Author Topic: RecoveringfromRecovery.com  (Read 2609 times)

Offline AACameToBe

• View Profile
RecoveringfromRecovery.com
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
http://recoveringfromrecovery.com/forum/index.php
Re: the never ending thread
Postby Avo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:45 am
This is a friendly and safe place. It's nice to get to know people without having to wonder who is lurking and ready to pounce on anything that is said. It must be sad and lonely for those that get their jollies doing that to others constantly.

It was pathetic to see how abusive they were to the innocent people that lost a friend. Regardless of how people die, judging without any knowledge other than a few words on the web and harassing the friends of a victim is wisted. That's overstepping, pun intended, and again, do we want what "they" have? I feel strongly that it would never happen at this site. I've "heard" many here, mainly in the chat-room, express their thanks and also have some fun and joke around at times as well.

-- We couldn't leave town for the holiday as planned so the family all watched a movie this evening. During break, when it cooled off, we then all went to watch the fire works (nice we have a huge open park near the house and we walked over). They had about 6 large sprinklers going and it was pretty isolated because everyone else was at the town display. We could see it from the park, which is hilly, so it was perfect! My son and I took Grandma's dog and ran through the sprinklers while the sky was getting lit up. It was fun! :D

Postby yuk Yuk YUK! » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:12 pm
Other possible definitions for the Acronym "AA":

1) Assholes Anonymous
2) Automatic Assholes
3) Antisocial Assholes
4) Aggressively Antisocials
5) Assholes Assigned
6) Angry Assholes
7) Arrogant Assholes
8) Amazing Assholes
9) Altruistic Assholes
10) ADD YOUR OWN!

yuk Yuk YUK!

Postby Avo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:43 pm

yuk Yuk YUK! wrote:Other possible definitions for the Acronym "AA":

1) Assholes Anonymous
    2) Automatic Assholes
    3) Antisocial Assholes
    4) Aggressively Antisocials
    5) Assholes Assigned
    6) Angry Assholes
    7) Arrogant Assholes
    8) Amazing Assholes
    9) Altruistic Assholes
    10) ADD YOUR OWN!

We could also switch them around. That works as well:

1) Anonymous Assholes
2) Assholes Automatically
3) Assigned Assholes

24 Hours As an Asshole
Ailing Assholes
Ale or Assholes

Recovery Discussion
Post a reply
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Recovery Discussion

Postby Avo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:45 am
Monday: 4pm CST, 5pm EST, 10pm UK. Show up in the general chat area using the tab above. It's very user friendly.

Everyone is welcome. The topic will be about getting/staying clean and sober, or Maintenance regardless of the substance. Cross talk is allowed and suggested and the only rule will be No stepper talk. There won't be a format just chaos, lol. We aren't professionals and are just gathering to offer suggestions and give support.
Pro Empowerment!

Avo

Re: Recovery Discussion

Postby Avo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:29 am
Reminder:

Recovery Discussion on MONDAY, June 18th.

2pm PST
4pm CST
5pm EST
10pm UK

We'll be using the General Chat above and everyone is welcome.

No Stepper talk please :shock:
Friendly discussion and support. Feel free to cross talk and give suggestions (no have to's or musts).
Pro Empowerment!

Avo

Postby Avo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:58 pm
Since the first Recovery Discussion went well and a few people have asked, I thought we could give another session a try?

Same as before. No rules, crosstalk is highly recommended! :D

I'll keep you all update. I was thinking of Monday July 23rd.

More later...
Pro Empowerment!

Avo

Postby Avo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:41 pm
Hi All,

I propose that we have another discussion about recovery.

Basically an interactive talk between anyone that wants to discuss sobriety. Advice, options, ideas are all welcome. Since mfc has designed the chat area to have several rooms available we will also have the option of splitting up into topics. There is also the option for a couple of people to chat more privately.

On Monday, July 23rd
10 pm London
5 pm Eastern
4 pm Central
2 pm PST

Everyone is welcome. This includes ideas or questions by all, regarldess as to how much clean time a person has. Please just keep in mind that no stepper billshit is welcome.
Pro Empowerment!

