Author Topic: What is known about Shepherd's Ranch Christian Academy  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What is known about Shepherd's Ranch Christian Academy
« on: August 11, 2008, 08:33:38 AM »
A relative was sent to Shepherd's Ranch Christian Academy - http://www.shepherdsranchchristianacademy.com/. We disagree about that but our letters have to the parents first and I guess that they tear them up.

I found out that the campus formerly belonged to the Cascade School.

Anybody know anything about this program?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Re: What is known about Shepherd's Ranch Christian Academy
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 10:12:54 AM »
Never heard of it but as you said - it is up in cascade country.

Are you sure that is the old cascade campus?

I had a quick look at their website. I can't believe these places don't cover what I'd consider to be core information such as:

- History (years in operation) & corporate affiliations

- collective and individual staff experience/skills

Instead of useful information here are the nuggets you get in the FAQ's:

Q.What denomination is Shepherd's Ranch Christian Academy?

A.We are a Non-Denominational, Bible-Based School and Student Advisors come from a variety of Christian Backgrounds.

Aka - we pass the collection basket to every one.

Q.What is the weather like in Whitmore?

A.From fall through spring we do receive a lot of precipitation and some snow and temperatures vary greatly according to the season. Summers can get over 100 degrees, and winter nights can be below freezing. Students should have a warm coat for the cooler months.

Really? Did these people grow up in a cave? You're about to send your kid away and then want to talk about camping gear? Scary.
"Send your money and your coat cloaked kid to N. Cal and we'll fix him. We'll fix him so good that he'll believe burning bushes talk and woman can become involuntarily impregnated via non-contact sex with god. (Hey, isn't that telekinetic rape?).

Q.Are there Professional Counselors on Staff?

Yes. Our Program Director is a credentialed professional counselor (Social Worker) that currently works with our students on a one on one basis

I thought CEDU was bad. This has the potential to be worse. People can call them out on their operation and all they have to do is play the god card.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 04:30:13 PM »
It is the old Cascade campus.

Look here when it was for sale: 250-acre Cascade School $ 3,250,000.

And the sat.photo: The lower left is the main picture of the add

So we have improved both our Cascade article and made a new one for this program: Secret Prisons for Teens wiki on SRCA. When the article is fully developed, it will exported to Fornits Wiki.

Offline Scootz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »
My son went there for a couple of months and I do have to say that it was the worst mistake that I ever made. They call themselves christians and trained counslers, well let me tell you they are none of those. My son was verbally abused and physically abused. When I removed him from there, they stated that they would refund my last months tuition and of course that was a total lie. So if your thinking on sending your child there, I would investigate a little more than I did. I really hope that someone closes them down. This place is EVIL!!!!!

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 01:24:28 AM »
It didn't get better for that haunted place.

Shepherd's Ranch Christian Academy closed down and Julian Youth Academy - also so-called Christians - moved in. If you have read about the mummified baby case, I can inform you that the tragedy took place on the very same campus.