General Interest > Addiction Treatment Philosophy

I'm in the camp that doesn't believe it's a religious cult

(1/1)

AACameToBe:

--- Quote ---Re: AA Wants To Erase You!

Postby kehsciences ยป Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Primrose wrote:It's not just a religious cult. It is a pick up joint and a social club.

I'm in the camp that doesn't believe it's a religious cult (AA is far too boring and the people far too unreliable) but wholeheartedly agree that, if you're looking for a quick screw or a place to meet a bunch of grumpy people with absolutely no interest in anything remotely original, AA is tops. It's also a fine place to get insulted and, my personal favorite, feel just as out-of-place as you may have before. You know, one of the reasons why you may have picked up drinking in the first place. Only in AA it's your doing: step up and meet the grumpy folk, you self-centered f*ck.

I am, of course, bearer of the Self-Centered F*ck label. And, like others that have their sanity in mind, I find the things that got me labeled as an AA Outsider ("Go drink up, bitch. We'll welcome you back. Research! Do your research! See you in a bit... if you're lucky!") are the same things that got me a good education and other burdens of ambition and effort. The hell do I know, though? I'm just one guy.
--- End quote ---

Well good for you. I am sure then, you will not be overwhelmed by this new cult you just joined, RFR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version