Avo

Postby Avo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:38 pm
20 minutes until recovery discussion. Come to the chat room if your interested!. :D
Pro Empowerment!

Deprogramming Discussion
Post a reply
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Deprogramming Discussion

Postby btnben » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:05 pm
A couple of us were talking about having a chat room discussion about "Deprogramming". Are there stages to deprogramming? How long does it take? What are signs that it's still on-going? How do I feel now compared to when I first left? Any tips for the newly cult free? - that kind of thing.

Anyone interested, please add a post.

Proposed date and time : Thursday 26th July

2pm PCT
3pm Mountain
4pm Central
5pm EST
10pm UK

btnben

Re: Deprogramming Discussion

Postby dorak nob » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:30 pm
i'm in, thanks sounds like a great idea btnben ,it's funny my wife is always asking me to just get over AA and move on, not so easy especially the two meetings a day for a year. sort of brainwashed..

dorak nob

Postby rainbow » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:45 am
Sounds very interesting. Count me in. I enjoyed the discussion on skype today. I gotta get a mic this week. All I could do was type while everyone was chatting. But it was fun, nonetheless. Nieko & Ben, I'll need to use your names on my "meeting attendance card" this week. I used Avo's & Gunthar's last week. :lol:
It's time to OCCUPY AA.

rainbow

Postby Avo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:10 am
I'd love to join in and it's a possibility that I will. I have an appointment during that time for my son and while I wait, I can participate. I pad or I pod though so my typing will be off kilter. Hopefully I'll have hifi (sp) where I am at.

Ben and I spoke of deprogramming recently and he was very sharp and kind :) in his explanation (too bad some never got to know his good side and believe that he is ConaBen :roll: ). Programming thoughts still linger after many months of leaving and sometimes it takes a conscious thought to catch and correct it.
Pro Empowerment!

Avo

Postby mfc66 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:02 am
Thursday may be difficult for me as well but I do feel it is an important topic. I felt really let down by AA and the way that I had been told to behave as a result of the 12 steps. It really was a bad experience and it takes time to get over it. I think it is a subject that we should revisit often as people will be at different stages of recovering and will face different issues.
It would be good to get a lot of people online together although the time zone differences do make this hard, especially for me!
http://recoveringfromrecovery.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline AACameToBe

• View Profile
Re: RecoveringfromRecovery.com
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »
It is amazing how many sides of a mouth one can talk out of.
This website advocates for more science and less anecdotal evidence. Yet if you look at the chat room discussions they are advertising it is nothing more then a AA meeting with out the AA stamp. Stop by the chatroom, I have on a few occasions (I will not post those discussions here because this would be extremely violating) they speak the same lingo, thoughts and actions that people still in AA do.
Note...
 I do not have a issue posting the forum threads because they are open to the public eye.

Offline AACameToBe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:34:09 PM »

Postby mfc66 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:23 pm
We all seem to agree on the asshole bit though which is good.

mfc66
    Site Admin

Postby rainbow » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:29 am
abundant ass-wipes
artificial analogies
active alkies
annoying assholes
It's time to OCCUPY AA.

rainbow

Postby live_free_or_die » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:15 pm
American Assimilation

live_free_or_die

Postby mfc66 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:52 am
This site is really cringeworthy and crazy and I hope nobody vomits on Sunday morning as a result of a visit. In this post they seem to think that God is an alcoholic http://recoveryissexy.com/god-is-an-alc ... Is+Sexy%29

This just shows the type of idiot that sets them self up as a sponsor in a 12 step group.

mfc66
    Site Admin

Postby Avo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:56 pm

God wants to do things his way, and will only help if we give him the reins completely

This is just too much. So much for a non religious program. "Complete surrender to God" - No, we aren't religious. "A religious experience is needed" - No, we aren't religious. "Must pray" - No, we aren't religious. Yet the insistence that you can choose your HP or God, they say, makes it only spiritual. The point is, that if it is a HP that can cure you of alcoholism and take all of your character defects away then it is the same HP only the name is different for each individual.
Pro Empowerment!

