Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > CALO - Change Academy at Lake of the Ozarks

CALO has been sold!!?

(1/4) > >>

Ursus:
Originally posted in another thread:

--- Quote from: "uncle bob" ---CALO has been sold!!!!  And I bet Ken Huey just loves that his new owner has an office right next to him!!!!  Why did proficio sell a thriving business... you gotta ask???  So Ken how does it feel that the people under you are constatnly reporting your moves to the outside???  Are you still sending false bills to the local school district and stealing money from students???  I heard your quasi acad director put an end to that!  Do you still pretend CALO is broke so local business give you discounts??? My source says you are bringing in $500,000 gross a month... what a waste.  God has a "special hell" waiting for people like you- you better enjoy your riches now- you will always have money ken, but never wealth.
--- End quote ---
Wow. Does anyone have any more details 'bout this?

Pile of Dead Kids:
Confirmed.

Who exactly is this Alex Stavros, and does he quite know what he's gotten himself into?

Pile of Dead Kids:
Oh man. This is great stuff if you know how to read between the lines.

Here's Alex Stavros. Extremely good odds it's the same guy. Here's proof that he just graduated from Stanford.

So, this new graduate from Stanford comes out feeling like a million bucks, gets someone to loan him more than that much, and promptly blows it on the worst investment he could possibly make short of betting on professional wrestling.

Then, if you read the later CALO blog posts, you can tell that upper management is either jumping ship or he's throwing them out to replace them with his friends. You can bet your left nut Ken hates this fucker with a passion.

I find it absolutely hilarious that some dipshit with an MBA and no clues is doing what Proxied never could.

Ursus:

--- Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids" ---Confirmed.

Who exactly is this Alex Stavros, and does he quite know what he's gotten himself into?
--- End quote ---
Here's that CALO blog post, for posterity's sake...

Incidentally, the former "majority partner," just in case it isn't clear, is/was Proficio. See also fornits thread of same name: Proficio

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

CALO Blog
Exciting Changes
November 3, 2011 00:17 by Ken

Dear CALO Parents, Guardians, and Friends,

I am writing to you today to inform you about some exciting developments at CALO.

Many of you know that Landon, Nicole, Rob, and I have a minority ownership stake in CALO. Our majority partner has always been largely silent and lets us run the business as we see fit. They provided some back-office support for us in billing and IT systems over the years and otherwise stayed largely in the background. There has been much to recommend such an arrangement given the autonomy we have enjoyed, with support as needed. We have always known that at some point our partner would like to sell their ownership and that time has come. The really great news is they have let Landon, Nicole, Rob and I be a vocal part of that process and together we have found what we believe is the perfect partner for CALO’s future. The name of our new investment and operating partner is Lia Capital. Lia Capital is headed by Alex Stavros. Alex has an MBA from Stanford that will provide us with tremendous in-house talent relative to business growth and financial stability. He also has the right heart and life experience to be part of our mission. Alex has moved to the lake and will work at CALO with oversight in many areas. He, Landon, Nicole, Rob, and I will be the guiding force behind growth and innovation at CALO. He will be impossible to miss if you come to our campus. Please say hello and give him a warm welcome. As you can tell, we are very excited about our future with Alex and grateful to have him on our team.

Warmest wishes as the holidays draw near,                                                                                      

Ken

Tags: change, owners, growth, business development

Ursus:
A slightly expanded (and better formatted) version of that blog post appeared as a Breaking News piece on StrugglingTeens.com:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Breaking News
Nov 14, 2011, 14:11

Change Academy Lake of the Ozarks
Lake Ozark, MO

Alex Stavros Of Lia Capital Is New Partner At CALO

Ken Huey, PhD, CEO
Founder
866-459-1364
http://www.caloteens.com

November 11, 2011

(A letter from CEO and founder of CALO, Ken Huey):

Dear CALO Parents, Guardians, and Friends,

I am writing to you today to inform you about some exciting developments at CALO.

Many of you know that Landon Kirk, MSW, LCSW, Clinical Director/COO/ co-founder, Nicole Fuglsang, MA, LPC, NCC, Director of Public Relations and Business Development/co-founder, Rob Gent, MA, LPC, Assistant Clinical Director and I have a minority ownership stake in CALO.

Our majority partner has always been largely silent and lets us run the business as we saw fit. They provided some back-office support for us in billing and IT systems over the years and otherwise stayed largely in the background. There has been much to recommend such an arrangement given the autonomy we have enjoyed, with support as needed. We have always known that at some point our partner would like to sell their ownership and that time has come.

The really great news is they have let Landon, Nicole, Rob and I be a vocal part of that process and together we have found what we believe is the perfect partner for CALO's future.

The name of our new investment and operating partner is Lia Capital. Lia Capital is headed by Alex Stavros. Alex has an MBA from Stanford that will provide us with tremendous in-house talent relative to business growth and financial stability. He also has the right heart and life experience to be part of our mission. Alex has moved to the lake and will work at CALO with oversight in many areas. He, Landon, Nicole, Rob, and I will be the guiding force behind growth and innovation at CALO. He will be impossible to miss if you come to our campus. Please say hello and give him a warm welcome. As you can tell, we are very excited about our future with Alex and grateful to have him on our team.

CALO is a co-ed, residential treatment center for teens struggling with issues of trauma and attachment. They work within their beautiful environment and are widely known for using Golden Retrievers to teach lessons of "transferable attachment" to students.

© Copyright 2012 by Woodbury Reports, Inc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version