Author Topic: RMA 1999-2000 promo video  (Read 2166 times)

Offline LivingLife

• View Profile
RMA 1999-2000 promo video
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:22:49 AM »
I have never been to any schools like this. I have done a lot of research on the subject. I was on youtube and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jH6nOkWwnQ
wtf??? this is a little video that i archived from a road trip way back with s'son and m'fat.. just found it the other day.. some crazy propaganda here. look out for your dead homies! be careful of your surroundings watching this one. you may very well be literally rolling on the floor laughing! there's some more shots of RMA towards the end too.

had to cut it in two because youtube has a 15 minute limit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBXCf6j6nSU
wtf??? this is a little video that i archived from a road trip way back with s'son and m'fat.. just found it the other day.. some crazy propaganda here. look out for your dead homies! be careful of your surroundings watching this one. you may very well be literally rolling on the floor laughing! (or just tripping out) there's some more shots of RMA towards the end too.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I have learned to live each day as it comes, and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. It is the dark menace of the future that makes cowards of us ~Dorothea Dix

There isn\'t a single human being who hasn\'t plenty to cry over, and the trick is to make the laughs outweigh the tears ~Dorothea Dix

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: RMA 1999-2000 promo video
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 01:28:25 PM »
Quote from: "LivingLife"
I have never been to any schools like this. I have done a lot of research on the subject. I was on youtube and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jH6nOkWwnQ
wtf??? this is a little video that i archived from a road trip way back with s'son and m'fat.. just found it the other day.. some crazy propaganda here. look out for your dead homies! be careful of your surroundings watching this one. you may very well be literally rolling on the floor laughing! there's some more shots of RMA towards the end too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBXCf6j6nSU
wtf??? this is a little video that i archived from a road trip way back with s'son and m'fat.. just found it the other day.. some crazy propaganda here. look out for your dead homies! be careful of your surroundings watching this one. you may very well be literally rolling on the floor laughing! (or just tripping out) there's some more shots of RMA towards the end too.

Fwiw, they are both titled "pt2" but you've posted them in the correct order. Thanks for posting them.

One thing I find scary is the hard-eyed, shining faces eagerly raising their hands to please the teacher in the Running Springs Middle School segment. So young to be already set on this path!

For anyone that cares to know, this looks to be a CEDU-produced promo (with a copyright date of 1999 at the very end) using footage from several of the schools and which includes some student, parent, and staff interview snippets along with the obligatory "slices of life" segments. The graduation scene shown is from 1999.

At the very end, select scenes from each of the schools are shown individually in the following order (iirc): CEDU Running Springs High School, Northwest Academy, Boulder Creek Academy, Rocky Mountain Academy, CEDU Running Springs Middle School, and Ascent.

Tell me, LivingLife, what is the nature of your research?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline LivingLife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 02:20:30 PM »
I read the book “Sisters In Sanity” by Gayle Forman about 2-3 years ago. But didn’t start reading up on the subject until last year. After reading the book a second time I went to the authors’ website and read the article that was in Seventeen magazine about WWASP. After that the flood gates opened. I have ADHD a common symptom is Hyperfocus. I can research like nobody’s business.
I have learned to live each day as it comes, and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. It is the dark menace of the future that makes cowards of us ~Dorothea Dix

There isn\'t a single human being who hasn\'t plenty to cry over, and the trick is to make the laughs outweigh the tears ~Dorothea Dix

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:43:01 PM »
Quote from: "LivingLife"
I read the book “Sisters In Sanity” by Gayle Forman about 2-3 years ago. But didn’t start reading up on the subject until last year. After reading the book a second time I went to the authors’ website and read the article that was in Seventeen magazine about WWASP. After that the flood gates opened. I have ADHD a common symptom is Hyperfocus. I can research like nobody’s business.
Description of the book on Amazon: "Sisters In Sanity," by Gayle Forman:

Book Description
    Publication Date: August 28, 2007

Have you ever had the out-of-control dream? The one where you know you're not crazy, but no one around you—not your parents, not your teachers, not even the authorities—will listen to you?

For sixteen-year-old Brit Hemphill, the out-of-control dream comes true when her dad enrolls her at Red Rock, a bogus treatment center that claims to cure rebellious teen girls. At Red Rock, Brit is forced into therapy, and her only hope of getting her life back is in the hands of an underqualified staff of counselors. Brit's dad thinks Red Rock can save her, but the truth is it's doing more harm than good.

No girl could survive Red Rock alone—but at a treatment center where you earn privileges for ratting out your peers, it's hard to know who you can trust. For Brit, everything changes when she meets V, Bebe, Martha, and Cassie, four girls who keep her from going over the edge. Together they'll hold on to their sanity and their sisterhood while trying to keep their Red Rock reality from becoming a full-on nightmare.[/list][/size]
    Interestingly enough, there was once a Red Rock Ranch Academy, since closed, probably in part due to the death of 16-year-old Katherine Lank.

There is still a Red Rock Canyon School, located right in St. George, Utah, in a former hotel.

And yes, those are both WWASPS affiliated programs.
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------