Author Topic: Albert and Wayne, why don't they know one another??  (Read 3632 times)

Offline Margaret Devlin

• View Profile
Albert and Wayne, why don't they know one another??
« on: November 09, 2011, 10:39:48 PM »
Yes, Bam Bam, you are going to try and tell us all these Elan people who posted on this petition, who also post on the various Elan facebook sites and that many Fornit members know. Did not post comments on this site. Nope Danny created this whole web site.

Kind of curious that posts 47, 48 and 50 by Mark Babitz are sandwiched between the parody of Danny at post 49. Mark Babitz once again posted his phony manifesto he made for Danny, post # 49.

:roflmao: I just love my fellow Elanians I really do. They will do anything (lie, cheat or steal) just to be right.

Wayne you are a liar, Albert you are a scumbag (pretty much why you are alone) and to the others your associations with these two let us know exactly where you are at.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/elan ... signatures

Home > Categories > Other > Alumni support the closing of Elan School.
Alumni support the closing of Elan School.

Signatures 80 total

Page: 1, 2

Name: Wayne Kernochan on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: My experience at Elan made me worse. I don't blame them for my life, but they had the chance to help and didn't. Its a good thing
Flag
Name: Jordan Eisman on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: "tyranny in the name of therapy" its nice to see it end.
Flag
Name: Anonymous on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: still hve elan nightmares
Flag
Name: Katey on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: thank God that place is closing. It is/was a cult! I would NEVER send a child there
Flag
Name: Sharon McCarthy on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: They may be closing but they left many many scars.
Flag
Name: Marina Costin Fuser on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I question the efficacy of a program based on archaic methods such as public humilliation, punishment, inducement of fear and the neutralization of powers, the breaking of the personal self-image and the patternalization of behavior. A therapy session should only be ran by a psychologist or psychoanalyst who's fully prepared to help these adolescents to come to a better understanding of themselves which was not the case. The only therapeutic method that seems to have had a positive impact in these residents was directly related to sports - it has been proven that sports rehabilitate. Yet this does not correspond to profile of every kid and it's rather excludent. Therapeutically it's been proven to be a disaster and its effects can produce not short, but long term traumas, as it we can read on the testimony of many of those who happen to have gone through this program. I was diagnosed with post-traumatic depression after graduating the program, and it took me years to overcome its symptoms. Now I can say that I'm fully recovered, I live a healthy and happy life, but Elan has left its wound in my past. I don't think anyone should have to experience what I've been through. So I'm glad these doors are closing. I can't help but feel relieved.
Flag
Name: Sean Garbelman on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: Elan should have been closed exactly 41 years ago.
Flag
Name: Felice Eliscu on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: :)
Flag
Name: Matt Hoffman on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: It was not closed by harsh internet attacks it was closed by the light that was shined on it, by the truth that was posted on the internet . elan was a sadistic, brutal,violent soul-eating hell hole, and thank God no more children will be hurt by this place ever .
Flag
Comments: It was not closed by harsh internet attacks it was closed by the light that was shined on it, by the truth that was posted on the internet . elan was a sadistic, brutal,violent soul-eating hell hole, and thank God no more children will be hurt by this place ever .
Flag
Name: Leela on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: Elan was not therapy. It was humiliation and at times as close to torture as I understand the definition to be. I have lost many friends to drugs, alcohol and disease that they would not have been exposed to if not for elan's "therapy" in my opinion. When my parents decided to definitively pull me out, they told me I would never succeed and would fail at life, when weeks before I had been the "strongest female" in the house. I have a wonderful loving husband and together we have a beautiful son. I couldn't have asked for more in all my dreams. But not a week goes by that I do not have a nightmare at least once a week that is in some way related to Elan.
Flag
Name: Ramon Cooke on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: i graduated from elan, personall there were things bout it i did like yet they were small, and dont compare2 the many things that were wrong there, from food, the rms, dr.school,corners rings were people fight,etc...
Flag
Name: Mike R on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: Yeah didn't one of the staff (PR) start dating a chick as soon as she graduated??
Flag
Name: Lauren Epstein on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I was not prepared at all for adult hood. I blame my lack of a relationship with my parents on Elan. No child should be taken, handcuffed in the middle of the night, thrown in the back of a van or on a plane and not able to see their parents but MAYBE once a year. School was a joke..... no reason for anyone not to get an A even the completely unmotivated student can pass classes with no tests and homework twice a week.
Flag
Name: John Stark on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: my wife went there and im glad no others will have to deal with what she did
Flag
Name: Dj Cianfrone on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: the next step is to hold the upper staff accountable for the way students were treated
Flag
Name: Frances Coleman on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: LET THE HEALING BEGIN...IT IS FINALLY OVER!
Flag
Name: Miluska T. Martínez Sarson on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I completely support the efforts to close down the Elan School. No more ABUSE, HUMILIATION, untrained staff, arbitrary tactics, unwanted sexual innuendo from staff to students, damaging practices not based on research, poor schooling (or, actually, NO schooling, as the courses were self-taught, with the student being provided a book and a school desk to do work if she/he wanted to do it). How it stayed open for 41 years is a mystery to me, if it weren't for all the money that was made off the desperate dysfunctional families and the desperate dysfunctional state. Oh, and of course, the brainwashing.
Flag
Name: Jillian Culver-Rebeck on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I attended Elan during the years 1993-1996. it was one of the worst and most horrifying experiences in my life! I'm glad that finally this place of hell will be shut down.Furthermore no more children will have to be tortured, abused, or neglected!
Flag
Name: Carey T on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I sent my daughter there thinking it was something totally different. She was diagnosed with ptsd after coming home and had so many problems after "graduating." The guilt I have is at times unbearable, but I truly did think that it was a theraputic, loving and warm environment where she wouls emotionally and academically flourish. I'm sorry for the things that she and all of you had to endure. I wish there was an interet back then.
Flag
Name: David Lorch on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I agree with all but the last statement. I attended Elan and support its closing but have no nightmares to blame on anyone.
Flag
Name: Jennifer Tilson on Mar 26, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Kyle H on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: Attended Elan (Elan 3) from May 2003 to June/July 2006
Flag
Name: Whit Long on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: To the end of a cruel and unusual era of abuse. I raise my glass to the closing of Elan. May god have mercy on your souls.
Flag
Name: Mary Wicklander on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: NONE of what former residents are saying is false! NONE OF IT! Mary Wicklander Elan Resident 1974 THUR 1975
Flag
Name: Jacqueline Pierro on Mar 26, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Matt Bean on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: Thank god this place is done for. I was there from '06 to '08, so I didn't have it nearly as bad as many of the older residents, but I'm shocked it took so long for that corrupt place to get shut down. Oh well, thank god nobody else can be harmed by their evil.
Flag
Name: Sharon Ecim on Mar 27, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Kiriaki Vlahopouliotis on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: Mixed feelings is an understatement. Overall Elan brought some good but at what expense. There are better methods out there and as a responsibility to paying customers aka parents and states,they should have explored better options for the students.
Flag
Name: Pearl on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: Shame on Maine for allowing the abuse to go on for 41 years.
Flag
Name: Talor Moran on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: time to put this evil to sleep
Flag
Name: Albert J. Beauchesne on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: Feb 1975- Nov 1978 PTSD SURVIVOR !!
Flag
Name: Anonymous on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2kY93Gnj1o Someone snuck in a device and recorded a blast.
Flag
Comments: Someone snuck in a device and recorded a blast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2kY93Gnj1o
Flag
Name: Tony B on Mar 27, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Douglas Hannah on Mar 27, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Comments: i am with you..
Flag
Name: T. Brown on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: I'm truly sorry all the individuals and their families who suffered at ELAN had to go through what they have gone through. Those in crisis need real support from qualified professionals. We have the same problem in Calgary, Alberta. We are trying to shed light on the Alberta Adolescent Recovery Centre, or AARC. Our family was involved in this program almost 4 years ago. It is a descendent of Straight Inc., via Kids of Bergen county, where the AARC Director Dean Vause worked in the late 80's. We currently protest this program. More info: http://www.petitiononline.com/AARCSurv/petition.html http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=67367255929 http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=102164663201201 http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2008-2009/powerless/ May Elan's closure pave the way for other destructive, unregulated and/or abusive programs!
Flag
Name: Jon Ferry on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: yup
Flag
Name: James McGinn on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: Best news about that hellhole.
Flag
Name: Jake on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: wow Elan! Thanks GOD they're closing that disaster. What a kid mill- but hey they all probably got rich as hell off of being sadistic cruel garbage
Flag
Name: Jonathan Ziv on Mar 28, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Lindsey Pasch on Mar 29, 2011
Comments: I attended Elan and feel that they should be help responsible for their actions. They have scarred many and caused several others harm. The closing of Elan is the best thing that could have happened.
Flag
Name: Dj Cianfrone on Mar 29, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Gayle Fedelia on Mar 29, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Audrey Truesdale on Mar 29, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Mark Babitz on Mar 30, 2011
