Author Topic: How Do You view private  (Read 2027 times)

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
How Do You view private
« on: December 29, 2003, 09:17:00 PM »
How do you view or open the private messages sent to you by others, that you have read already? :question:  :question:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
How Do You view private
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 10:19:00 PM »
I view them with skepticism, like I do everything.  :lol:
The Private Message link on the left there will steer you in the right direction.
I've been reading your posts. Lately I keep up w/ the Elan forum. Good to see a new face on the board. I don't even "belong here" some might say, but here I am..

[ This Message was edited by: Froderik13 on 2003-12-29 19:21 ]

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
How Do You view private
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 10:25:00 PM »
thankx..it worked...why do people say u dont belong here?

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
How Do You view private
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 10:27:00 PM »
also..u see that lock, arrow, and x on the way bottom of the screen...what do each do? what are they for?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
How Do You view private
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 10:35:00 PM »
what do each do? what are they for?

You dare to ask?  :rofl:
Them there are moderator buttons. Hands off!, lol
I had never wondered about 'em until now, but that's what they are. (I just clicked on them.) I was not in Elan. I'm an alien from another program known as straight inc. A hellhole as well. Cheers!

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
How Do You view private
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 12:18:00 AM »
do u ever feel lost or confused about what we are talking about when we talk about elan? or you dont really care, since you probaly went through more hell at that straight place? that place sounds more hard core..in other ways? how old r u? how long ago were u there? where r u from that u say cheers? (btw-what happened when u clicked those bottons? :eek:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
How Do You view private
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »
do u ever feel lost or confused about what we are talking about when we talk about elan?
When you're talking about what? (J/k..) The lingo is kinda different, but after I while I've begun to pick it up..

or you dont really care, since you probaly went through more hell at that straight place?
I care, but I relate more to the straight inc people. I think both places sucked in different ways...

I'm 37. I was there from late 1982 until January of 1985.

where r u from that u say cheers?

Baltimore. It's a trend here.  :lol: No, I just like to say it...I'm not from the UK.

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
How Do You view private
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 08:56:00 PM »
Yea...i thought u might be from the UK,..the vocab you chose to use sounds British...What do u do with your life today?

Has the striaghts effected your life?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
How Do You view private
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 10:09:00 PM »
On 2003-12-29 19:27:00, E7haterJe wrote:

"also..u see that lock, arrow, and x on the way bottom of the screen...what do each do? what are they for?
"

Sorry, I forgot to answer this.
The lock locks a topic so that no one can post to it till somebody takes off the lock.

The arrow moves a thread to another forum.

The x deletes a thread.

I hardly ever use those and neither does Matt.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345371984/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Douglas Adams, _Last Chance to See_

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
How Do You view private
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2003, 01:11:00 AM »
Can other people besides you and Matt click and activate them? You know you should use those for that Nazi...88...kike guy?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
How Do You view private
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »
Yea...i thought u might be from the UK,..the vocab you chose to use sounds British..
Well that's bloody odd, luv..you really think I sound like a Brit, wot?

What do u do with your life today?
Mostly spend too much time on these forums. Besides that, I work at a hospital (thru a temp agency) setting up a wireless network.

Has the striaghts effected your life?

Straight effected my life? That's a tough one to answer in just a couple of sentences, but I'll have to do that right now. Yes. It did. It robbed me of 2 years of a normal adolescence, for starters. Fucked with me in front of a group of people when I couldn't defend myself. They told me I'd die with out them, and that I'd never be able to touch alcohol (or other things) again. Kept my family at odds with me for years...hmmm, I could go on, but I haven't even had coffee yet, and the Straight forum is full of new stuff. I'm a busy man!  :lol: I'll talk to you later, Fr13

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
How Do You view private
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2003, 01:02:00 PM »
On 2003-12-30 22:11:00, E7haterJe wrote:

"Can other people besides you and Matt click and activate them? You know you should use those for that Nazi...88...kike guy?
"

Only SysAdmin (Bill) and Bellis, who's real identity remains shrouded in mystery :wink:

But I hate to mess with the content. I've deleted floods before, but even then I leave a sample. And I'll edit out things like proprietary or personal info not posted by the owner if the rightful owner requests it.

But I like to keep these forums as close as possible to "What you see is what you get" and let the reader decide what to make of it.

I look at it like this. If I'd started out months ago dunning and spanking this guy to get him to behave better, he might have kept his more outrageous sentiments to himself. So I'd only have been helping to create the illusion that he's not what he is. All good intentions aside, I think that would mess w/ people more than just letting him show his own ass.

BTW, I banned the new IP last night, so he can't even read these forums till he gets another one.

It takes a village idiot to believe that a family needs instruction from the government to raise a child.
-- Anonymous homeschooler

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes