Author Topic: Introduction and Looking for Resources  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Terminally Unique

• View Profile
Introduction and Looking for Resources
« on: July 07, 2012, 11:46:50 AM »
Hi. I am reading A Life Gone Awry, and I can relate to the jailhouse mentality in that place. I was in a teen behavioral hospital type place in the '80's and then transferred to long-term in a Catholic boarding school for wayward girls. It wasn't violent, but we had intercoms in our rooms, and our mail was intercepted and censored. We were routinely humiliated, and I was banned from reading any books. We went outside for an hour a day to walk around a courtyard that was about a quarter of an acre, if I remember right. We left the property once a month, or so.

I have a lot of stories and a lot of damage, but I am interested in reading the stories of other people. What are some good blogs, books, or articles? Is there a story thread somewhere on here?

Anyway, this website is pretty inclusive, and I'm having a hard time navigating it. Please direct me to a more appropriate forum if this is the wrong place for my post.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Horatio.

• View Profile
Re: Introduction and Looking for Resources
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »
This Straight Inc. memoir was just released http://www.amazon.com/Straightling-A-Me ... 146990280X

Offline Terminally Unique

• View Profile
Re: Introduction and Looking for Resources
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 12:31:11 AM »
Thanks for this suggestion. I couldn't get it on Kindle, so I ordered Help at any Cost, which I love. I just, I thought I was being crazy and difficult and neurotic to harbour such strong feelings about those places. I feel relief when I read how cookie cutter they were. I feel less like I was the problem. I'm really happy to have found this forum.