Author Topic: Runaway from Summit Achievement center cut down by police force  (Read 8349 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Oscar

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1650
  • Karma: +4/-0
    • View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Runaway from Summit Achievement center cut down by police force
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:08:09 AM »
Riddled with bullets the police was able to stop the escape attempt of a student from the Summit Achievement center.

Quote from:
Lane Lesko dealt with bipolar disorder before his death, mother says
by Lindsay Knake, The Ann Arbor News,  June 28, 2016

ANN ARBOR, MI — Lane Lesko, the 19-year-old Ann Arbor man who died when police fatally shot him in New Hampshire on June 21, dealt with bipolar disorder before his death, his mother says.

The 2015 Community High School graduate died in a confrontation with police after he ran from a residential treatment program near the New Hampshire-Maine border.

He is survived by his parents, Patricia and Marjorie Lesko, and his brother, Bram. His funeral was Sunday, June 26, in Ann Arbor.

Lane Lesko's mother Patricia Lesko said he suffered from rapid-cycling bipolar mania and was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder when in high school.

"We were forced to watch our beautiful son be subsumed by mental illness despite our best intentions and Herculean efforts to find him the care and treatment he needed," she said.

At Community High School, Lane Lesko was involved with Youth in Government, Model UN and theater, according to his obituary. He also volunteered Delonis Center, Food Gatherers, the Leslie Science and Nature Center and Temple Beth Emeth.

In New Hampshire, Lesko climbed Speckled Mountain in Maine and rock climbed for the first time shortly before his death, Patricia Lesko said.

Lane Lesko was fatally shot after a police pursuit on Route 136 in Peterborough, New Hampshire, according to a report by the New Hampshire Union Leader.

The Summit Achievement center had reported him missing from a campsite and authorities believe he was responsible for stealing a canoe, pontoon boat and truck, the Union Leader reported.

The New Hampshire Attorney General's office is investigating his death and will release a report in the next week or two.