Author Topic: Hegemony or Survival  (Read 3424 times)

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
Hegemony or Survival
« on: December 27, 2003, 07:44:00 PM »
"After 9-11, George Bush asked, 'Why do they hate us?'  The question was wrongly put, and the right question was scarcely addressed. But within a year, the administration succeeded in providing an answer:'BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR ASSOCIATES MR. BUSH, AND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.  And if you continue, the fear and hatred you have inspired may extend to the country you have shamed as well.' On that, the evidence is hard to ignore. For Osama Bin Laden, it is a victory probably beyond his wildest dreams"

Noam Chomsky.  p. 42
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Hegemony or Survival
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 11:27:00 PM »
I hear ya buddy, but it seems that it's way too late in the game to do anything but kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out... :skull:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hegemony or Survival
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 01:09:00 AM »
Man, I gotta tell ya'll this. I'm easy for Christmas. I never spend any money on myself. So I've been wanting, but not getting probably 100 books over the past few years. My kid picked one of those, Dumbing us down by John Taylor Gatto.

Not only do I have the satisfaction of adding one more good thing to come from my new home region, but Gatto suggests a pretty hopeful, if general, path. Localization of everything. And, just recently, I can see it actually happening. First suggestion by the local news stations to protect against mad cow disease was not to impose coercive federal import restrictions, but to look up your friendly neighborhood organic farmer, market or CSA and see about getting some good wholesome food into your house and family.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.  
-- Hunter S. Thompson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Hegemony or Survival
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 01:49:00 PM »
Frod doesn't mean it. We are a global hegemon which I am suprised that I even know the definition of. world power thank your poly sci class lol!

We need to act accordlingly not abuse the power, what goes around does come around. I don't want to be all powerful and corrupt. It is crazy to think that we can screw people over repeatedly and never pay for it.

Speaking of the army is dumpin Halliburtion as its supplier..........

There are two kinds of people; those who's lives have been somehow touched by harsh tragedy and those you don't know very well.
-- Ginger Warbis

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do