Author Topic: Sunrise Spring Meadows Residential Facilty Mt. Washington KY  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Reddit TroubledTeens

• View Profile
    • http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteens
Sunrise Spring Meadows Residential Facilty Mt. Washington KY
« on: December 23, 2011, 01:01:00 AM »
Counselor accused of sex with teen in her care enters plea

Source: http://www.wave3.com/story/16356564/dep ... and-sodomy

SHEPHERDSVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A counselor pleaded not guilty to charges of rape and sodomy on Tuesday after deputies say she had sex with a teen in her care.

Bullitt County deputies arrested Brooke Briscoe, 27, Monday morning.

Briscoe worked at Sunrise Spring Meadows Residential Facility, a group home that helps troubled teens. Investigators said she had sex with the teen at the facility.

Deputies launched the investigation after Child Protective Services discovered Briscoe allegedly had sexual contact with a 17-year-old male on November 11. Briscoe is charged with rape in the 3rd degree and sodomy in the 3rd degree.

"Sixteen is the legal consensual age in the State of Kentucky. However, even though he's of consent the problem is it's rape in the 3rd degree because someone is in a caretaker role with him. She was a counselor for him," said Det. Scott McGaha, Bullitt County Sheriff's Office.

"Unfortunately, it does occur. We see it quite often and she has been charged with that. It's just unfortunate that it happens," McGaha said.

Sunrise, a faith based non-profit, is located in Mt. Washington, KY. It's mission is "to care for Kentucky children who've been abused or neglected."

Sunrise released a statement.  Here's a portion:

"We are conducting an internal investigation and are reviewing our policies and procedures to determine if there is anything we need to change to avoid a situation like this in the future."

Briscoe was placed on administrative leave once authorities launched an investigation. Sunrise terminated her employment Monday.

Copyright 2011 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Sign In or Sign Up for an account.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:18:26 AM by Reddit TroubledTeens »

• View Profile
Re: Sunrise Spring Meadows Residential Facilty Mt. Washingto
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 01:03:25 AM »
Comments:

Deborah
14 hours ago
0 updown
Share | Flag
Can't get someone your own age huh???
Zenkai
15 hours ago
0 updown
Share | Flag
@sj it probably wouldn't be considered **** either.
sj6606
2 days ago
+4 updown
Share | Flag
kentuckywoman2, since everyone except you is confused on the definition, why don't you give a demonstration? Maybe on a dog?
tina
2 days ago
+4 updown
Share | Flag
@kentuckywoman2...Did you not understand that she is a counselor, and this young man was in a center for "abused and neglected" children? Children that end up in these types of centers are very vulnerable. I have to wonder if your opinion would be the same if this was your vulnerable son, or your daughter.
Kevin
2 days ago
+3 updown
Share | Flag
I should have said "includes" instead of "is".
Kevin
2 days ago
+5 updown
Share | Flag
@ kentuckywoman2..... your need to re-read the legal deffinition of sodomy. Sodomy is oral/genital or oral/**** CONTACT or penetration.
Zenkai
2 days ago
+2 updown
Share | Flag
So Teachers should be allowed to bed their students as long as they are 17 or older according to Brandon.
Brandon
2 days ago
0 updown
Share | Flag
17 isn't a kid. At that age you're old enough to die for your country...
kentuckywoman2
3 days ago
-4 updown
Share | Flag
@Robert - yes, it can, but only when penetration occurs, as with the tongue. Therefore, **** fits the legal definition but not ****, so I'm guessing the sodomy charge won't hold up - at least, it shouldn't. As far as age goes, 17 is no child. When I was 23, I was pursued and ardently seduced by a 17 yr old, so I guess I'm guilty, too. Bah humbug. Anybody 16 and over should be able to give consent. But that's not the problem, here. The problem is that the woman was engaged in a professional relationship with the guy. Personally, I think that's grounds for dismissal but if he consented or pursued her, screw the rest of it - no pun intended. Obviously, she's not a professional, but I doubt she has a professional degree or has been adequately trained in professional ethics, either. The facility bears responsibility here, as well. Sodomy? No. Rape? No. Stupid? Yes.
muhMFFone
3 days ago
+3 updown
Share | Flag
she's got the look of sodomy in her eyes <*shiver*>
Skankmicia
3 days ago
+2 updown
Share | Flag
She will have a new girl/man in jail..............
excop1
3 days ago
0 updown
Share | Flag
As ugly as she is, it could not have been consentual. Even troubled teens can't be that desparate. Throw the book at her.
Zenkai
3 days ago
+3 updown
Share | Flag
What a loser, can't get a man her own age
Realist
3 days ago
-1 updown
Share | Flag
Hope he was wearing protection. Yikes!
Robert
3 days ago
+6 updown
Share | Flag
@Jeremy. Sodomy can be in the form of oral sex also.
Skankmicia
3 days ago
+1 updown
Share | Flag
Dang with that troll face.............she would have to jump on them and hold them down............DOG skank.
Donna
3 days ago
+7 updown
Share | Flag
People are just sick. Leave the kids alone. Hands off. Be responsible. Hope she doesn't get out of jail anytime soon.
Jeremy
3 days ago
+4 updown
Share | Flag
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cum guzzler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 01:06:09 AM »
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:47:50 AM by cum guzzler »

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 01:21:02 AM »
LOL, added it to the beginning of my post. Thanks for the reminder, an oversight on my part!

Here ya go.... http://www.wave3.com/story/16356564/dep ... and-sodomy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 01:32:47 AM »
And my name is Pixie, btw.