Comments: Let's not stop now.
Flag
Comments: close elan
Flag
Name: Danny B. on Mar 30, 2011
Comments: My name is Daniel Bennison, I was in Elan from 6/75 till 1/77 as a resident and a employee from 1/77 till 11/78. I bring this up because of past and recent events and interactions with other residents. Guys this will be the last post I do to defend really (the indefensible) the abuse committed while I was affiliated with Elan. Whooter has informed me that he is writing a book and that I am in it on Chap. 5 because of abuses on committed at Elan while as a employee. This was my response to him after being told this,"I want you to quote this in your book. I did not say I did not abuse kids because I did as a resident and a employee. As a resident I fought in the ring for the house, screamed at folks during GM's, during a haircut, encounter groups and screamed at folks shot down while walking the house.As a employee I committed all of the abuse I mentioned above plus directed residents to verbally assault and demean residents. Did I physically abuse people, ? Yes. Now does this make me a better person then the next employee,? Yes it really does. All I am doing here is stating a fact."John has also taken the liberties of threatening me with exposer concerning accusations of abuse and that I had committed while staff, with 5 or more witnesses to these incidents.I don't think that you folks really want a all out war of words on this site but on the other hand I can see where it is constructive to have a resident call out a staff member of Elan who posts here, on supposed abuses. I don't mind that a book is being written about Elan and the abuses Staff committed. Just remember though I will not apologize to anyone for any abuses I did commit.There was enough bullshit that happened from 75-78 for me to have given a lifetime of nightmares to others, without anyone making me do something I truly don't mean. John says I was Staff/Ass.Director (E-7). I was staff/Ass.Director E-7 from 2/78 till 8/78, I transferred to a different position/different house till 11/78. I am curious as to how John knows I arrived at E-7 in 1978. Anyway I post here and I am open to conversation, you would think that John would use my information to his advantage, for he is also an abuser of others. there are also other staff and Ass. directors who have information that would help in exposing Elan, John and Felice are both frauds, As far as the dragging incident I am not nor will I be ashamed at programs and the courses it takes, I know that the once Fat Girl thanks me now. I will help any of you lose wight like here just call me,Now first off Felice is very well prepared for this sort of thing because she has been haunting this sites for over 10 years. The only thing one has to do is ask Felice about her family sibling, parents and children and you can see the abuse. Far after she left Elan and still present today. I will not get into specifics right now only to say her garbage is still going on. This is of her own making though she will blame everyone else a common trait of Art and herself. Then pick on other residents if their still not satisfied. Felice you are still very sick, you hang out with Art and you harass people. A nother side of Felice is her brilliance with Art, she is masterful, she also has great ability with filming herself in the wild, and last her passion is trolling survivor sites, Felice stay with your strengths and stop with the dirt business it is unbecoming of you, Felice is a much more horrible woman then any of us would dream of,That's right Felice and your still an idiot and maybe if you had not posted your crap, I would let you satisfy me and get me into the mood lady friend, you and I would be alright, but no you had to stoop to a disgusting level. So you keep posting away to prove your point. As far as I'm concerned you have no class what so ever. You call yourself a woman, please. Run to Art. And "Anne" I list you with them, your someone who know nothing about programs and Elan. As far as the car dragging incident, I did plenty of shit in the program that I don't regret now. Hell yes! You may already know this but Straight took the mutual- abuse thing to another level. A good portion of each day was spent abusing each other in group in one form or another. Virtually everyone there did shit to somebody else that they don't regret it now. I understand how people got caught up in that shit at Elan but I don't understand the why the car incident is such a big deal. You really don't upset me about it at all. I mean, I feel no guilty about poking people in the back, helping restrain people and confronting people. When I had dragged that girl behind a car, I held my head with pride and I would do everything I could keep helping people in programs. I would oppose programs that don't have some kind of abuses as part of the atonement for those sins of the residents, towards their family's and friends. I did't care then and I don't care now,it's the past, and I did what I had to do, and would gladly do it
Flag
Name: Mark Babitz on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: Mark Babitz I just took the time to call Elan 207-998-4666 to try and speak to Sharon Terry and see if she had any reply to our Campaign and Its' Obvious Strength and Ability's to Move Mountains so to speak. She was not able to take my call like 2 tears ago and look at what the cost was to her. No More Elan School, And I will take all the Credit Elan wants to give me, I think out of fairness to Elan, they should have picked someone else without as much paperwork as me, but then {Another Bad Decision} on their part. Our group doesn't stop at the curb, So Cop To Your Guilt Sharon Terry,eventually it will all come out, See ya in court. And thanks for saving me the Filling Expenses. And the burden of Proof goes to
you Sharon, Your move to prove me Nut's or a Liar, I am ready and have been for over 30 years

