General Interest > Thought Reform

The Greatest Speech Ever Made

<< < (2/2)

Anonymous:

Xelebes:

--- Quote from: "DannyB II" ---
--- Quote from: "Xelebes" ---I find the speech rather trite.
--- End quote ---

This doesn't surprise anyone here or probably anyone in your life. I bet most consider you a spiteful arrogant ass yourself.
That I consider trite.
--- End quote ---

It's trite in that there is no honest introspection by the producers, directors and actors within the movie - it is another of the anti-Nazi propaganda at the time while shying the eye away from North America's own fascism of the time, our own holocaust that we glibly overlook.  Hollywood would then go on to release movies where the persecution and massacre of Anishinaabe, Blacks, Asians and Arabs would be glorified.

Glad you could entertain the critique with a response.

Ursus:

--- Quote from: "Xelebes" ---
--- Quote from: "DannyB II" ---
--- Quote from: "Xelebes" ---I find the speech rather trite.
--- End quote ---
This doesn't surprise anyone here or probably anyone in your life. I bet most consider you a spiteful arrogant ass yourself.
That I consider trite.
--- End quote ---
It's trite in that there is no honest introspection by the producers, directors and actors within the movie - it is another of the anti-Nazi propaganda at the time while shying the eye away from North America's own fascism of the time, our own holocaust that we glibly overlook.  Hollywood would then go on to release movies where the persecution and massacre of Anishinaabe, Blacks, Asians and Arabs would be glorified.

Glad you could entertain the critique with a response.
--- End quote ---
Well, there couldn't be any honest introspection going on, there was a huge propaganda campaign underway to cover all that shit up. Which this movie was certainly a part of. And which... is still very much in progress.

Nevertheless, I find such period pieces very telling on contextual levels.

signed,
another "spiteful arrogant ass"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version