Author Topic: Steven J. Kinney, veterinarian, buys Elan Property  (Read 41188 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Steven J. Kinney, veterinarian, buys Elan Property
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 10:41:37 AM »
repetetive
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:39:12 PM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 10:54:41 AM »
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:13:07 PM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 11:23:40 AM »
http://www.hyde.edu/2011/02/15/blogs/li ... -of-snowe/

When I think about today’s ideologically deadlocked U.S. Senate, I’m proud that a senator from my Great State of Maine once said, “I speak as a Republican, I speak as a woman. I speak as a United States senator.  I speak as an American.  The United States Senate has long enjoyed worldwide respect as the greatest deliberative body in the world.  But recently that deliberative character has too often been debased to the level of a forum of hate and character assassination.”

I’m also proud to say that either one of Maine’s senators – Olympia Snowe or Susan Colins – could have delivered the above quote.  The thing is, neither of them did.

When my daughter served as a tour guide for Susan Collins’ visit to her local elementary school, Senator Collins sent a personal note a few days later thanking Scout and telling us we should be proud of our daughter.  A politician’s personal touch?  Maybe, but it was a thoughtful gesture any way you look at it.

http://www.mfoa.net/mfoa_press/press/mf ... llins.html

MFOA Endorses Senator Susan Collins
 Written by MFOA
 Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Maine Friends of Animals focuses its political impetus on state legislative races and seldom endorses national or local candidates.

However, given the outstanding record of Maine’s Republican U.S. Senator Susan Collins, we have made an exception for this election.

Her list of bills supporting animal welfare is too long to list, but recently includes legislation in ending the slaughter of U.S. horses for human consumption, calling upon the government of Canada to end its commercial seal hunt, increasing funding for animal welfare, ending commercial whaling, increasing animal fighting enforcement, sponsoring downed animal protection, adding a bittering agent to anti-freeze to prevent pet and small animal poisoning, cosponsoring the pet safety act against Class B dealers of dogs and cats sold for research, and improving post-Katrina FEMA response to animals caught in a natural disaster.

Not only has our Maine Senator supported these and other animal protection bills, she is often a leading sponsor and active advocate. Senator Collins has repeatedly received an A on The Humane Society of the United States’s annual legislative scorecard.

Our endorsement means that we very much hope all our members and supporters will do whatever they can to help re-elect Senator Susan Collins so that she can go back to Congress for six more years to continue to do all that she does for animals.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 11:42:19 AM »
Now you are starting to get some where. Who or what business would want a property with plenty of acres w/ several buildings and a large lake, where zoning has already approved for commercial/school licensing? You have shown the realtor and possibly some investors. Who is the potential owner?
No Sharon is long gone and wants nothing more to do with schools or treatment programs. Horse tracks and gambling that is where she is today. Never did like that bitch, she was out for herself back in the day when I knew her.
I can't not prove this, but I think Hyde has a real interest in this property because of the current zoning reg's.
Steven Caminiti I know that dude?
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 12:37:41 PM »
I've never met Sharon, and sorry, but the idea of her picking Joe's bones clean as he lay coughing up blood, doesn't evoke a whole bunch of emotion in me.

I would have liked to be there when he finally got what was coming to him. Money was all he had, so to him, it was similar to what he did to us

I'd like to see that sale price. If she sold a property for 1/5th of the value, there were strings attached. She was married to Joe. She was anything but weak or stupid

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 12:48:58 PM »
http://www.hyde.edu/about-hyde-school/b ... -trustees/

Board
of
Governors

Jeff Black graduated from Hyde School in Bath, Maine in 1978. He is the former President and CEO of Teleflex, Inc., located in PA.

Jacki Hinton and David Boone are the parents of Hyde School graduate Aaron Hinton ‘98, who, after graduating from college, served on the faculty at our Bath campus. Both Jacki and David are attorneys in Denver, CO.

Kenneth P. DeAngelis is a General Partner at Austin Ventures in Austin, Texas, a venture capital firm specializing in building “category-defining technology companies.” Ken has a son who graduated from Hyde School in Bath, ME and a daughter who graduated from Hyde School in Woodstock, CT.

