWASP or PURE?

2. How did you get a copie of Sue's deposition?Those are usally not made public record. You get them from the lawyers in the case? Which side?Thats about the only way you can get a copy of depositions is from the lawyers in the case.

Offline Carey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 09:20:00 AM »
Devlin,

PURE, Inc., Sue Scheff, Steve Bozak, Amberly Kinght and Dundee are the ones who have exploited and taken advantage of my family.  These are the people who I want held accountable for their actions.  So you ask, who am I against or who am I for...I am against what is false and I am after the truth.

Devlin, I do not beleive in incarcerating teens anymore than I like the idea of incarcerating adults who have not had a right to a fair trial.  It does not matter to me if it is WWASP, Moutain Park or one of PURE's programs.  However, that is aside from my issues with PURE and the others mentioned above.  Those mentioned above are the ones with whom I have personal experience.  Those are the ones who I want held responsible for the actions of which by my family has suffered.

Where did I get the deposition...well lets just say not everyone associated with Sue agrees with what she has and is doing.

Ginger, "the pot calling the kettle black"  that is exactly what PURE is all about.

[ This Message was edited by: Carey on 2003-12-28 06:34 ]

Offline Devlin Graves

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »
what set of lawyers you get the deposition from? No dodging the issue, with cryptic answers!

You get it from WWASP's lawyers?

You get it from PURE's Lawyers?

if not either of them who?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 07:55:00 PM »
Jheez, Devlin.  What difference does it make?  Depositions ARE part of the public record.  If you have a PACER account, you can log on and read the entire court record for yourself.

:grin:

Offline Carey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 07:57:00 PM »
Devlin, did you see the most recent Austin Powers movie....moly, moly, moly...:smile:

By the way, why are you so concerned about it?  

Oh Devlin, could you have been instant messaging me because you too are a moly, moly, moly, moly....

There are more moles out there than ya think...don't ya think?  Hmm...Sue does not really work with or deal with the most creditable of individuals, could there be a mole in her camp too?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 10:32:00 PM »
Why would you think that, Carey? What'd I miss?

To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...
-- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 11:09:00 PM »
Didn't Jeff Berryman and Devlin have some kind of "unfriendly" exchange on this forum awhile ago?
Don't remember what it was about, but do recall getting the feeling these 2 don't like each other much.  

:rofl:

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2003, 02:58:00 AM »
I want WWASPS to lose because they operate programs. PURE just refers and makes money off the programs. WWASPS actually does the torturing. They are far worse. I really want both of them to spend every dollar they have fighting each other until they are utterly annihilated but I will settle for PURE wiping the floor with WWASP and exposing every dirty secret in open court where it can be used against them again and again by the real victims who deserve compensation for their suffering.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 03:55:00 AM »
On 2003-12-28 23:58:00, FaceKhan wrote:

"I want WWASPS to lose because they operate programs. PURE just refers and makes money off the programs. WWASPS actually does the torturing. They are far worse. I really want both of them to spend every dollar they have fighting each other until they are utterly annihilated but I will settle for PURE wiping the floor with WWASP and exposing every dirty secret in open court where it can be used against them again and again by the real victims who deserve compensation for their suffering.

"

FaceKhan, what makes you think (or even believe) the outcome of this case will impact the teen-help-industry in such a way as to bring an end to the exploitation of children in the name of "treatment"?  At best, the lawsuit will severally damage the confidence of parents (the consumer) and prompt them to look elsewhere for teen help resources.  The much hyped direct-action lawsuit you and others may have hoped would save the day, is nowhere to be found. What is HURON waiting for?  What is any lawfirm or government official waiting for?  After nearly 3 decades, one would think somebody would do something on a grand scale to stop the abuse but even the multi-million dollar settlement won by Lulu which made recent headlines has not prompted the kind of public interest (read outrage) to bring this issue to the forefront.  Exposure of the truth is NOT what will end the suffering.  This is a social problem that will not soon be fixed without changing the way society views young people and learning the lessons of the past (THE SEED, STRAIGHT, KIDS, etc.)  That's where the anti-youth movement began and all these other programs are simply clones.  Nevertheless, there is hope.  That the voice of a thousand people telling a single story will be heard by those in a position to do something about it.  The social policy makers, juvenile justice reformers and good ole' Mom and Dad just saying NO to institutionalizing their children as the answer to unwanted behavior in the home, school and community.

:cool:

Offline Carey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 07:58:00 AM »
Ginger, I was answering Devlin.  He wanted to know how I got a copy of the depo.  My reponce was moly, moly, moly.

By the way he and I spent some time instant messaging each other about this industry.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »
On 2003-12-29 00:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Exposure of the truth is NOT what will end the suffering. This is a social problem that will not soon be fixed without changing the way society views young people and learning the lessons of the past (THE SEED, STRAIGHT, KIDS, etc.) That's where the anti-youth movement began and all these other programs are simply clones. Nevertheless, there is hope. That the voice of a thousand people telling a single story will be heard by those in a position to do something about it. The social policy makers, juvenile justice reformers and good ole' Mom and Dad just saying NO to institutionalizing their children as the answer to unwanted behavior in the home, school and community.

:nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:

He getsez it, Precious! He getsez it! Maybe we shall soon be freeeeeee!!!!

I'm only half kidding when I refer to the TOUGHLOVE parent movement as a hate group. I don't know if the powers that be are really ready to consider the rhetoric and activities of this insidious mob of sadistic altruists in a sober and objective way. But they should.

In war, the stronger overcomes the weaker. In business, the stronger imparts strength to the weaker.
--Frederic Bastiat

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 11:28:00 AM »
On 2003-12-29 04:58:00, Carey wrote:

"Ginger, I was answering Devlin.  He wanted to know how I got a copy of the depo.  My reponce was moly, moly, moly.

By the way he and I spent some time instant messaging each other about this industry."

Ok, I thought you were accusing Devlin.

The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive.

--Thomas Sowell

Offline Devlin Graves

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 06:42:00 PM »
I have a pacer account. But depositions are not on the public record (so you cant access them by PACER) belive me i know. The only way you can access any depositions on PACER is if a lawyer on either side admitts them into evidence as a exhibit in the case. Then and only then a deposition can be accessed by PACER. I just am curiouse where the depositions trascripts came from. If they came from WWASP lawyers, i could mean you could be working with WWASP. If they came from PURE then you could be working with PURE. It could be a leak and you got ahold of the file. Or it could have been a posted as a exhibit and pulled off PACER. How was it was obtained can show where a person stands in this case.