Name: Brian M. on Mar 31, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Ryan G. on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: Elan was a nightmare for me and many other kids. I wish they'd have shut it down way sooner
Flag
Name: Mrs. Perez on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: I'm sorry fro sending my son to that school- he has so many things to go wrong after and he has been so much worse with problems. They didnt help at al- they just call him names and he has clean everything. But they don't help him with any of his problems. He has fight people and I teach him not to fight, they teach him to fight
Flag
Name: Jeffrey Gottlieb on Mar 31, 2011
Flag
Name: Jersey Joe on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: Good job Mister Pink
Flag
Name: Mary Kelly on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: Good riddence
Flag
Name: Rachel Batmanghelidj Searle on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: Elan did more harm than good. No child will ever have to face the humiliated, neglect, and abuse delivered at the hands of the elan school. Let us rejoice.
Flag
Name: Renee Feld on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: i was at elan early 1970s i remember being put in trash shed and stayed for days with maggets crawling all over me it was summer i got so sick the reason for this i got sick didnt make it to bathroom i had to eat my vomit
Flag
Name: Allen Peters on Mar 31, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Clare Woodman on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: The eagle has landed
Flag
Name: Joe Ricci on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: If I wasn't dead I'd drop dead
Flag
Name: Sean Nokes on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: I want to thank Danny Bennison for strengthening our resolve. Sharon never thought her empire would be brought down by a man who couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the C and the A
Flag
Name: Dotorg/crimesagainsthumanity.elan on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: Yes, we all have the same nightmares. Don't rest until every Elan staff member is prosecuted.
Flag
Name: Robert Stillman on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: The abuse was only made worse by the abuse this Danny Bennison person heaped on these people on the internet. The world is watching Mister Bennison.
Flag
Name: Sarah Gleecher on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: I read the book about this Danny Bennison person, so I want to second that. He sounds like a horrible person. I'm a mother of an Elan student from 1983 to 1985 and I can't stand to think that he was treated like that. He killed himself with drugs and alcohol, and I hope that he found better than that man
Flag
Name: Charlie Cheshire on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: I was there in 86-87. The place was a nuthouse. Good riddance
Flag
Name: Nick Cooper on Apr 1, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Lisa Paolino on Apr 1, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Ella Fitzgerald on Apr 2, 2011
Comments: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Danny-Ben ... 86?sk=wall
Flag
Name: Ellen Pullman on Apr 2, 2011
Comments: I'm the mother of an ex Elan student. He asked me to sign this petition. According to him, he did well, but not because of that place. He says the rough patches and the nightmares he suffers from are what he got from his time there. He's my son, so I know him and I agree. Thank you for ridding the world of Elan. It needed to be done
Flag
Name: Ari Peres on Apr 2, 2011
Comments: Why don't you whining bitches just grow the fuck up and stop acting like fucking retards? Elan wasn't abusive, and a bunch of internet cunts saying so doesn't make it so. I'd like to put you all in the ring and never stop. Your all a bunch of fucking babys Go fuck yourselfs
Flag
Name: Jerry Torre on Apr 2, 2011
Comments: Elan was a cruel joke that caused me to laugh bitterly for the past 23 years. I'm glad its gone
Flag
Name: John Flanagan on Apr 18, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Kelly Clapp on May 9, 2011
Comments: Elan treated children with mental illness and none of the staff were qualified to do that. In most cases the staff had no high school diploma, let alone a college degree. They belong in jail and a lawsuit against the Maine department of education is overdue
Flag
Name: Phil Rinn on Jun 20, 2011
Comments: Hey, Gottlieb welcome to HELL , where your soul will have a GM for eternity!
Flag
Name: Larry Beck on Aug 2, 2011
Comments: i was there 75-76 IT SUCKED i split as an expediter in the sping of 76 ,glad i made it ,hated leaving friends behind,still that place hants me
Flag
Name: Thiago Monteiro on Oct 13, 2011
Comments: i was there in elan 2002 2003 .. the place was hell. humiliation and fear all time... i was placed in isolation facing the corner for weeksss , lond days that never ended locked up in a room! i tried telling my parents of the horrors in there but wasent able to , they listened to our calls and reas all of our mail . isnt that illegal? .. anyway im glad elan is closed
Flag
Name: Danny Bennison on Nov 5, 2011
Comments: Hopefully with this closing people here who have posted hateful things concerning me will stop. It is the same people Matt Hoffman, Felice Eliscue, Mark Babbitz and Wayne Kernochan. I was a resident while Matt and Mark were there. No body here suffered any abuse by me at Elan. I was not a abuser. Wayne's claims in his memoir are just that his claims there is no one to back up his story. Evidence has been presented he wasn't even there, James Frye ring a bell. Guys end the stupidness and lets move on. Your stories of my abuse are false and unwarranted. Grow up. My time as staff was 17 years old and I left at 19 yrs. old 1978. Long time ago. Elans closing filled my heart with happiest. Because I knew three people could no longer hurt anyone else.
Flag
Name: DannyB II on Nov 5, 2011
Comments: I am very grateful that Elan closed. Maybe now Matt, Mark and Felice can move on. Wayne you are not a part of this because you never went to Elan. Something everybody needs to know. You wrote a memoir based on web sites you plagiarized and some angry folks who disliked me.
Flag
Name: SpammyhBennison on Nov 6, 2011
Comments: If you bastards think I'm gonna let you get away with this bullshit you got another thing coming! I'm gonna be showing up at your house with a big black dildo and a bottle of whiskey! We'll see who gets the last laugh!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:42:24 PM by Margaret Devlin »

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
Re: Albert and Wayne, why don't they know one another??
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 10:49:06 PM »
Danny, cross-dressing is so unbecoming of you!  You should do it more often or something.  How about, instead you just fuck off because your inane nannering, incoherent, inconsequent and incontinent, is on a loop.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Sock Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:54:43 PM »
Quote from: "Margaret Devlin"
:roflmao: I just love my fellow Elanians I really do. They will do anything (lie, cheat or steal) just to be right.
Tranny Bennison slips out of character

Offline Sock Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:58:37 PM »
So much for auntie margret. What's your next costume Danny? Will we be hearing from Granny Bennison soon?

Offline Troublemaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 05:42:03 AM »
Yes, Bam Bam, you are going to try and tell us all these Elan people who posted on this petition, who also post on the various Elan facebook sites and that many Fornit members know. Did not post comments on this site. Nope I created this whole web site.

Kind of curious that posts 47, 48 and 50 by Mark Babitz are sandwiched between the parody of me at post 49. Mark Babitz once again posted his phony manifesto he made for me, post # 49.

Wayne you are a liar, Albert you are a scumbag (pretty much why you are alone) and to the others your associations with these two let us know exactly where you are at.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/elan ... signatures

Home > Categories > Other > Alumni support the closing of Elan School.
Alumni support the closing of Elan School.

Signatures 80 total

Page: 1, 2

Name: Wayne Kernochan on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: My experience at Elan made me worse. I don't blame them for my life, but they had the chance to help and didn't. Its a good thing
Flag
Name: Jordan Eisman on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: "tyranny in the name of therapy" its nice to see it end.
Flag
Name: Anonymous on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: still hve elan nightmares
Flag
Name: Katey on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: thank God that place is closing. It is/was a cult! I would NEVER send a child there
Flag
Name: Sharon McCarthy on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: They may be closing but they left many many scars.
Flag
Name: Marina Costin Fuser on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I question the efficacy of a program based on archaic methods such as public humilliation, punishment, inducement of fear and the neutralization of powers, the breaking of the personal self-image and the patternalization of behavior. A therapy session should only be ran by a psychologist or psychoanalyst who's fully prepared to help these adolescents to come to a better understanding of themselves which was not the case. The only therapeutic method that seems to have had a positive impact in these residents was directly related to sports - it has been proven that sports rehabilitate. Yet this does not correspond to profile of every kid and it's rather excludent. Therapeutically it's been proven to be a disaster and its effects can produce not short, but long term traumas, as it we can read on the testimony of many of those who happen to have gone through this program. I was diagnosed with post-traumatic depression after graduating the program, and it took me years to overcome its symptoms. Now I can say that I'm fully recovered, I live a healthy and happy life, but Elan has left its wound in my past. I don't think anyone should have to experience what I've been through. So I'm glad these doors are closing. I can't help but feel relieved.
Flag
Name: Sean Garbelman on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: Elan should have been closed exactly 41 years ago.
Flag
Name: Felice Eliscu on Mar 26, 2011
Flag
Flag
Flag
Name: Leela on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: Elan was not therapy. It was humiliation and at times as close to torture as I understand the definition to be. I have lost many friends to drugs, alcohol and disease that they would not have been exposed to if not for elan's "therapy" in my opinion. When my parents decided to definitively pull me out, they told me I would never succeed and would fail at life, when weeks before I had been the "strongest female" in the house. I have a wonderful loving husband and together we have a beautiful son. I couldn't have asked for more in all my dreams. But not a week goes by that I do not have a nightmare at least once a week that is in some way related to Elan.
Flag
Name: Ramon Cooke on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: i graduated from elan, personall there were things bout it i did like yet they were small, and dont compare2 the many things that were wrong there, from food, the rms, dr.school,corners rings were people fight,etc...
Flag
Name: Mike R on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: Yeah didn't one of the staff (PR) start dating a chick as soon as she graduated??
Flag
Name: Lauren Epstein on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I was not prepared at all for adult hood. I blame my lack of a relationship with my parents on Elan. No child should be taken, handcuffed in the middle of the night, thrown in the back of a van or on a plane and not able to see their parents but MAYBE once a year. School was a joke..... no reason for anyone not to get an A even the completely unmotivated student can pass classes with no tests and homework twice a week.
Flag
Name: John Stark on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: my wife went there and im glad no others will have to deal with what she did
Flag
Name: Dj Cianfrone on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: the next step is to hold the upper staff accountable for the way students were treated
Flag
Name: Frances Coleman on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: LET THE HEALING BEGIN...IT IS FINALLY OVER!
Flag
Name: Miluska T. Martínez Sarson on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I completely support the efforts to close down the Elan School. No more ABUSE, HUMILIATION, untrained staff, arbitrary tactics, unwanted sexual innuendo from staff to students, damaging practices not based on research, poor schooling (or, actually, NO schooling, as the courses were self-taught, with the student being provided a book and a school desk to do work if she/he wanted to do it). How it stayed open for 41 years is a mystery to me, if it weren't for all the money that was made off the desperate dysfunctional families and the desperate dysfunctional state. Oh, and of course, the brainwashing.
Flag
Name: Jillian Culver-Rebeck on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I attended Elan during the years 1993-1996. it was one of the worst and most horrifying experiences in my life! I'm glad that finally this place of hell will be shut down.Furthermore no more children will have to be tortured, abused, or neglected!
Flag
Name: Carey T on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I sent my daughter there thinking it was something totally different. She was diagnosed with ptsd after coming home and had so many problems after "graduating." The guilt I have is at times unbearable, but I truly did think that it was a theraputic, loving and warm environment where she wouls emotionally and academically flourish. I'm sorry for the things that she and all of you had to endure. I wish there was an interet back then.
Flag
Name: David Lorch on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: I agree with all but the last statement. I attended Elan and support its closing but have no nightmares to blame on anyone.
Flag
Name: Jennifer Tilson on Mar 26, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Kyle H on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: Attended Elan (Elan 3) from May 2003 to June/July 2006
Flag
Name: Whit Long on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: To the end of a cruel and unusual era of abuse. I raise my glass to the closing of Elan. May god have mercy on your souls.
Flag
Name: Mary Wicklander on Mar 26, 2011
Comments: NONE of what former residents are saying is false! NONE OF IT! Mary Wicklander Elan Resident 1974 THUR 1975
Flag
Name: Jacqueline Pierro on Mar 26, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Matt Bean on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: Thank god this place is done for. I was there from '06 to '08, so I didn't have it nearly as bad as many of the older residents, but I'm shocked it took so long for that corrupt place to get shut down. Oh well, thank god nobody else can be harmed by their evil.
Flag
Name: Sharon Ecim on Mar 27, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Kiriaki Vlahopouliotis on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: Mixed feelings is an understatement. Overall Elan brought some good but at what expense. There are better methods out there and as a responsibility to paying customers aka parents and states,they should have explored better options for the students.
Flag
Name: Pearl on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: Shame on Maine for allowing the abuse to go on for 41 years.
Flag
Name: Talor Moran on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: time to put this evil to sleep
Flag
Name: Albert J. Beauchesne on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: Feb 1975- Nov 1978 PTSD SURVIVOR !!
Flag
Comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2kY93Gnj1o Someone snuck in a device and recorded a blast.
Flag
