Author Topic: Order of Quebec’s Brother André admits to sex abuse, agrees  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
Order of Quebec’s Brother André admits to sex abuse, agrees
« on: October 07, 2011, 11:19:51 PM »
Order of Quebec’s Brother André admits to sex abuse, agrees

The Congregation of the Holy Cross is one of Quebec’s most high-profile religious orders, its name associated with the landmark St. Joseph’s Oratory in Montreal and the name of Brother André, the Holy Cross doorman who became a saint.

But on Thursday the Roman Catholic congregation made headlines for scandal, not glory. The order, whose roots date to the French Revolution and whose clergy were entrusted with the education of the sons of Quebec’s best families, agreed to pay up to $18-million to former students who were sexually abused in its care over a span of decades.

. . .

Just thought I would keep things going by bring the latest updates on institutional abuse of children.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Order of Quebec’s Brother André admits to sex abuse, agr
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 11:30:54 PM »
There is something sort of chilling when I read about this. I've almost gotten used to hearing about abuse from programs. When I hear about it from a guy like this though.. the sense of wrongness is just more painfully there or something.

Dunno how to describe it.

Maybe I'm just acclimatized to hearing about programmies raping and torturing and expect more from men and women of the cloth.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »