Author Topic: Going back to a meeting  (Read 2131 times)

Offline AACameToBe

• View Profile
Going back to a meeting
« on: August 01, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »
Going back to a meeting

Postby BB Kate ยป Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:16 am
I have an AA "friend" with whom i spent much time deprogramming. He was pretty close to elaving altogether, but decided to go to 1 meeting a week, for social reasons.

He saw no harm in it, didn't see it a hypocritical etc etc. "That's all well and good", i said. "But I coudln't do it. I don't want to have any association with AA whatsoever."

The thing is, he regularly says to me that i should go back to a meeting, just to see what it's like, laugh at it etc. BUt i have been quite clear with him about this - i woudl rather chew my arm off than go back, listen to the rhetoric, be subjected to the false smiles/serenity/gratitude etc.

I think he wants a partner in crime, which i understand. There was a time when i wanted to go to an Anniversary meeting, brag about being sober without AA, eat all their chicken wings and egg sandwiches and leave. But the thought of it now makes me feel sick.

BB Kate

Well, wasn't this a fabulous story, there missy. Now STFU!!! I sure your friend gets more out of AA than you ever have. Stop bugging him about going to AA meeting, BB Kate.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »