Author Topic: William Spencer Brooks (St. John's Military School), R.I.P.  (Read 6858 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
William Spencer Brooks (St. John's Military School), R.I.P.
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:23:43 AM »
Video news footage at the title link:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

News9.com
Two Die In Edmond Rollover Accident

Posted: Mar 01, 2012 8:51 PM EST
Updated: Mar 02, 2012 12:31 AM EST

EDMOND, Oklahoma - Two men are dead following a single-vehicle rollover accident in Edmond.

Police say the Honda SUV was westbound on East 15th Street near Post Road about 7:30 Thursday night when it swerved off the road and rolled several times.

Two occupants were ejected and both died.  A third occupant who was not ejected managed to crawl out of the vehicle and was taken by ambulance to a local hospital.

Police have not released the names of the victims pending the notification of relatives.

The cause of the accident is not yet known.

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2012, WorldNow and KWTV.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Police ID victims in Edmond double fatality crash
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 02:33:01 AM »
The Edmond Sun
Police ID victims in Edmond double fatality crash

Mark Schlachtenhaufen · The Edmond Sun
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 03:38 PM CST

EDMOND — It appears speed was a factor in Thursday evening's crash in which an Edmond man, 21, and an Oklahoma City man, 19, were killed near Arcadia Lake, police said Friday.

Edmond Police Department spokeswoman Glynda Chu said the victims have been identified as William Spencer Brooks, 21, of Edmond, and Brendon Lee Hill, 19, of Oklahoma City. Brooks was from Oklahoma City but was living in Edmond, Chu said.

Chu said Austin McClung, 19, of Oklahoma City, was transported to OU Medical Center-Presbyterian Tower. Friday afternoon, hospital spokeswoman Natalie Fix said he had been released.

"The investigation indicates William Brooks was the driver and speed was involved," Chu said. "We will wait for toxicology tests to come back to determine if alcohol was a factor."

At 7:25 p.m. Thursday the Police Department received a call about a crash at East 15th Street and Post Road near Arcadia Lake, Chu said.

Chu said the three males in a Honda Accord station wagon were traveling west on East 15th Street near Post Road when for some unknown reason the driver crossed over the center line of traffic. It traveled across the road and when the wheels left the roadway the driver lost control of the vehicle and it rolled over several times, Chu said.

Two of the men were ejected and died at the scene, Chu said. They were not wearing seatbelts, she said. McClung was able to crawl out of the wreckage and was transported to the hospital, she said. He was wearing a seatbelt, she said.

"The seatbelt probably saved his life," Chu said.

A resident who lived near where the wreck occurred heard the crash and walked to the scene and waved down a passing car to call 9-1-1, Chu said.

"There are no eyewitnesses that we know of, but we hope to find out more of what led to the crash from the survivor," Chu said. "This is a terrible tragedy, anytime you lose a life it is horrible, last night we lost two."

Investigators are not sure what caused the driver to lose control resulting in the crash, Chu said.

[email protected] | 341-2121, ext. 108

The Edmond Sun 123 S. Broadway Edmond, OK 73034

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Police Identify Men Killed In Edmond Rollover Accident
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 02:38:08 AM »
Video news footage at the title link:

News9.com
Police Identify Men Killed In Edmond Rollover Accident

Posted: Mar 02, 2012 3:40 PM EST
Updated: Mar 02, 2012 11:14 PM EST

William Spencer Brooks

Brendon Lee Hill

Austin McClung

EDMOND, Oklahoma - Edmond Police have identified the two men killed in last night's rollover accident as 19-year-old Brendon Lee Hill and 21-year-old William Spencer Brooks.

They have also identified the third, surviving passenger as 19-year-old Austin McClung.

Police say the Honda Accord station wagon was moving westbound on East 15th Street near Post Road about 7:30 p.m. Thursday when it swerved off the road and rolled several times. According to the police investigation, Brooks was the driver.

A neighbor called 911 after he heard the crash. And although he wishes to remain anonymous, he says he is still terribly shaken. Even though his call to 911 was almost 10-minutes long, he says he doesn't really remember anything.

Click here to listen to the 911 call from the accident.

Both Brooks and Hill were not wearing their seatbelts and were ejected from the vehicle. McClung was sitting in the backseat and wearing his seatbelt. He managed to crawl out of the vehicle and was taken by ambulance to a local hospital.

Police say speed was a factor in the accident. A toxicology test will be performed to determine whether or not alcohol was involved as well.

Friday friends of the victims laid flowers at the scene of the accident. Brooks family members were there as well. They say Brooks worked at the Upper Crust on the Classen Curve. His boss says that Brooks was a key member of his staff, who worked just hours before he died.

Brooks is a graduate of St. Johns Military Academy in Salina, Kansas. His family says he was working towards joining the Army National Guard.

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2012, WorldNow and KWTV.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
William Brooks - St. John's Military School's class of 2009
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:22:16 AM »
From the above article:

Brooks is a graduate of St. Johns Military Academy in Salina, Kansas. His family says he was working towards joining the Army National Guard.[/list]
    He is among the graduation candidates listed for St. John's Military School's class of 2009, emphasis added:

Salina Journal
    St. John's graduation

posted on May 11, 2009 at 11:19:54 am

St. John's graduation

Graduation exercises for St. John's Military School's class of 2009 were Saturday at the school. Candidates for graduation were:

Carlos Ballina, Mexico; William Brooks, Oklahoma City, Okla.; Andre Cardoso, Elizabeth, New Jersey; John Carter, Flower Mound, Texas; Joseph Casey, Littleton, Colo.; Timothy Crawford, Evergreen, Colo.; Steven "Kip" Crockenberg, Colorado Springs, Colo.; Ryan David, Centennial, Colo.; Stefan DeKraker, Denver, Colo.; Nicholas Foster, Burlington, Iowa; Johnathon Frank, Ardmore, Okla.; Spencer Gunn, Colorado Springs, Colo.; Jeffrey Hamulak, Littleton, Colo.; Wiley Parrish, Oklahoma City, Okla.; Preston Pitterman, Parker, Colo.; Josemaria Ruiz, Mexico; Nicholas Saullo, Waterford, Mich.; Ilya Sheldon, Westwood Hills; Ian Sitarik, Longmont, Colo.; David Sorenson, Roswell, New Mexico; John Taylor, Franktown, Colo.; Kyle Taylor, Franston, Tex.; Austin Thompson, Yuma, Colo.; Joshua Webber, Sandy, Utah, and Jacob Wilcox-Haskett, Sheridan, Wyoming.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    William Brooks, Dec 17, 1990 - March 1, 2012
    « Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »
    His Obituary as published in The Oklahoman:

William Brooks

Dec 17, 1990 - March 1, 2012[/list]

OKLAHOMA CITY · William Spencer Brooks, son, grandson, and brother, died March 1, 2012, in an automobile accident. William was born in Oklahoma City on December 17, 1990. William attended Casady School from pre-K to 5th grade. William graduated from St. John's Military Academy in 2009. While excelling at St. John's, William earned a reputation for his demonstrated leadership skills. He quickly gained rank over many of the older students while balancing numerous extra-curricular activities. While at St. John's, William found his true passion in music, particularly percussion. He attended college in Wichita, Kansas, and transferred to Oklahoma City Community College in 2010. William was working as a waiter and bartender at Upper Crust with the intention to accept a military scholarship at Wentworth Military Academy in the fall. William was excited about his future, and we all could see someone who had grown into a confident, sensitive, and caring young man. William is survived by his father, Gary L. Brooks; stepmother, Ann Brooks; mother, Colleen Doolin; grandparents, Glenn Brooks, Dominika Brooks, and Velda Burns; brothers, Michael Brooks and Reid Brooks; sister-in-law, Mary Brooks; and many other family members and friends. William was preceded in death by his grandparents, Justice John B. Doolin, Katherine Doolin, and Lois Brooks. William's future was exceptionally bright, and the dawn of his manhood inspired hope in all around him for the great things to come. He will be missed, but his life will be celebrated. The family would like to invite you to a gathering in his memory on Sunday, March 4, 2012, beginning at 2 p.m. at 6304 Glenbrook Court, Oklahoma City. In lieu of flowers, please make contributions to A.R.F. (Animal Rescue Friends of Nichols Hills), where William volunteered as a child. Graveside service arrangements pending.

Published in The Oklahoman on March 4, 2012

© Copyright 1999-2012 Legacy.com

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      Re: William Brooks, Dec 17, 1990 - March 1, 2012
      « Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 02:35:29 PM »
      Guest Book entries for William Brooks, connected with the above obituary, and maintained by Legacy.com:

March 04, 2012
        Gary, Ann and family. Our thoughts are with you all. Over the past 5 years, we saw William grow into an amazing young man with such great potential. We share your grief and wish we could be there with you as you celebrate his life today.

Andy and Rhonda Wiles
      March 04, 2012
        God be with you Gary and may He give you strength.
          ~ Terry West,
      Shawnee[/list][/list]
      March 04, 2012
        Gary and Ann my thoughts are with you.
        Lauren Dickey
          ~ lauren Dickey,
      Lawton, Oklahoma[/list][/list]
      March 04, 2012
        Thoughts and prayers Gary...I was working for Dr Bary Robbins when William (Spencer) was born....
          ~ Cheryl Haggard,
      Seaside, Oregon[/list][/list]
      March 05, 2012
        Gary and Ann, I was so sorry to hear this news. I cannot imagine the depth of your loss. Both of you and William are in my prayers daily.
          ~ David Branscum,
      Oklahoma City, Oklahoma[/list][/list]
      March 11, 2012
        Debra Ann and Gary,we just heard of your devisating loss of your son. You are in our thoughts and prayers. If you two need anything,please call us. You two were there for us during Mistys accident. love,Aunt Linda and Uncle Hursel Henson Andy and Teresa Bobby and Lisat
          ~ Teresa Schluterman,
      Paris, Arkansas[/list][/list]

©2012 Legacy.com.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      William Spencer Brooks: December 17, 1990 - March 1, 2012
      « Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 12:03:27 PM »
      A Memorial Page with obituary by Becker Funeral Home:

William Spencer Brooks
      December 17, 1990 - March 1, 2012

BIOGRAPHY

Graveside service for William Spencer Brooks, 21, Oklahoma City, will be Wednesday morning, March 7, 2012 at Highland Cemetery, Lawton Oklahoma, with time to be determined.

William died March 1, 2012 in an automobile accident.

Burial will be in Highland Cemetery, Lawton, under the direction of the Becker Funeral Home & Cremation Service.

William was born December 17, 1990 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He attended Casady School from Pre-K until 5th grade. William graduated from St. John's Military School in 2009. While excelling at St. John's, William earned a reputation for his demonstrated leadership skills. He quickly gained rank over many of the older students while balancing numerous extra-curricular activities. While at St. John's, William found his true passion in music, particularly percussion. He attended college in Wichita, Kansas and transferred to Oklahoma City Community College in 2010. William was working as a waiter and bartender at Upper Crust, with intention to accept a military scholarship at Wentworth Military Academy in the fall. William was excited about his future, and we all could see someone who had grown into a confident, sensitive and caring young man.

William is survived by his mother, Colleen Doolin, his father Gary L. Brooks, grandfather, Glenn Brooks, brothers, Michael and Reid Brooks, and many other family members and friends.

William is preceded in death by his grandparents, Justice John B. Doolin, Katherine Doolin and Lois Brooks.

William's future was exceptionally bright, and the dawn of his manhood inspired hope in all around him for the great things to come. He will be missed.

In lieu of flowers, please make contributions to St. John's Military School, Salina, KS.

FACTS

Born: December 17, 1990
      Place of Birth: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
      Death: March 1, 2012
      Place of Death: Edmond, Oklahoma

Memorial Networks™ Partner Provider: Batesvile Interactive

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      Re: William Spencer Brooks: December 17, 1990 - March 1, 201
      « Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »
      Guest Book entries for William Spencer Brooks, maintained by the Becker Funeral Home and connected to the above Memorial Page:

Chuck and Cheri Abshere · 03/04/2012
        We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Praying for all of you.
      Karen Vindelov · 03/04/2012
        Will you were like a son to me, living with us in Wichita. We had our ups and downs and got on each others nerves. Trevor and Travis both love you like a brother and are devastated by this loss.
      Paige Powell Perry · 03/04/2012
        I offer my deepest sympathy to your family for your loss. I pray for strength and peace for you all.
      Lyle R Kelsey · 03/05/2012
        Gary,
        I am in shock. I read the accident account in the paper and did not even make any connection until Sunday evening. I am so sorry for such a tragic loss of a son and so young. Nothing can be said to ease the hurt but I just want you to know that I am praying for strength for you and your family.
      Gayla Janke · 03/05/2012
        Gary, I am very sorry for your loss. May God comfort you during this time.
      Eric & Kay Frische · 03/05/2012
        Gary,

Both of us were saddened to hear of the loss of your son. Please know that you are in our prayers.

Eric & Kay Frische
      Reji Varghese · 03/05/2012
        Mr. Brooks my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time
      jenny boyer M.D. · 03/05/2012
        gary, my heart goes out to you. I am available anytime you might want to have me around. Jenny
      Sharon Greenlee Jones · 03/05/2012
        My deepest condolences to the the family.
      Laure Dickey · 03/06/2012
        My thoughts are with you
      Mikel Shanklin · 03/06/2012
        Colleen, I'm very so for your loss. My prayers will be with you and your family.
      Emily Aldrich · 03/06/2012
        A few years ago my cousins, Trevor and Travis Vindelov, were at St. John's Military School with Will. A couple times a year, my family and I would go visit my cousins and we would see Will there. He would always give me piggy back rides and make me laugh :) Even though I didn't know Will that well, I still knew he was a nice person. You will be missed Will.

Memorial Networks™ Partner Provider: Batesvile Interactive