Author Topic: Green Chimneys, Maltreatment Center  (Read 2726 times)

Offline LadyJean

• View Profile
Green Chimneys, Maltreatment Center
« on: October 08, 2011, 08:32:42 PM »
This is an open request to all courts; all schools; all agencies and organizations involved with children NEVER to send them to Green Chimneys in Brewster, NY.  The worst thing I ever did to my child was twofold: sending my child to Green Chimneys and refusing to listen to my child when I first became aware of the abuse.  NEVER deny your child the chance to tell you things.  Had I listened sooner, my child would not have been abused to the extent it occurred.  Had I known sexual abuse was involved, believe me, I would have taken my child home even if my child came with nothing but the shirt of the day.  I have been reading horror stories online and they jibe with what my child has been telling me all along.

To make matters worse, I had the temerity to ask my child upon seeing the pastoral grounds and after having bought the spiel about how animals were the road to salvation, "how can you be unhappy here?"  Had I listened then, I would have gotten a crash course in the abuse industry.  I would have learned so much and could have protected my child instead of appearing to side with the abusers.  

Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. is nothing but a very sadistic person and a convincing liar.  My jaw dropped when I read that others had been posting about how he will tell people kids come before the Pope and that he'd oust the Pope from his office to meet a child's need.  I realize now that was a con job.  Other parents have reported being told the same thing.  Some of the kids have said that they'd rather go to jail than to Dr. Samuel Ross Jr. because they were, as one child put it, "afraid Dr. Ross will beat you until you're dead."  This is what my child lived with.  Bad enough, but I find out now kids with violent pasts often get sent to Green Chimneys by courts and other agencies and even brutalize younger kids, such as my child was.  I don't sleep well knowing this now.  My child was afraid to sleep because of a real fear of being beaten to death.  Kids have reported that Dr. Ross would beat kids in front of everybody.  That had to be very traumatic for the beaten child and those forced to watch this savagery.  Another real fear that was instilled in my child was the fear of being shipped to a hospital, which is what Dr. Ross was known for, according to the kids.  

Please.  Listen to what the kids are saying.  Green Chimneys is a truly horrendous place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
Re: Green Chimneys, Maltreatment Center
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:03:35 PM »
It's not wise to spam the boards with the complaints.  Some of these facilities that have their own forum are known for their own atrocities - some of which may be leagues worse than Green Chimney.  That's not to say that Green Chimney is a wonderful place, but it might be waise to talk in the TTI, News and Facility forums about asking of this place and see if it warrants its own forum.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Green Chimneys, Maltreatment Center
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 09:41:43 PM »
Quote from: "LadyJean"
This is an open request to all courts; all schools; all agencies and organizations involved with children NEVER to send them to Green Chimneys in Brewster, NY.  The worst thing I ever did to my child was twofold: sending my child to Green Chimneys and refusing to listen to my child when I first became aware of the abuse.  NEVER deny your child the chance to tell you things.  Had I listened sooner, my child would not have been abused to the extent it occurred.

It happens.  Such programs know a parent is always gonna believe the "professionals" and take that as license to do whatever they please, knowing the more over-the-top the abuse is, the less likely it is to be believed.  Kids often have a history of lying or at the very least exaggerating.  Such programs make sure to remind parents of this and frame kids in the worst possible light as "master manipulators" and so on.  Such programs often even tell parents to expect lying.  Eventually the kid realises that telling the truth doesn't work so they lose hope, denounce their earlier criticism of the program as "manipulation" and start to lie in praise of the program -- believing it to be the only way out.  Parents take this to be evidence their kids are making progress.  After the kids realize the program intends to keep them as long as parent can pay, they then "revert" to prior "manipulative" state by speaking about the abuse.  Who are parents to believe: the kid who lies and constantly changes the story, or the program that has been consistent and even predicts the kid's behavior (because they can control it, of course)?  It's a very well thought out con and I suspect what I've just written raises a few flags with you.

Had I known sexual abuse was involved, believe me, I would have taken my child home even if my child came with nothing but the shirt of the day.  I have been reading horror stories online and they jibe with what my child has been telling me all along.

To make matters worse, I had the temerity to ask my child upon seeing the pastoral grounds and after having bought the spiel about how animals were the road to salvation,

Just the latest in a very long line of snake oil fads.  Animal therapy is just the quackery du-jour.  This isn't to say bonding with animals can't help certain kids, but I wouldn't say it's the end-all and be all or even beneficial to all.  Such programs make it sound like they have the one true way to save your kid when in reality, they're just selling you the latest in a very long line of popular gimmicks.

"how can you be unhappy here?"  Had I listened then, I would have gotten a crash course in the abuse industry.  I would have learned so much and could have protected my child instead of appearing to side with the abusers.  

Dr. Samuel B. Ross Jr. is nothing but a very sadistic person and a convincing liar.  My jaw dropped when I read that others had been posting about how he will tell people kids come before the Pope and that he'd oust the Pope from his office to meet a child's need.  I realize now that was a con job.  Other parents have reported being told the same thing.  Some of the kids have said that they'd rather go to jail than to Dr. Samuel Ross Jr. because they were, as one child put it, "afraid Dr. Ross will beat you until you're dead."  This is what my child lived with.  Bad enough, but I find out now kids with violent pasts often get sent to Green Chimneys by courts and other agencies and even brutalize younger kids, such as my child was.  I don't sleep well knowing this now.  My child was afraid to sleep because of a real fear of being beaten to death.  Kids have reported that Dr. Ross would beat kids in front of everybody.  That had to be very traumatic for the beaten child and those forced to watch this savagery.  Another real fear that was instilled in my child was the fear of being shipped to a hospital, which is what Dr. Ross was known for, according to the kids.  

Please.  Listen to what the kids are saying.  Green Chimneys is a truly horrendous place.

Sadly, most parents will not. If you want to stop the program, sue them out of existence.  You might also consider going to the authorities.  Find other parents -- talk to a lawyer.  Make sure to sue the individuals as well as the organization and it's parent if you can.  Yes, your kid will have to testify as will others, and that might be traumatic, but think of the other parent's kids who won't have to go through what your daughter did.  Your kid might also appreciate being able to confront her abusers.  Just make sure to re-assure your daughter that she is safe, and if she testifies, that she has the power.  Also: get her therapy now, if you haven't already.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)