Author Topic: Former Cross Creek detrainee dies  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Former Cross Creek detrainee dies
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:45:28 PM »
Leslie Carter - singer and sister of some others singers died January 31. According to a thread at antiwwasp.us she was sent to cross creek in La Verkin years back.

RIP

Link: Wikipedia's entry on her
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: antiwwasp.us thread "Farrah Fawcett's kid..."
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 05:28:08 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
According to a thread at antiwwasp.us she was sent to cross creek in La Verkin years back.
I believe the name of that thread is Farrah Fawcett's kid.... Here are some posts relevant to placing Leslie Carter at Cross Creek:

05-10-2008 #3 · Miss MillA
      i remember when i was there a famous persons kid was there too but i havent a clue who it was or anything... weird
    05-11-2008 #4 · ladilucix
        Miss MillA wrote:
        i remember when i was there a famous persons kid was there too but i havent a clue who it was or anything... weird[/list][/size]I remember hearing something about one of the carter kids (nick carter from backstreet fag boys) being in a program... like one of the daughters

I heard she wasnt there for very long. what is it about celeb kids getting the special treatment all through life and we had to go through this shit for years!

fuck them.[/list]
        05-13-2008 #5 · Miss MillA
          that sounds familiar to me chels... hum...
        05-13-2008 #6 · raerae
            ladilucix wrote:
            I remember hearing something about one of the carter kids (nick carter from backstreet fag boys) being in a program... like one of the daughters

I heard she wasnt there for very long. what is it about celeb kids getting the special treatment all through life and we had to go through this shit for years!

fuck them.[/list][/size]I was at Cross Creek when Leslie Carter went there. She wasn't there very long[/list][/list]
            -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
            Leslie Carter, Aaron and Nick Carter's sister, dies at 25
            « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 05:40:42 PM »
            CBS News
            Leslie Carter, Aaron and Nick Carter's sister, dies at 25

February 1, 2012 9:14 AM
            By Lauren Moraski

From left, Angel Carter, Leslie Carter, Aaron Carter and Bobbie Jean Carter arrive at the Reality Remix Really Awards on Oct. 24, 2006, in Los Angeles. (Credit: Getty)

(CBS) Nick and Aaron Carter's sister, Leslie Carter, died on Tuesday, a publicist confirms to CBSNews.com. She was 25.

"Our family is grieving right now and it's a private matter. We are deeply saddened for the loss of our beloved sister, daughter, and granddaughter, Leslie Carter," the Carter family said in a statement. "We request the utmost privacy during this difficult time."

She died in upstate New York, reports say. No further details were given about the cause of death.

Leslie married her husband, Mike, in 2008 and gave birth to their daughter, Alyssa Jane Ashton, in April 2011, according to reports.

She had a single on the 2001 "Shrek" soundtrack. The Carter family, including Leslie, starred in their own reality show on E! in 2006.

CBSNews.com spoke with Aaron Carter just last week about his latest role in the off-Broadway show, "The Fantasticks."

Copyright © 2012 CBS Interactive Inc.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
            Leslie Carter, sister of singers Nick and Aaron Carter, dead
            « Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »
            New York Daily News
            Leslie Carter, sister of singers Nick and Aaron Carter, dead at 25

Leslie Carter, who sang on 'Shrek' soundtrack, died in upstate New York

By Joyce Chen / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
            Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 10:52 AM

Leslie Carter (l.), with brother Aaron Carter, died Tuesday in upstate New York. Michael Tran/FilmMagic

Tragedy has struck the Carter clan.

Leslie Carter, sister of Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter and singer Aaron Carter, died Tuesday in upstate New York. She was 25.

"Our family is grieving right now and it's a private matter," a spokesperson for the family said in a statement to the Daily News. "We are deeply saddened for the loss of our beloved sister, daughter and granddaughter, Leslie Carter.

"We request the utmost privacy during this difficult time."

The cause of death has not yet been revealed.

Carter, like her brothers, was a singer who had reportedly signed a deal with DreamWorks Records in 1999, but never released an album.