Comments: Someone snuck in a device and recorded a blast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2kY93Gnj1o
Flag
Name: Tony B on Mar 27, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Comments:
Flag
Comments: i am with you..
Flag
Name: T. Brown on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: I'm truly sorry all the individuals and their families who suffered at ELAN had to go through what they have gone through. Those in crisis need real support from qualified professionals. We have the same problem in Calgary, Alberta. We are trying to shed light on the Alberta Adolescent Recovery Centre, or AARC. Our family was involved in this program almost 4 years ago. It is a descendent of Straight Inc., via Kids of Bergen county, where the AARC Director Dean Vause worked in the late 80's. We currently protest this program. More info: http://www.petitiononline.com/AARCSurv/petition.html http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=67367255929 http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=102164663201201 http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2008-2009/powerless/ May Elan's closure pave the way for other destructive, unregulated and/or abusive programs!
Flag
Name: Jon Ferry on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: yup
Flag
Name: James McGinn on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: Best news about that hellhole.
Flag
Name: Jake on Mar 27, 2011
Comments: wow Elan! Thanks GOD they're closing that disaster. What a kid mill- but hey they all probably got rich as hell off of being sadistic cruel garbage
Flag
Name: Jonathan Ziv on Mar 28, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Lindsey Pasch on Mar 29, 2011
Comments: I attended Elan and feel that they should be help responsible for their actions. They have scarred many and caused several others harm. The closing of Elan is the best thing that could have happened.
Flag
Name: Dj Cianfrone on Mar 29, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Gayle Fedelia on Mar 29, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Audrey Truesdale on Mar 29, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Comments: Let's not stop now.
Flag
Comments: close elan
Flag
Name: Danny B. on Mar 30, 2011
Comments: My name is Daniel Bennison, I was in Elan from 6/75 till 1/77 as a resident and a employee from 1/77 till 11/78. I bring this up because of past and recent events and interactions with other residents. Guys this will be the last post I do to defend really (the indefensible) the abuse committed while I was affiliated with Elan. Whooter has informed me that he is writing a book and that I am in it on Chap. 5 because of abuses on committed at Elan while as a employee. This was my response to him after being told this,"I want you to quote this in your book. I did not say I did not abuse kids because I did as a resident and a employee. As a resident I fought in the ring for the house, screamed at folks during GM's, during a haircut, encounter groups and screamed at folks shot down while walking the house.As a employee I committed all of the abuse I mentioned above plus directed residents to verbally assault and demean residents. Did I physically abuse people, ? Yes. Now does this make me a better person then the next employee,? Yes it really does. All I am doing here is stating a fact."John has also taken the liberties of threatening me with exposer concerning accusations of abuse and that I had committed while staff, with 5 or more witnesses to these incidents.I don't think that you folks really want a all out war of words on this site but on the other hand I can see where it is constructive to have a resident call out a staff member of Elan who posts here, on supposed abuses. I don't mind that a book is being written about Elan and the abuses Staff committed. Just remember though I will not apologize to anyone for any abuses I did commit.There was enough bullshit that happened from 75-78 for me to have given a lifetime of nightmares to others, without anyone making me do something I truly don't mean. John says I was Staff/Ass.Director (E-7). I was staff/Ass.Director E-7 from 2/78 till 8/78, I transferred to a different position/different house till 11/78. I am curious as to how John knows I arrived at E-7 in 1978. Anyway I post here and I am open to conversation, you would think that John would use my information to his advantage, for he is also an abuser of others. there are also other staff and Ass. directors who have information that would help in exposing Elan, John and Felice are both frauds, As far as the dragging incident I am not nor will I be ashamed at programs and the courses it takes, I know that the once Fat Girl thanks me now. I will help any of you lose wight like here just call me,Now first off Felice is very well prepared for this sort of thing because she has been haunting this sites for over 10 years. The only thing one has to do is ask Felice about her family sibling, parents and children and you can see the abuse. Far after she left Elan and still present today. I will not get into specifics right now only to say her garbage is still going on. This is of her own making though she will blame everyone else a common trait of Art and herself. Then pick on other residents if their still not satisfied. Felice you are still very sick, you hang out with Art and you harass people. A nother side of Felice is her brilliance with Art, she is masterful, she also has great ability with filming herself in the wild, and last her passion is trolling survivor sites, Felice stay with your strengths and stop with the dirt business it is unbecoming of you, Felice is a much more horrible woman then any of us would dream of,That's right Felice and your still an idiot and maybe if you had not posted your crap, I would let you satisfy me and get me into the mood lady friend, you and I would be alright, but no you had to stoop to a disgusting level. So you keep posting away to prove your point. As far as I'm concerned you have no class what so ever. You call yourself a woman, please. Run to Art. And "Anne" I list you with them, your someone who know nothing about programs and Elan. As far as the car dragging incident, I did plenty of shit in the program that I don't regret now. Hell yes! You may already know this but Straight took the mutual- abuse thing to another level. A good portion of each day was spent abusing each other in group in one form or another. Virtually everyone there did shit to somebody else that they don't regret it now. I understand how people got caught up in that shit at Elan but I don't understand the why the car incident is such a big deal. You really don't upset me about it at all. I mean, I feel no guilty about poking people in the back, helping restrain people and confronting people. When I had dragged that girl behind a car, I held my head with pride and I would do everything I could keep helping people in programs. I would oppose programs that don't have some kind of abuses as part of the atonement for those sins of the residents, towards their family's and friends. I did't care then and I don't care now,it's the past, and I did what I had to do, and would gladly do it
Flag
Name: Mark Babitz on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: Mark Babitz I just took the time to call Elan 207-998-4666 to try and speak to Sharon Terry and see if she had any reply to our Campaign and Its' Obvious Strength and Ability's to Move Mountains so to speak. She was not able to take my call like 2 tears ago and look at what the cost was to her. No More Elan School, And I will take all the Credit Elan wants to give me, I think out of fairness to Elan, they should have picked someone else without as much paperwork as me, but then {Another Bad Decision} on their part. Our group doesn't stop at the curb, So Cop To Your Guilt Sharon Terry,eventually it will all come out, See ya in court. And thanks for saving me the Filling Expenses. And the burden of Proof goes to
you Sharon, Your move to prove me Nut's or a Liar, I am ready and have been for over 30 years

