Author Topic: What Are You Looking At?  (Read 13897 times)

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
Re: What Are You Looking At?
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2011, 11:11:42 PM »
Quote from: "Wayne Kernochan"
Who were the first with degrees that beat kids with the blessing of the state?  Who in the government made this possible, and how?

Did they pass a law?

Was it legal at all?

If not, how could it be legal now?
There was various laws that passed that allowed for institutionalised children to be beaten and were later revoked.  The strap in Alberta public schools was outlawed in the 80s, to give you an idea.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2011, 11:12:05 PM »
I read somewhere that the governor of California changed a law which made it legal for people who have been through a program to work in TCs. I assume it was just for raps, not beatings. How did that change?

Who changed it?

How can I find out?

Bump.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2011, 11:20:47 PM »
Anybody ever get beaten in public school? (that's how old I am. The seed did it a little different. They did it behind closed doors,not in front of the group. They would even have hparents come in and smack their kids around in the office.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2011, 11:34:21 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Anybody ever get beaten in public school? (that's how old I am. The seed did it a little different. They did it behind closed doors,not in front of the group. They would even have hparents come in and smack their kids around in the office.

I only got locked in tiny rooms.  I feel so left out!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2011, 11:37:14 PM »
I've heard that Joe Gauld conducted a public paddling at Hyde School. This seems to have been mostly for humiliation purposes. I did not witness this, but Joe has bragged about it in the past. From an old Time magazine article, "School of Hard Knocks," emphasis added:

...life at the small (enrollment: 175) coed boarding school is almost as rigorous as that of a Marine boot camp. Many of the students are troubled, and
short-tempered Gauld treats them like a drill instructor faced with a platoon of left-footed recruits. He occasionally slaps and routinely humiliates the kids—with their parents' tacit consent—in a no-holds-barred effort to toughen them up and build their characters. "The rod is only wrong in the wrong hands," Gauld likes to say. When he finds that a student has what he considers a "bad attitude," Gauld may order him to wear a sign saying I ACT LIKE A BABY, or tell him to dig a 6-ft. by 6-ft. trench and then fill it up. He has even conducted a public paddling ceremony at Hyde.[/list][/size]
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2011, 08:14:35 AM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:06:51 PM by Anonymous »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2011, 10:17:06 AM »
You guys are debating semantics.Those old programs were not controlled experiment.But they were experimental in as much as they didn't know what the hell they were doing.

:cheers:

This is a fact!!!!

We give these programs and their owners way to much credit. If the military was interested in Synanon or any other program it was for their purposes and they would not be sharing their conclusions.
So we speculate, which in and of itself is interesting but lets call it what it is.
Wayne brings up the most interesting question I had heard in months. Who the hell gave Elan permission to have a ring, spankings, haircuts (screaming at another), GM's. Every state and many parents knew.
I can only speak during the 70's on this. Please don't don't let state of Illinois, R.I or New York fool you by their actions. They knew exactly what was going on. Marvin Schwartz (Ill.) played a big part in comforting parents that Elan was a great place during the fiasco in 1975. The powers to be wanted to save their asses.
There is a large population of legislators both state and federal who believe the abuse that goes on in these programs is justified. Much has not changed IMO in 40 years with this sentiment.
Exposer is the only way. The politicians in Maine who approved this abuse need to be named publicly and so on with every state.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2011, 12:31:06 PM »
[quote="Xelebes"
I only got locked in tiny rooms.  I feel so left out![/quote]

Your persistence, lack of familiarity with the facts, counterintuitive speculation, and demonstrably incorrect assertions made it seem like you had a disinfo agenda, but it is clear now that you just want someone to pay attention to you.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:06:31 PM by Anonymous »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2011, 08:43:33 PM »
Did our parents sign off on the corporal punishment? I can see how they would. It wasn't as frowned upon at the time

They spanked us with a paddle in Catholic school. The priests beat us with belts. It was pretty common to have outsiders do it to your kids then

Experiments or not, I want to know what happened. I think we all deserve that. I may never find the truth but I'm not going to stop looking

Being a State kid from Rhode Island I can only assume that they signed off on it, if by idle complicity at the very least.  My parents knew and they were
for it. They signed me over with no conditions.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.