Author Topic: Inbox Propaganda?  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Inbox Propaganda?
« on: March 14, 2003, 11:59:00 PM »
Just wanted to bounce this off of some of you politically-minded folk around here...this appeared in my inbox. I skimmed over it, but it's late, and I have other things on my mind, I can't focus on reading all this stuff, maybe it's the cough syrup I'm taking for the congestion I've got from this cold...but anyway I'm not sure if this is for or against...whaddya think? Whaddya think of oit in general? Here it is:

---------------------------------

Subject: The Logic of Bush's War?

The Logic of War

Peter Freundlich - NPR 03-13-03

Let me see if I understand the logic of this right.

We are going to ignore the UN to make clear to Saddam Hussein that the UN cannot be ignored.

We are going to wage war to preserve the UN's ability to avert war.

The paramount principle is that the United Nation's Word must be taken seriously and if we have to subvert it's Will to guarantee that it is, then by god, we will.

Peace is too important not to take up arms to defend. Further if the only way to bring democracy to Iraq is to vitiate the democracy of the security council then we are honor bound to do that too because democracy as we define it is too important to be stopped by a little thing as democracy as they define it.

Also in dealing with a man who brooks no dissention at home we can't afford dissention among ourselves. We must speak with one voice against Saddam's failure to allow opposing voices to be heard.

We are sending our gathered might to the Persian Gulf to make mute the point that Might does not make right as Saddam Hussein seems to think it does. And we are twisting the arms of the opposition until it let's us oust the regime that twists the arms of the opposition. We can't leave in power a dictator who ignores his own people and if our people and people elsewhere in the world fail to understand that then we have no choice but to ignore them.

Listen, don't misunderstand, I think its a good thing that the members of the Bush administration seem to have been reading Lewis Carroll. I only wish someone had pointed out that Alice in Wonderland/Through the looking glass are meditations on Paradox & Puzzle & illogic & on the strangeness of things. Not templates for Foreign Policy. Its amusing for the Mad Hatter to say "We must make War  on him because he's a threat to peace but not amusing for someone who actually commands an army to say that.

As a collector of laughable arguments I'd be enjoying all this were it not for the fact that I know, we all know, that lives are going to be lost in what amounts to a freak circular reasoning accident.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
Inbox Propaganda?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2003, 03:53:00 AM »
It's definitely against the war... making a mockery of the logic.  It's not a dead-on valid point in my opinion though, because it centers too much around the U.N.  I guess the main idea was humor.

I'd like to get interviewed by a warmonger on a news channel.  My answers would be:

Of course I'm against the war.

No I'm also against the U.N.

I'm against the U.S. Government also.

Yes, I'm against Iraq's government too.

David
Kennesaw, GA

[ This Message was edited by: JDavid on 2003-03-15 00:55 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Inbox Propaganda?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 02:52:00 PM »
Here's something a little more serious. Aparently, some pretty high ranking members of the Bush Admin are so displeased with the direction of the admin, they're leaking classified info.

Democracy Domino Theory 'Not Credible'
 A State Department report disputes Bush's claim that ousting Hussein will spur reforms in the Mideast, intelligence officials say.

By Greg Miller, Times Staff Writer

http://www.latimes.com/la-fg-domino14ma ... 8450.story

And something completely different

Tolkien Internationalism
George W. Bush is Gollum.

By Alex Gourevitch
Web Exclusive: 3.12.03
Print Friendly | Email Article

George W. Bush, it turns out, is actually Gollum.
http://www.prospect.org/webfeatures/200 ... 03-12.html

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
--Unanimous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Inbox Propaganda?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »
:bump:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 03:42:48 PM »
:feedtrolls:

Offline foxoldrose

• View Profile
    • http://www.beats-by-dre-headphones.us/
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 12:00:05 AM »
To be honest , I am a new here . But I want to change words and idea with you . I hope to be future more in this forum . Weclome me ! :twofinger:  :twofinger:
Health is not everything.But without health, everything is nothing. So is the shoes . It\'s

important to choose a pair of shoes to fit yourself . So love today . Lopve tomorrow . Love

future .

Offline Harrybolton

• View Profile
    • http://businessprofitideas.com
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 05:28:01 AM »
hey M new here and like to tell about my self m working in Business management  team as a computer entry level so m here to come get some knowledge.

Regards
Harry