Avo

Postby humanspirit » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:47 am
That site is truly bizarre. It is basically saying that God is like an alcoholic. An idea which, if I were a religious person, I would find deeply offensive.

What gets me about some of these steppers is their sheer arrogance in presuming to know what "God's will" is. Doesn't it ever occur to them that God might actually want them to die an alcoholic death in a gutter, and that they might be taking steps to thwart his will through their own selfish will power? I do find it interesting that God's will always happens to coincide with the desires and beliefs of steppers.

(Avo, or anyone else of a religious faith, I hope you don't find this offensive. I'm not criticizing anyone who believes in God in any way. I just find these people quite staggering in their hubris and their absolute conviction that God will inevitably conform to their world view, and will do what they demand, just because they have stopped drinking and are members of AA.)

humanspirit

Postby live_free_or_die » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:11 pm

What gets me about some of these steppers is their sheer arrogance in presuming to know what "God's will" is. Doesn't it ever occur to them that God might actually want them to die an alcoholic death in a gutter, and that they might be taking steps to thwart his will through their own selfish will power? I do find it interesting that God's will always happens to coincide with the desires and beliefs of steppers.

Do you sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and ask yourself…………………………..or sometimes when you are taking a shower do you ask yourself………………am I in a cult?

????????????????????????????????????????????????

Answer the following questions. It is in your best interests to be rigorously honest in your answers.

Do AA’ers:

Claim a special revelation or a position of authority given by god™?

Say they have the only answer to drink and take a critical stance on any alternative solutions?

Use intimidation or psychological manipulation to keep AA members loyal to their ranks? This could be in the form of threats, such as death, jails or institutions. This is vital to the mind control process.

Expect you to give financial support to the group, or a substantial time commitment to the group? This could be in the form of service, and are coercive methods of instilling guilt used on those who have not contributed?

Say that they don't solicit the group for money or time commitments?

Place a great emphasis on loyalty to the group and its religious dogma?

Lives become totally absorbed into AAThinkSpeak® and the group's activities?

Have little or no time to think for themselves, or is thinking discouraged by the AA dogma? This is also a vital part of the mind control process.

Attempt to take total control over almost all aspects of the private lives of newcomer members? Newcomers will look to their leaders (sponsors™) for guidance in everything they do.

Discourage any dissent or questioning of the group's teachings?

See any criticism in any form as rebellion?

Place a great emphasis on authority, unquestioning obedience and submission?.

Reveal embarrassing facts about others that have left AA or employ threats to those that speak out?

End Of Test

????????????????????????????????????????????????

How many of your answers were yes?

live_free_or_die

Postby Avo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:42 am
It's not even the damn ignorance that gets me the most but the absolute gall that AAs have when telling anyone that walks through that door what their idea of God has to be. It's unbelievable that as they give these lectures that they can claim that they are a secular program. When I get angry I feel like going to a meeting just to argue with the first asshole that attempts to lecture me just because they claim to have recovery. I wonder if that could constitute good therapy?
Pro Empowerment!

Avo

Postby massive » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:03 am
I can't believe the shooting in Colorado. so sad. I have Clara from opf trolling my leavingaa site. I told her to go away.

massive

Postby humanspirit » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:30 pm
Hi Massive - yes, the shooting was really shocking. I guess they've still got no idea what the motivation was?

Clara seems to be completely obsessed with you (you lucky thing!). Good to tell her to keep her humongous ego away from your site.

Postby rainbow » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:33 pm
I'm guessing she doesn't go to enough meetings if she's got so much time to be online.

Offline AACameToBe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »
If we really thought they were serious and compassionate to their cause, we would sit back and not feel like we must take action against these marauding abusive people. In the coming weeks we will open up a window to the abusive behavior of many of the members who belong to RFR=RecoveringfromRecovery.
Massive
Avocagno
JR Harris
Btnben
Mfc66
causeandeffect
Rainbow
Gunthar
DeConstructor