Her single "Like Wow!" was included on the soundtrack for "Shrek" in 2001.

The aspiring singer also appeared in the family's 2006 reality show, "House of Carters," with her four siblings.

Carter is survived by her husband, Mike Ashton, and a daughter, Alyssa Jane Ashton.

[email protected]

© Copyright 2012 NYDailyNews.com.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
            Comments: "Leslie Carter, sister of singers Nick and Aaron..
            « Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 09:48:57 PM »
            Comments left for the above article, "Leslie Carter, sister of singers Nick and Aaron Carter, dead at 25" (by Joyce Chen; February 1, 2012; New York Daily News), #s 1-20:

broadwaydave · 12:52 PM Feb 1, 2012
              how sad hail mary full of grace pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our death
            Ezekiel12 · 12:55 PM Feb 1, 2012
              What a shame. She was so young. Rest in peace, Leslie.
            Black n fed up! · 03:09 PM Feb 1, 2012
              No details on death, obvious she wasnt sick....stinking junkie...I know I am harsh, but drug addicts get no sympathy from me
            martinjsxx · 04:19 PM Feb 1, 2012
              Black N Fed Up - I guess you have never had a loved one who was an addict. May she rest in peace.
            Springbokfan · 04:34 PM Feb 1, 2012
              Heroin was it?
            Belladonnaa · 04:43 PM Feb 1, 2012
              So young... sad.
            JaneDoe88 · 05:16 PM Feb 1, 2012
              She looks like a drug addict.
            voice_of_reason718 · 05:39 PM Feb 1, 2012
              If she wasnt in a car accident, has not been sick, it is most likely drugs....... On another note, i hope DN puts a story when i pass, im probably just as famous if not a little more then her
            Night Fury · 06:17 PM Feb 1, 2012
              What a shame, she had a young daughter. I feel for the little girl.
            maninthemiddle · 06:25 PM Feb 1, 2012
              Who are these people?
            Kathie Abbott · 06:54 PM Feb 1, 2012
              will be praying for the family sorry for there lose I have this saying if you do not have any thing nice to say then do not say any thing at all, Show some respect just saying...
            East-Bay-Ray · 08:24 PM Feb 1, 2012
              She'll be missed. Not.
            PeteRamirez · 09:55 PM Feb 1, 2012
              Dying young is not the way to go, if you're in good health.
            Anacondoman · 10:10 PM Feb 1, 2012
              She doesn't look like any addict I've ever seen. Those do not look like the eyes of someone on drugs, so I would not have lept blindly to that conclusion. It could have been a heart attack, an aneurism, food poisoning, or a hundred other things. Nowhere does it say that her death was sudden or even unexpected ... just that it was tragic. Any time a 25 year old dies it's tragic.
            TLCcoupons · 06:21 AM Feb 2, 2012
              My condolences to the Carter family, she had a 10-month old baby, this is sad.
            Malrulez · 06:30 AM Feb 2, 2012
              Drugs are the scourge of humanity. Beautiful girl like this ends up dead at such a young age for basically no good reason at all. RIP..
            broadwaydave · 07:59 AM Feb 2, 2012
              blessed are those that mourn for they shall be comforted hail mary full of grace pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our death
            JaneDoe88 · 08:54 AM Feb 2, 2012
              Well of course I don't know if she's really an addict, but some addicts just have that look. And she has it. In fact, I just realized she could pass for Lindsay Lohan, who just happens to be an addict too. All anecdotal on my part, but that's just my gut giving that opinion. Just my opinion.
            samy_lukey · 11:09 AM Feb 2, 2012
              Shame on all you idiots who posted regarding this girl being an addict and not having any sympathy for her. May your life lead you into a life of addiction; perhaps then you will find out what it is all about. Besides, you are jumping to conclusions about how she died. Now go comment on something you can relate to like something about shallow people like the Kardashians....
            stllovingmom · 02:44 PM Feb 2, 2012
              The video said they're waiting for the autopsy report to determine "time of death". If she was married with a baby, wouldn't she be with people all the time, especially her child? Was she away on vacation? Very odd.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
            Comments: "Leslie Carter, sister of singers Nick and Aaron..
            « Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
            Comments left for the above article, "Leslie Carter, sister of singers Nick and Aaron Carter, dead at 25" (by Joyce Chen; February 1, 2012; New York Daily News), #s 21-22:

