Author Topic: HOW to shut Elan down  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Publisher

• View Profile
    • http://new.onepaper.com/virginvoices/
HOW to shut Elan down
« on: May 27, 2002, 11:13:00 AM »
The only way to start the process of shuting elan down is 4 steps:
 1) class action lawsuit by former Elan survivors--ACLU lawyer
 2) federal justice department complaint for civil rights abuses
3) local contact with Governor Angus King and attorney general in Maine: request state probe
4) contact the media in maine, Boston , New York

Trust me, I KNOW the sentiment is out there to shut it down...you gotta fight for it.
Regards
dan Bostdorf
Publisher
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
HOW to shut Elan down
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2002, 03:29:00 PM »
Yes, look into doing those things if you're least bit inclined. Additionally, look into attending the conference next weekend in St. Pete. We'll be establishing a formal organization to keep the pressure on in the public sector as well as to provide an educational outreach and legal and moral support for survivors.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HOW to shut Elan down
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2002, 11:15:00 AM »
American P.O.W.'s no thats to funny hahaha hehehe! Have ya ever talked to a real P.O.W. maybe you should try it sometime! hahaha cant stop laughing... get real

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HOW to shut Elan down
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2002, 11:49:00 AM »
Some people compare elan to the  concentration camps of Nazi Germany ....Like  ricci and davidson ...this should make you loose control of your bowels from laughing ....get a clue and some help

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
HOW to shut Elan down
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2002, 12:46:00 PM »
On 2002-06-02 08:15:00, Anonymous wrote:
American P.O.W.'s no thats to funny hahaha hehehe! Have ya ever talked to a real P.O.W. maybe you should try it sometime! hahaha cant stop laughing... get real

As a matter of fact, I have. When I was around 12 years old, I attended a reunion for the surviving officers and crew of the USS Carrier Enterprise with my father. I was honored to meet Mr. Eugene McDaniel. So my dad bought me a copy of his book, Before Honor. Although the Program is not quite as bad as the Hanoi Hilton in many respects, in some ways it's worse.

For example, I never imagined the possibility that I wouldn't get out alive. For Mr. McDaniel it was a pervasive part of his daily reality. But in fact, at least one boy who I knew fairly well in the Program did die as a result of injuries susteined during a days long marathon. How many more have been sent to prison and are now dying of AIDS or Hepatitus as a result of prison rape behind this unholy war?

But guests of the Hanoi Hilton had one thing that we lacked; the prospect of getting home. While Mr. McDaniels was told repeatedly by his captors that his wife was making time with the hippies, that his children didn't respect him and his country had forgotten him, he was able to keep in his mind that these were lies. We, on the other hand, were hearing it directly from our own parents every week at mic talk.

Personally, I did hang onto the prospect of escape. I knew that, one day, I'd either 7th step or come of age or just split again and not get dragged back. But a lot of my fellow POWs, who lacked the experience I had as a longtime observer of the Program and how it worked, were overwhelmed by the environment and lost hope utterly.

And I did, indeed, escape. But, unlike Mr. McDaniel, I found that what they were saying was true. My family didn't want me any more. For some months, I had not one friend, not one relative who would take me in.

I count myself unimaginably lucky that my father defected, at great personal cost, and was there for me for moral support and help when I needed it most. Plenty of my fellow POWs weren't so lucky.

But the worst part, the most demoralizing aspect of this war--and I think a lot of POWs of foreign war would agree--has been watching over the years as the enemy who tormented us have insinuated themselves into the halls of power of our beloved our homeland.

They haven't succeeded in completely overthrowing the America, although they've pretty nearly got full control of the United States. But if you think it can't happen here, we're halfway there.

By the way, who the hell are you and why won't you sign your name?

Anonymity Anonymous

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2002-06-02 09:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2002-06-02 09:55 ]

Offline Publisher

• View Profile
    • http://new.onepaper.com/virginvoices/
HOW to shut Elan down
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2002, 02:08:00 PM »
Ginger---you will find, in my opinion, (like most anonymous posters who disrupt and enjoy deflecting the truth) that this poster...or poseur...is nothing more than a paid off/ Elan Apologist that does nothing more than to disrupt/deflect/deny/verbally abuse/engage in personal attacks/rumor mongering and in general, behaves in a manner much like Enforcers from Elan or probably,in my opinion, a current Elan Staffer or layer for Eklan.

This is an orchestrated effort designed to exasperate all who wnat to expose the truth about Elan....and can't because we get bogged down in inane, mind numbing distracting crap from people who just posted and you responded to.

These people should be umemdiately banned before they disrupt everything.  Nothing more thaan a school yard bully---who needs to be pushed of the school yard.

This is not censorship--but only getting the "nut" who is crying "fire' in the theatre out of the theatre...

Dan Bostdorf

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
HOW to shut Elan down
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2002, 10:10:00 AM »
Hey Dan. :smile: Kick back, get yourself some coffee or wine (your pleasure), put your feet up and enjoy the show. We've dealt with this kind of monkey-wrenching pretty constantly over here. The trick is to really understand the slight of mind.

There's a whole lot more than money driving this. I know, I spent most of my childhood as a jr member of the Seed cult and ended my association with Straight as a pre-trainee for staff.

Yes, it's intentional. But the organization is sort of free-lance.

Here's a quote from that NYT article: "I don't think I'd be alive today if I hadn't been sent there, but I have nightmares to this day about it," said Sarah Levesque, 20, who was sent to Elan by her parents in 1996 at 14, for two years. "I wake up crying at least once a week. Elan saved my life, but I feel haunted by it."

The physical abuse that goes on in these Programs is only the tip of the iceberg; more a symptom or eventuality of what's going on than the meat of it. It's hard for anyone to really understand who hasn't had it happen to them, though we keep trying to find common points of reference because it's so important that people DO get the picture.

In a word, the Program is very, very effective! Not the least bit therapeutic, mind you, but VERY effective. Some people, all these years later, are still brainwashed. The point of breaking down the will of a client is to convince them that they are wholely and utterly worthless. Then, when they're well broken, lead them down an imagined path to redemption via working the Program. In the end, you have a sincerely grateful, utterly dedicated follower who will fight almost to the death to defend the Program. Take away the Program and they're just the worthless, hopeless wretch the psychos at Elan convinced them they were.

That unfortunate young lady, Sarah, now 20 years old, really and truely believes that Elan saved her life. Now, you and I know that, although parents lose sleep and go gray worrying about their teenaged kids, most of them survive those wild and wonderful days without being brainwashed. Even the Quakers have a word for it; can't remember offhand what it is, but it's German for something like "rampage."

Ever check and find out how much the rank-n-file staff is paid? I know Joe Ricci made millions, as did his partners and a few high ranking staff. But generally the clients who go on to staff survive on near minimum wage stipends.

No need to ban anyone over here. We'll just keep telling the truth. They hate when that happens. But a good many who were initially very hostile (like our anonymous friend here) have hung around and come out from under the ether since then. Kinda makes it all worthwhile.

Ginger Warbis ~ Antigen

American P.O.W. 10/80 - 10/82

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)

Anonymity Anonymous
[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2002-06-03 08:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2002-06-03 08:12 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HOW to shut Elan down
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2002, 07:03:00 PM »
But we have to get all Elan Holocaust survivors involved to get results.
That is the only way.
So we can have tons of people to testify in court as to what goes on there even to this day.