Name: Brian M. on Mar 31, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Ryan G. on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: Elan was a nightmare for me and many other kids. I wish they'd have shut it down way sooner
Flag
Name: Mrs. Perez on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: I'm sorry fro sending my son to that school- he has so many things to go wrong after and he has been so much worse with problems. They didnt help at al- they just call him names and he has clean everything. But they don't help him with any of his problems. He has fight people and I teach him not to fight, they teach him to fight
Flag
Name: Jeffrey Gottlieb on Mar 31, 2011
Flag
Name: Jersey Joe on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: Good job Mister Pink
Flag
Name: Mary Kelly on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: Good riddence
Flag
Name: Rachel Batmanghelidj Searle on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: Elan did more harm than good. No child will ever have to face the humiliated, neglect, and abuse delivered at the hands of the elan school. Let us rejoice.
Flag
Name: Renee Feld on Mar 31, 2011
Comments: i was at elan early 1970s i remember being put in trash shed and stayed for days with maggets crawling all over me it was summer i got so sick the reason for this i got sick didnt make it to bathroom i had to eat my vomit
Flag
Name: Allen Peters on Mar 31, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Clare Woodman on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: The eagle has landed
Flag
Name: Joe Ricci on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: If I wasn't dead I'd drop dead
Flag
Name: Sean Nokes on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: I want to thank Danny Bennison for strengthening our resolve. Sharon never thought her empire would be brought down by a man who couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the C and the A
Flag
Name: Dotorg/crimesagainsthumanity.elan on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: Yes, we all have the same nightmares. Don't rest until every Elan staff member is prosecuted.
Flag
Name: Robert Stillman on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: The abuse was only made worse by the abuse this Danny Bennison person heaped on these people on the internet. The world is watching Mister Bennison.
Flag
Name: Sarah Gleecher on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: I read the book about this Danny Bennison person, so I want to second that. He sounds like a horrible person. I'm a mother of an Elan student from 1983 to 1985 and I can't stand to think that he was treated like that. He killed himself with drugs and alcohol, and I hope that he found better than that man
Flag
Name: Charlie Cheshire on Apr 1, 2011
Comments: I was there in 86-87. The place was a nuthouse. Good riddance
Flag
Name: Nick Cooper on Apr 1, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Lisa Paolino on Apr 1, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Ella Fitzgerald on Apr 2, 2011
Comments: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Danny-Ben ... 86?sk=wall
Flag
Name: Ellen Pullman on Apr 2, 2011
Comments: I'm the mother of an ex Elan student. He asked me to sign this petition. According to him, he did well, but not because of that place. He says the rough patches and the nightmares he suffers from are what he got from his time there. He's my son, so I know him and I agree. Thank you for ridding the world of Elan. It needed to be done
Flag
Name: Ari Peres on Apr 2, 2011
Comments: Why don't you whining bitches just grow the fuck up and stop acting like fucking retards? Elan wasn't abusive, and a bunch of internet cunts saying so doesn't make it so. I'd like to put you all in the ring and never stop. Your all a bunch of fucking babys Go fuck yourselfs
Flag
Name: Jerry Torre on Apr 2, 2011
Comments: Elan was a cruel joke that caused me to laugh bitterly for the past 23 years. I'm glad its gone
Flag
Name: John Flanagan on Apr 18, 2011
Comments:
Flag
Name: Kelly Clapp on May 9, 2011
Comments: Elan treated children with mental illness and none of the staff were qualified to do that. In most cases the staff had no high school diploma, let alone a college degree. They belong in jail and a lawsuit against the Maine department of education is overdue
Flag
Name: Phil Rinn on Jun 20, 2011
Comments: Hey, Gottlieb welcome to HELL , where your soul will have a GM for eternity!
Flag
Name: Larry Beck on Aug 2, 2011
Comments: i was there 75-76 IT SUCKED i split as an expediter in the sping of 76 ,glad i made it ,hated leaving friends behind,still that place hants me
Flag
Name: Thiago Monteiro on Oct 13, 2011
Comments: i was there in elan 2002 2003 .. the place was hell. humiliation and fear all time... i was placed in isolation facing the corner for weeksss , lond days that never ended locked up in a room! i tried telling my parents of the horrors in there but wasent able to , they listened to our calls and reas all of our mail . isnt that illegal? .. anyway im glad elan is closed
Flag
Name: Danny Bennison on Nov 5, 2011
Comments: Hopefully with this closing people here who have posted hateful things concerning me will stop. It is the same people Matt Hoffman, Felice Eliscue, Mark Babbitz and Wayne Kernochan. I was a resident while Matt and Mark were there. No body here suffered any abuse by me at Elan. I was not a abuser. Wayne's claims in his memoir are just that his claims there is no one to back up his story. Evidence has been presented he wasn't even there, James Frye ring a bell. Guys end the stupidness and lets move on. Your stories of my abuse are false and unwarranted. Grow up. My time as staff was 17 years old and I left at 19 yrs. old 1978. Long time ago. Elans closing filled my heart with happiest. Because I knew three people could no longer hurt anyone else.
Flag
Name: DannyB II on Nov 5, 2011
Comments: I am very grateful that Elan closed. Maybe now Matt, Mark and Felice can move on. Wayne you are not a part of this because you never went to Elan. Something everybody needs to know. You wrote a memoir based on web sites you plagiarized and some angry folks who disliked me.
Flag
Name: SpammyhBennison on Nov 6, 2011
Comments: If you bastards think I'm gonna let you get away with this bullshit you got another thing coming! I'm gonna be showing up at your house with a big black dildo and a bottle of whiskey! We'll see who gets the last laugh!
The troubled teen industry is ineffective because advocates are after money, fame or are as abusive as the programs they\'re fighting

Offline Margaret Devlin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 01:20:40 PM »
Quote from: "Sock Monkey"
Tranny Bennison slips out of character

How can I slip out of character I went to Elan 1975 - 1978.

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 07:16:22 PM »
You had to look up a record didn't you?