Author Topic: Cedars Academy Closes  (Read 8744 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Cedars Academy Closes
« on: September 03, 2009, 12:03:05 PM »
Breaking News
Posted: Aug 27, 2009

Cedars Academy
Bridgeville, DE

Cedars Academy Closes

Karen E. Fitzhugh, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President - Northeast Division
Aspen Education Group (A division of CRC Health)
(802) 274-1544 cell
(802) 592-3344 Office
[email protected]

August 24, 2009

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Effective immediately, Cedars Academy in Bridgeville, Delaware will cease operations. All students have been carefully assessed and are in the process of being moved to alternate programs.

This decision comes after much thought; closing a program is not a decision that is made lightly within the Aspen Education Group organization. Fortunately, Aspen's vast continuum of care will allow us to continue serving the needs of this particular student population at several other AEG locations, including Stone Mountain School, Southeast Journeys (the Talisman Semester Program) and ultimately with a new program and location to be unveiled in 2010.

Cedars Academy specialized in helping children who were diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Asperger's Syndrome (AS) and Nonverbal Learning Disorder (NLD). A licensed and accredited residential school, Cedars Academy was successful in helping students build academic and social skills and awareness. The staff and leadership of Cedars Academy worked hard to create a positive learning environment for our students, helping them achieve success in school and in life. We wish to thank them for their many years of dedicated service and continued passion for helping young people.

We appreciate the ongoing support from our Cedars families and professional partners during this transition. We look forward to the future and the opportunity to discuss our new program once the planning process is complete.

Sincerely,
Karen Fitzhugh

Copyright © 2009, Woodbury Reports, Inc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Cedars Academy Closes
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 06:06:31 PM »
Wow, from the sounds of things, they got fucking dropped like an MMA beatdown.

What the hell happened?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »
See also:

Offline laurra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 02:12:10 AM »
What schools should i put on my safety school list? I am a H.S senior from Illinois with a GPA of 3.1 and an ACT of 22. I am doing my college search this entire summer and would like some opinions on what colleges/universities i have a good chance of getting into with my gpa and act. I need opinions on what schools i should put on my "safety school" list. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:36:40 AM by laurra »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 11:40:19 AM »
Quote from: "laurra"
What schools should i put on my safety school list? I am a H.S senior from Illinois with a GPA of 3.1 and an ACT of 22. I am doing my college search this entire summer and would like some opinions on what colleges/universities i have a good chance of getting into with my gpa and act. I need opinions on what schools i should put on my "safety school" list. Thanks in advance!

I don't know what the fuck a "safety school" is, but you cannot possibly be in a place more wrong than this board if you're asking where to go after high school.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 12:16:34 AM »
Some Cedars Academy history:

...When I was eleven years old, my parents sent me away to a camp which was marketed as a "hyperactivity treatment" camp. It was called the Academy Of New Horizons in St. Johnsville, N.Y. The owners, Mary Pauer and Neil Schwartz, subjected me and a handful of other kids to many of the same forms of torture and humiliation which were used in Abu Ghraib- including forced nudity, being tied naked to a tree or in a hammock, being forced to stand in one place for several hours in the heat, being physically beaten, and they attempted to force us to recite humiliating things about ourselves. They kept me there for the winter for a "school" season, and did more of the same, only in the winter the forced outdoor nudity was much more painful. This was done to anyone who didn't allow themselves to be completely controlled by the school's staff- they were not trying to enforce reasonable forms of adult supervisory control, but manipulative and degrading forms of control- control meant to achieve demoralization.

This was what they marketed as "hyperactivity treatment"- they beat and abused children until the kids were afraid to move, so when they returned home, they appeared calm and the school appeared to have done its job. As an adult, now, I can safely say there was nothing therapeutic about what they were doing there, and I have scores of later opinions from medical and psychological health professionals to back that conclusion up. What they did there was torture with the goal of breaking people's spirit for the purpose of creating the illusion that they somehow "cured" hyperactive children - ten, eleven, twelve year old children. I was subjected to the worst of this treatment because I ceded nothing to them and refused to let them demoralize me. The school's NY location was apparently forced to shut down, but then they relocated to Delaware and assumed the name Cedars Academy. They are now owned by a company called Aspen Schools. The first owner, Mary Pauer, still works there...
    [/list][/size]
    Gonzales; Torture Overseas Compared to, Cedars Academy/Aspen[/list]

Offline CandiedOregon

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 01:05:48 AM »
    when I was 15 I went to this scum hole of a school with Bi polar and a Seizur(spelling) disorder and I was jumped daily for a year by bullies in the school program for being EMO  :soapbox:  so here is my 2 cents

I am glad that they closed down I hope the freaking ACLU burned that place to the freaking ground the kids there taught eachother how to be manipulative to get there way and how to steal from there parents

and the older kids where there for REHAB from DRUGS and ALCOHOL  :poison:  and some where in gangs

I witnessed in my 1 year of being in the program 2 rapes at the school and I don't give a F if anyone from that hell hole gets on here and reads this and finds out who I am
    I wont let my story of torture be unheard

:soapbox: in my opinion the food tasted like shit the chef couldn't cook worth a damn and all of the "house parents" where conseeted(spelling) two faced bastards who wake you up at 4 in the morning when school doesn't start until 9

I became suicidal several times at that school and hade to be medically released from the program in DE back home to GA atleast 6 times idc what you think about me or if you even read this I just want to be heard

Offline diablopop

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »
    I want to say press release is the best medium for promoting a new business or any news or products launched by a company or firm.It is a great medium of getting the traffic on a website.If i forget some points about press release please share your views.

:hug: