Author Topic: Help this father before Dr. Phil offers his "help".  (Read 5456 times)

Offline woodbury reports

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 12:37:20 PM »
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:51:57 AM by woodbury reports »

Offline cindiford79

• View Profile
    • http://www.rescueyouth.com
Re: Help this father before Dr. Phil offers his "help".
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 07:53:48 PM »
I read a lot of complaining about the problems on this forum but no one seems to say much about solutions. So what are parents supposed to do if they have a teen who is killing themselves by drinking and doing drugs, or who is abusing their families or others. Those teens that are really a danger to themselves and others? It seems just as irresponsible for the parents to do nothing. Are you saying that having the kid put into the legal system because their parent has done nothing to stop the behavior before it has escalated is a better solution. I sense the appalled gasps for my site and its content but I don't hear any useful information. I hear a lot about what parents shouldn't do for sure. Do you have children? Or is this a forum filled with angry young adults who feel they were wronged as children? I don't feel anyone should be abused, I am appalled by the stories I have read here but I think there needs to be some actual realistic solutions along with your horror stories and warnings.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 12:58:11 AM »
Quote from: "cindiford79"
I read a lot of complaining about the problems on this forum but no one seems to say much about solutions. So what are parents supposed to do if they have a teen who is killing themselves by drinking and doing drugs, or who is abusing their families or others. Those teens that are really a danger to themselves and others? It seems just as irresponsible for the parents to do nothing. Are you saying that having the kid put into the legal system because their parent has done nothing to stop the behavior before it has escalated is a better solution. I sense the appalled gasps for my site and its content but I don't hear any useful information. I hear a lot about what parents shouldn't do for sure. Do you have children? Or is this a forum filled with angry young adults who feel they were wronged as children? I don't feel anyone should be abused, I am appalled by the stories I have read here but I think there needs to be some actual realistic solutions along with your horror stories and warnings.
Well... the banner at the top of probably every page on this forum currently reads, "An open discussion about the troubled parent industry." It used to read, "An open discussion about the troubled teen industry." Either way, I see no language re. "useful information" or there "need[ing] to be some actual realistic solutions," nor even language referencing the "horror stories and warnings" admittedly prolific here.

Which is to say, pretty much anyone and everyone can post their opinion, well versed or otherwise, on pretty much anything in some way related to, be it obvious or obscure, said subject. As well as pertaining to many another subject. For more clarification see the fornits FAQ and also the thread:

Incidentally, with regard to your query, "is this a forum filled with angry young adults who feel they were wronged as children?" ...I take it that you haven't read too extensively here. It ya had, you would know that folks ranging in age from their early/mid teens to their 60s and possibly older do post and have posted here in the past.

While I hear and can appreciate the personal moral outrage you clearly do feel with regard to "solutions" applicable to the alleged "problem" of our so-called wayward youth, I tend to think that directed focus to said goals is beyond the scope of, not to mention the philosophical underpinnings of, the founding principles of this forum.

Please feel free to question the veracity, let alone temerity, of my admittedly quite possibly uninformed presumptions.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline cmack

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 02:02:08 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"

Please feel free to question the veracity, let alone temerity, of my admittedly quite possibly uninformed presumptions.

I need a dictionary to keep up. :)

Offline maruska

• View Profile

Offline cmack

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »
Found Safe

http://crimeseekers.net/forums/showthre ... #post24504

http://crimeseekers.net/forums/showthre ... #post24504

LOCATED SAFE ON 1/3/2012 - Haley Faith Wilson's father received a call from the Carlsbad Police Department in California to inform him Haley was pulled over and he got to talk to her. Ray is flying out to see his daughter immediately. I don't know any other details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiCTh54VMPk