Author Topic: Poor Plan to escape Aurora Behavioral Health Care  (Read 2312 times)

Offline cmack

• View Profile
Poor Plan to escape Aurora Behavioral Health Care
« on: October 27, 2011, 05:32:33 PM »
Two teen boys staged a fake hostage situation in a ploy to escape Aurora Behavioral Health Care in San Diego. I don't know anything about this place, but anywhere that locks kids up against their will is suspect in my opinion.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011 ... -hospital/

Two 17-year-old boys who are patients at a hospital in Carmel Mountain staged a hostage situation early Thursday to try to escape, San Diego police said.

Police were called to the Aurora Behavioral Health Care hospital on Avenue of Industry off Innovation Drive just after midnight, police Lt. Andra Brown said.

When officers arrived, they found one teen at the second-floor nursing station with his arms around the other boy holding a metal object to his neck, Brown said. He demanded to be let out of the facility, she said.

Police talked with the boy for about 15 minutes. He let the other go and was detained by officers.

“They were in cahoots,” police Capt. Chris Ball said. “They were using this ruse as a plan to escape.”

The metal object turned out to be an aluminum can, Brown said. One of the teens was wearing a makeshift backpack that was fashioned out of pillow cases, she said.

This is the link to the program
http://sandiego.aurorabehavioral.com/index.php
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
Re: Poor Plan to escape Aurora Behavioral Health Care
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 06:16:08 PM »
This is not a program in the sense that fornits refers to programs. This is actually a psychiatric hospital, and drug rehabilitation facility. It has a adolescent/youth ward as well. I spent time there as a 14 year old, about a week, in patient like the boys in this story. It's not that bad, boring, but not abusive (at least when I was there). It was called Charter hospital back then. Sounds kind of funny what they did, hopefully the police won't charge them with anything. Since obviously they have issues going on if they are in there already.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 08:05:41 PM »
Is that really you Maxine?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Teens stage hostage scene to escape hospital
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 08:12:14 PM »
Pertinent data omitted from the OP:

Teens stage hostage scene to escape hospital
    Written by Debbi Baker
    7:48 a.m., Oct. 27, 2011
    Updated 9:16 a.m.
    © Copyright 2011 The San Diego Union-Tribune, LLC[/list]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »
    Quote from: "Maximilian"
    This is not a program in the sense that fornits refers to programs. This is actually a psychiatric hospital, and drug rehabilitation facility. It has a adolescent/youth ward as well. I spent time there as a 14 year old, about a week, in patient like the boys in this story. It's not that bad, boring, but not abusive (at least when I was there). It was called Charter hospital back then. Sounds kind of funny what they did, hopefully the police won't charge them with anything. Since obviously they have issues going on if they are in there already.
    Since I have no personal experience with it, and said hospital has never come up in my research, my inclination would be to cede to your judgment.

However, it should be said that the line differentiating between "psych/rehab hospital" and program hellhole is kinda hazy. There are more than a few places which easily qualify for both descriptions. Certain hospital chains in particular come to mind, e.g., any facility run by UHS, Inc. or Psychiatric Solutions, Inc. Oh wait, what am I saying... They are one and the same: UHS bought up all of PSI last year...
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline suziebates

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 09:36:38 AM »
    More folks including both individual adults and families are on their own to provide funding for healthcare. There is a growing trend of being your own freelance business owner, being a contract employee or being employed by a business that does not offer a health insurance benefit.