Al de Molina is a parent of a daughter who graduated from Hyde School in Bath, ME in 2011. He is the former CEO of GMAC Financial Services.

Spencer Garrett graduated from Hyde School in Bath, Maine, in 1981. He is a television and film actor and film producer.

Nancy B. Lund is the Senior Vice President of Marketing at Altria Client Services. Her son graduated from Hyde School in Woodstock, CT in 2006.

Thomas J. Moore is President and CEO of Cerealus. He has three sons who graduated from Hyde School in Bath, ME. His wife, Mary, serves on the faculty at Hyde School in Bath, ME.

Debbie and Joseph Werner have a son who graduated from Hyde School in Woodstock, CT in 2006. Joe serves as the CEO at Peter B. Cannell & Co., Inc. in New York, NY, and Debbie is a Licensed Social Worker in New York.

Dana and Malcolm McAvity have a son who graduated from Hyde School in Woodstock, CT in 2009. Malcolm is Vice President of Phibro LLC, and Dana works with energy healing at Greenwich Hospital and in private practice. She also serves on the board for Time for Lyme in NY.

Raymond Koda is a parent of a son and daughter who graduated from Hyde-Woodstock in 2008 and 2010. Raymond is Managing Director at UBS AG, Hong Kong and currently splits time between Hong Kong and Tokyo.

Jamie Delaney is parent to a son who graduated from Hyde-Woodstock in 2010. She is former EVP of Design for Ralsey Group LTD,  LFUSA.  Jamie resides in Stamford, Ct.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »
:boycott:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:50:57 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 01:02:58 PM »
Jeff Black graduated from Hyde School in Bath, Maine in 1978. He is the former President and CEO of Teleflex, Inc., located in PA.

http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=36799

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 01:09:16 PM »

Joseph B. Werner, Chairman, CEO & President, joined Peter B. Cannell & Co., Inc. in 1991. In 1995 he became president of the firm.  Mr. Werner received a B.S. degree in Finance from the Boston University School of Management in 1981 and an M.B.A. from Pace University's Lubin School of Business in 1987.  He began his career in 1981 with Bankers Trust Company where he worked as a securities analyst and in portfolio management. In 1984, he joined the Wallenberg group of Sweden (NY office) where again he worked as a securities analyst and portfolio manager. Mr. Werner is a member of the New York Society of Security Analysts, Inc. and a graduate of the New York State Banker's Association Trust Investment School.  He is also a Member of the Board of Governors of the Hyde School, a preparatory boarding school focused on character education.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »

Ritsuban “Raymond” Koda Learning is a continuous process, rewards and results often come later and are magnified by time. Giving is a reminder to honor the effort and commitment to such a life long process. I give to Hyde, especially after my children have graduated, to positively influence my personal and family growth. Especially, as an international family where physical commitment to school is limited — my wife and I fully appreciated the devotion that Hyde school has given to my children in their growth (and continuation of it) — the Hyde process still holds as a fundamental part of our family communication and behavioral standards for us.

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 07:05:11 PM »
What if it is a Hyde School that is opening instead of a new Élan?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 07:20:04 PM »
Quote from: "Xelebes"
What if it is a Hyde School that is opening instead of a new Élan?
Good question

If the first thing Danny said is "Sharon Terry is certainly not involved" then my assumption is that she is.

I slept, but I'm back at this tonight.

I'm just getting warmed up

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 08:19:05 PM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
Quote from: "molly"
Dear Inculcated,He did not read the entire threads but dismissed them because he was concerned that they contained outdated information. I am taking the lead in the research but my husband still has a vote and his vote is likely to be buttressed by the therapist's perception that Hyde is an excellent school.  I should have noted that the therapist has stated that he is currently treating Hyde students and that the school has done them a world of good.  I'll try to locate the other websites that you mentioned.  Thanks so much! Molly
Ah, I see. Well, I suppose that gang rape mentioned on the Hyde School is Hell on earth link is so four years ago.
Excerpted from the wall post:
…one of the girls in my wing got gang-raped and mccrann told everyone if we said anything to our parents we would be in more trouble than we'd ever known. obviously i told my parents, and look what happened? mccrann got fired…
The good news is that McCrann was reportedly fired. (That was a prudent move as the word got out anyway.) The bad news is that there was a gang rape and staff tried to exhort the students to conceal knowledge of this from their parents. The news that is relevant to your situation is that while no mention in this case of whether the victim was accused by staff of being culpable makes it a somewhat atypical example of how Hyde has chosen to deal with such crimes over the years—the attempted cover up with threats to the students is not an unfamiliar theme.
How’s that for character building?

I think the other posters have pretty much raised the other pointed concerns about the therapist’s recommendation of Hyde School for your child w/ ADD --that I completely agree that any parent should consider with care.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
I should qualify what I'm about to say as to a personal bias against Hyde School, based on my personal (and ultimately quite negative) experience there, so please feel free to take what I say with a healthy grain of salt.

There are many reasons why people may have opted not to update information, which include personal intimidation and Hyde's highly acclaimed peer pressure occurring behind the scenes. Let's not forget the emotional blackmail — all those dirty little secrets that kids and their parents are "pressured" into "discussing" in group. Although, it must also be said that some folk really get off on that stuff, and find that it gives their lives more "meaning." Just sayin' !

As to Hyde metamorphizing into "a humanistic, welcoming and yet academically rigorous place," I'll eat my best bear suit, if that proves to be the case.

The thing is, a place like Hyde operates under the dictates of a particular ideology. That ideology has not changed. The key Administration, many of who were indoctrinated in the system while they themselves were Hyde students, has changed but little. Whether or not particular lower echelon staff are or are not still there ... says more about the staff turnover rate than it says anything about conditions conducive or not conducive to abuse.

And

Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "Inculcated"
The good news is that McCrann was reportedly fired.
Fwiw, although Hyde seems to have taken pains to allow that impression, Hyde never fires a good kool-aid guzzler. Perhaps over administrative power struggles, yes, absolutely. But for "minor" transgressions and faux pas such as this? Pffft.

The "guilty" party in question might have to go away and ponder great questions such as the meaning of life, the consequences of their actions and what-not, but they're always not only welcome back, but expected back, as long as they're still drinking the kool-aid.

Given that Duncan McCrann's salary plus benefits (not including housing, etc. which was probably free) was roughly $166,000 in 2006, I imagine that he was quite happy to continue drinking the kool-aid. I don't know if he actually even left Hyde, but his role as "Head of School" appears to have ended in the aftermath of this incident.

I've never quite figured out whether such directives were for the supposed benefit of the alleged offender or a savvy public relations move, but I s'pose it all depends on the situation and the personnel involved.

Anyway... Duncan McCrann returned to Hyde, or just assumed other duties at Hyde, shortly after the above incident and was there until 2008 or so (the gang rape was reported to have occurred in 2006). From what I've been able to discern from my research (not having overlapped with the man), he was involved with Hyde Schools for approximately twelve years in one capacity or another, starting in 1996.

In 2008, he left to become President and COO of the Houston area location of the KIPP Charter School network (another nightmare of but slightly different hue), leaving earlier this year to form his own EdCon firm, "specializing in school growth, mangagement and operations." Apparently not specializing in spelling. [Right... Rip me for my standards for what an "education professional" puts on their online resumé. I should be so honored. :D ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2012, 09:19:24 PM »
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=38969

Elan directors at Hyde school

With one-third of the season still remaining for most teams, only three unbeaten boys' clubs remain in the entire state. All are in Western Maine: Falmouth in Class B, Dirigo in Class C and Hyde in Class D. Hyde's first-year coach is Peter Rowe, a Livermore Falls native and longtime leader of the program at Elan School in Poland Spring, which closed its doors in April 2011.

[email protected]

http://www.hyde.edu/about-hyde-school/f ... directory/

Predators flock to places that shut possible victims up. How much of the chatter about Rowe is true, if any?