stllovingmom · 02:46 PM Feb 2, 2012
              Another report says that she died from a drug overdose.
            JaneDoe88 · 04:39 PM Feb 2, 2012
              Always trust your gut.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
            Backstreet Boys star Nick and brother Aaron Carter in mourni
            « Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 03:31:06 PM »
            Lots of pics from the Daily Mail... also some video clips at the below title link:

The Daily Mail
            Backstreet Boys star Nick and brother Aaron Carter in mourning after shock death of sister Leslie aged 25

• Aaron takes leave from off-Broadway production
            • Nick dedicates upcoming tour to sister's memory

By Sarah Fitzmaurice
            Last updated at 7:03 PM on 1st February 2012

The sister of Backstreet Boys star Nick and singer Aaron Carter died yesterday at the age of 25.

Leslie passed away in Upstate New York but few details have been released about how she died.

Like her brothers Leslie was also a singer and she leaves behind husband Mike Ashton and their 10-month-old daughter Alyssa Jane.

‘We are deeply saddened for the loss of our beloved sister, daughter, and granddaughter Leslie Carter,’ the family told Access Hollywood in a statement.

Tragic loss: Leslie Carter, seen here in 2006, died yesterday at the age of 25

'Our family is grieving right now and it's a private matter.'

Today her brother Aarron appeared to take over her open Facebook account, posting a message that read: 'Hey this is aaron we are going to keep her facebook up..! i will add ppl so we keep leslie alive! we love les.'

In another section of her profile page, he wrote: 'RIP MY DEAREST SISTER....! I LOVE U AND YOU THE ONE THAT ALWAYS ROCKS. LOVE AARON UR LIL BRO U CALL LL AC.'

Nick Carter's publicist Jack Ketsoyan told MailOnline: 'Nick is thankful to the many people and the fans who have shared their wishes and prayers during this tragic time. We want to let the fans know the tour will go on as promised.'

Tragic loss: Leslie Carter, seen far right, has passed away at the age of 25. She is seen with her siblings from left to right, Aaron, Angel, Bobbie and Nick

Tribute: Aaron's took over his late sister's Facebook account today and posted this on her profile

Nick said: 'Performing is cathartic to me and I am dedicating the rest of my tour to my sister since she loved to watch me perform.'

Leslie embarked on a music career in the 1990s at the time her brother Nick was making hits with his band The Backstreet Boys.

In 1999 Leslie, who also played the piano and clarinet, signed a deal with Dreamworks Records but an album was never released.

Her single Like Wow appeared on the film Shrek, but only reached number 99 on the Billboard charts and label are said to have thought she wouldn't be able to compete with the likes of Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.

As well as Nick, Aaron, Leslie also has two sisters, Bobbie, who is the eldest of the brood and Aaron's twin Angel.

In happier times: The family starred in their own reality TV show House of Carters in 2006

Their parents are Jane Elizabeth and Robert Gene Carter, who divorced in 2003, Robert, who has another daughter from a previous marriage went on to marry Ginger Elrod in 2004.

Robert and Ginger, who also has a child from a previous relationship, had a son Kaden in 2005.

The family starred in their own reality show in 2006 called House of Carters, but the show only last for one series.

Parents: Leslie's mother Jane and father Bob Carter in 2001

Leslie's younger brother Aaron found fame in the 1990s as a tween pop singer but he has had his fair share of problems.

In 2006 Araon proposed to Playboy model Kari Ann Peniche, but broke off the relationship shortly after.

On February 21, 2008, Aaron was arrested in Texas, when he was pulled over for speeding, and authorities found less than two ounces of marijuana in his car.

Last year the singer, who has dated Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff, checked into rehab after his manager stated he needed 'to heal some emotional and spiritual issues he was dealing with.'

Backstreet Boys singer Nick has also had run ins with the law and has been arrested twice.

The singer, who used to date Paris Hilton, was arrested in 2002 after getting involved in a fight in a nightclub and in 2005 he was arrested in Huntington Beach, California for drink driving.

Nick has also spoken out with his rocky road to recovery after a 10-year battle with drink and drugs in the past.

'I would make excuses to just go out to drink and party,' told Ellen DeGeneres in 2009. 'It was excessive ... Alcohol kind of kicked it off and then once the alcohol wasn't doing it for me I would lean on other things.'

He decided to get sober after he was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, a weakening of the heart muscle, in 2008.

He recently teamed up with his former bandmates for a Backstreet Boys reunion tour with New Kids On The Block.

Heartthrobs: Nick, seen centre, was part of The Backstreet Boys

© Associated Newspapers Ltd

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
            Comments: "Backstreet Boys star Nick and brother Aaron Carte
            « Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 03:38:33 PM »
            Comments left for the above article, "Backstreet Boys star Nick and brother Aaron Carter in mourning after shock death of sister Leslie aged 25" (by Sarah Fitzmaurice, 1st February 2012, Daily Mail), #s 1-20:

- Sam, London, 1/2/2012 10:18
              My heart goes out to the family.
            - Lauren, N.I., 1/2/2012 10:38
              So so so shocked at this! I love this family! They have been through so much and this is a terrible thing to happen. God bless the Carter family and Leslies daughter and husband! RIP Leslie
            - Clare, London, 1/2/2012 10:39
              That's so sad, R.I.P. Leslie, to the rest of the Carters, our thoughts are with you.
            - tammie, London, 1/2/2012 10:48
              Our thoughts are with the family at this sad time..
            - kaz - ex body builder, rugeley, 1/2/2012 10:50
              XX
            - Lacey, Oregon,USA, 01/2/2012 10:50
              My condolances go out to the Carters, her husband and especially her baby daughter. So sad to lose a mother at such a young age. I'm sure she will grow up with love support from her father and aunts and uncles.
            - aaida4life, Snickers, 01/2/2012 11:00
              No one should ever die so young.
            - me & lyon , here, 01/2/2012 11:06
              R.I.P x
            - Shazabella, Northern Ireland, 01/2/2012 11:15
              So tragic this girl is the same age as myself just shows you that you can't take life for granted. Live life to the fullest each and everyday my thoughts are with the entire Carter family, Leslie's husband and their little girl. RIP Leslie xoxo
            - STEELER GIRL, Toronto, 01/2/2012 11:15
              So sad. She's so young. RIP
            - Laura, London, 01/2/2012 11:15
              I actually had her 'Like Wow' single! R.I.P! :(
            - hello reality!!, ENGLAND!, 01/2/2012 11:24
              RIP Leslie, thoughts are with the her daughter and family.
            - Bell, Dublin, 01/2/2012 11:28
              Aw how terrible with such a young child, i really feel sorry for their family, and hope the press respect their privacy at this hard time!
            - Northern Girl, UP NORTH, 01/2/2012 11:29
              This is so incredibly sad, as a Backstreet Boys fan since 1995 I knew how much of a hard time she was having and she was finally beginning to find inner peace within herself, or so it seemed from reports, etc. The family became a lot closer over recent years, after years of struggling to find happiness. I think the majority of fans understood how unhappy certain members of the Carter family were (a lot of problems stemming from the success of some family members) and we wished them nothing but the best in their quest for happiness. Sadly, that happiness was short lived for Leslie. I send my prayers not only to the immediate Carter family, but Leslie's husband and child as well. This is ever so tragic!
            - T Dawg, London, England, 01/2/2012 11:29
              i remember watching the reality show 5 years ago thinking to myself 'shes on something', she had a fiery temper as well. i say that based on the few 20min episodes of their reality show of course, i didnt actually know her.
            - Opinionated , UK, 01/2/2012 12:27
              So dreadfully sad, such a pretty girl and so young. R.I.P.
            - Ali, Faversham, Kent, 01/2/2012 12:37
              How sad, as a Backstreet Boys fan I am really saddened by this news. Watching the show years ago she was a little fiery and troubled but now with a husband and child left behind it's even all the more sadder. Thoughts are with the Carters; 25 is no age at all. RIP Leslie.
            - Miss Kitty, West Midlands, UK, 01/2/2012 13:13
              What a tragedy. Thoughts and prayers to her family x
            - Hoohaa, London, 1/2/2012 13:32
              Presumably she was checked and monitored for cardiomyopathy? A stealthy killer of young people. RIP
            - Genevieve, Lancashire, 1/2/2012 13:53
              Very sad for all the family.....especially her husband and baby. R.I.P. Leslie x

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
            Comments: "Backstreet Boys star Nick and brother Aaron Carte
            « Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 04:49:48 PM »
            Comments left for the above article, "Backstreet Boys star Nick and brother Aaron Carter in mourning after shock death of sister Leslie aged 25" (by Sarah Fitzmaurice, 1st February 2012, Daily Mail), #s 21-39:

- bernie, romford,essex, 1/2/2012 14:07
              If she was not the sister of some one famous, would we know????
            - Jenna, Surrey, 1/2/2012 14:21
              How sad, I used to love the backstreet boys and remember the carter brothers mentioning their sister in their album credits. Love to the family at this difficult time.
            - Loula, Boston, 1/2/2012 14:38
              My heart goes out to the family. Howie D, another Backstreet Boys member, also lost his sister at a young age. So tragic!
            - kate, london, 1/2/2012 14:54
              so so incredibly sad! my condolences to her family, its unbelievable how young she is, this family have been in the public eye for so long its so hard to believe she's only 25, and aaron even younger!
            - Mrs England , Wales, 1/2/2012 15:15
              Oh my that is awful. Loveto all the family.
            - Lexi B , Essex, 1/2/2012 15:16
              How incredibly sad. Awful news. Thoughts to family, friends and fans xx
            - charlotte, leeds, 1/2/2012 15:19
              Heartbreaking.
            - Katie, Lambeth, 1/2/2012 15:28
              My heart goes out to the Carter family, plus her husband and child. Leslie was loved and will be missed.
            - Sarah, Portsmouth, 1/2/2012 15:32
              That's just so sad. My thoughts are with her family & friends x
            - TLM, London, 1/2/2012 15:41
              Very sad and to leave a young baby, What a beautiful family - all of them so lovely looking.
            - Louise, UK, 1/2/2012 15:58
              So sad :( R.I.P. xx
            - deeboo, Sheffield, 1/2/2012 16:37
              My husband lost his sister suddenly at 24 it breaks you down and you wonder how you carry on but together with support they will make it hopefully the families problems are now in the past and they can help each other to get through it
            - corina, London, 1/2/2012 16:38
              So sad RIP x
            - al, glasgow, 1/2/2012 16:40
              What a shame, The poor family, her poor little daughter. I wonder if it was an undiagnosed heart condition? Those often run in families, though I would think they would have spotted it when she was pregnant.
            - jess, somewhere over the rainbow, 1/2/2012 16:57
              So sad, thoughts and prayers are with her husband and daughter.
            - Rafa's babe , Scotland , 1/2/2012 17:04
              How sad she was taken too soon RIP Leslie
            - embrace, Edinburgh, 1/2/2012 17:34
              Why cry for a soul set free . Miss her but let her go .
            - teddy farthing, uk, 1/2/2012 18:48
              Tragic shame. I don't know how you carry on.
            - missy, melbourne, australia, 1/2/2012 20:04
              This is so sad. I got chills up and down my spine when I saw this headline, still having them, actually. She was one of my favourites on the reality show and she seemed like she (and most of them, really) had some serious demons to deal with. All the more sadder that she leaves behind a husband and baby!!! My heart breaks. Rest in peace, Les :(