Author Topic: Graduate from Darrington Academy  (Read 3607 times)

Offline BrookeSours

• View Profile
Graduate from Darrington Academy
« on: October 23, 2011, 10:47:04 AM »
I have been reading different posts on different websites, and I don't think that you guys have heard from enough people like me. The program helped me a lot. Whether it was the 'right' way of doing it doesn't matter to me. What they did... it helped. I was lacking what I needed to shape my life and I found it while I was there. The seminars helped me release a lot of anger. Now, I am a young woman with a relaitonship with her family, I own my own home, and I have an amazing job at a local bank. Before Darrington Academy, I would have never been able to look into the future far enough to be able to figure these things out. I don't care if people had whatever licences. What I care about, is that this worked for me. I'm not brainwashed. I'm a happy 22 year old young woman. I am married... and I have the most adorable well behaved son I could have ever asked for.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: Graduate from Darrington Academy
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »
I learned from another of our team-members that you have told in what way the program helped you over at the antiwwaps.us message board

A lot of people reach a point in their life where they want to change and then it is no question what kind of help they get because they are going to make it.

But the real problem is when people who are not ready to change are forced to attend the same kind of program. Then it is a sure recipe for failure and that was basically what did shot Darrington down in the end. They took a lot of teenagers in which was a bad fit for their program unlike you and they did it for money - not because they believed they had something which would work for everyone.

Our search engines which by the way is monitoring the remaining WWASP related facilities 24/7 has told me a motto. It is: A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.

Darrington didn't have an answer for most of the teenagers who were there. They simply had a song they found a market for by the parents.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
I learned from another of our team-members that you have told in what way the program helped you over at the antiwwaps.us message board
Originally posted there on 01-21-2009:

Darrington Academy Graduate

My name is Brooke Sours.
    I attended and graduated from Darrington Academy in the small beautiful town of Blueridge Georgia.
    Every morning I got to see the beautiful mountains, and learn new things.
    I learned things through self-help books, and through Seminars and Workshops.
    I changed while I was there.
    I used to be a self-absorbed loser with no future.
    A drop-out, sex addict.
    I learned who I was while I was there.
    Listening to what you people have written kills me.
    I don't even comprehend it.
    The love and the admiration that I have for the staff there... knowing what you are saying about them... This absolutely kills my heart.
    There was one staff member who used to tuck me in at night and give my teddy bear a kiss.
    She treated me like I was actually her child.
    My bestfriend is also a graduate from Darrington Academy.
    We both thank god every day for our blessing.
    You should know that before Darrington saved her life, she was a meth-addict.
    Now she is a wonderful member of society.
    We plan to change the world together one step at a time.
    It's been years since Darrington, but you have no idea how happy I am that I went there.
    I'm not a 'Darrington Survivor' if you will,
    but more like a survivor of myself.

I don't care what you people post about the other programs, but don't post what you don't know about this one.

We cleaned our areas every day.
    We played basketball, kickball, and volleyball.
    We were happier there then when we druggies.
    That much I can promise.[/list][/size]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 07:54:24 PM »
    I used to be a self-absorbed loser with no future.
    A drop-out, sex addict.
    I learned who I was while I was there.

I don't doubt it.

Offline YV23

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:03 PM »
    Quote from: "BrookeSours"
    I have been reading different posts on different websites, and I don't think that you guys have heard from enough people like me. The program helped me a lot. Whether it was the 'right' way of doing it doesn't matter to me. What they did... it helped. I was lacking what I needed to shape my life and I found it while I was there. The seminars helped me release a lot of anger. Now, I am a young woman with a relaitonship with her family, I own my own home, and I have an amazing job at a local bank. Before Darrington Academy, I would have never been able to look into the future far enough to be able to figure these things out. I don't care if people had whatever licences. What I care about, is that this worked for me. I'm not brainwashed. I'm a happy 22 year old young woman. I am married... and I have the most adorable well behaved son I could have ever asked for.

Its a good thing you can concentrate on what's important to you

Offline BrookeSours

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »
    I can not speak of your experiences. All I can talk about are my own. I would like to think that others could maybe just keep their mind open to this being a positive experience. This means the same for me. I am now more open to others' negative experiences as well. I understand where you are coming from. I just disagree.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »
    It's good to know the bad experiences of others don't bother you.
    ?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »
    It really does sound like a nice place. Hopefully one day you can send your kid there.
    ?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 10:09:12 PM »
    Quote from: "none-ya"
    It really does sound like a nice place. Hopefully one day you can send your kid there.
    Few worries 'bout that, mate. Richard Darrington hightailed it outta Darrington Academy in the wake of allegations of assault and abuse. News reports had him trying for a job in the Clark County school district (Nevada) with, ultimately, little success. It seems those folks knew how to google.

Does Darrington Academy still exist? I coulda sworn it got shut down.

All of which certainly makes the apparent focus of the OP all the more noteworthy...
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------