Author Topic: Church allowed to grow POT  (Read 1467 times)

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Church allowed to grow POT
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:56:07 PM »
http://www.kirotv.com/news/29248414/detail.html

Almost a contradiction in itself...........

Loophole Means Anacortes Man Can Grow Marijuana Near Anacortes School -- For Now

Lee Stoll
KIRO 7 Eyewitness News North Sound Reporter

Posted: 4:35 pm PDT September 20, 2011
Updated: 6:02 pm PDT September 20, 2011

ANACORTES, Washington -- A pot-growing church in Anacortes is under fire from community members, but as parents of a nearby elementary school have discovered, a loophole is preventing police from doing anything about it.

KIRO 7 first talked with Peter Jackson at his home in June. The licensed minister had no problem showing us his marijuana garden.

A few days prior to our visit, two elementary students had climbed Jackson's fence, found the marijuana grow and told teachers. But police said Jackson's 30 marijuana plants were protected by his medical marijuana permit.

"We don't believe we need paperwork for how many plants we grow or how much weed we're allowed to smoke," Jackson told KIRO 7 in June.

Jackson declined to speak with us Tuesday.

Loophole Keeps Jackson's Marijuana Crop Protected

Jackson's church is right on the city/county line, and just through a patch of trees to Mount Erie Elementary.

In June, the state Legislature gave police departments the power to regulate "collective marijuana gardens." Up to 10 patients can grow medical marijuana together, and officers can decide how far they have to be from schools and youth centers.

But Anacortes police Chief Bonnie Bowers said the law doesn't apply to Jackson because he's only growing marijuana for two people.

"I don't believe where he's at that he will fit in to what I at least envision that regulation looking like," she said.

Community Members Want Marijuana Grow Shut Down

Bowers' view of Jackson's grow didn't sit well with parents KIRO 7 spoke with Tuesday.

"That's not all right," Jenna Snyder of Anacortes said. "Our kids can stumble upon it. Who knows what they'll do with it. It's not OK."

"I really think that children should be protected from that kind of activity," Diane Canington of Anacortes said.

Right now, most cities in Washington have a moratorium on collective gardens while they figure out what the rules should be. Anacortes officials are scheduled to meet next month to consider taking up a moratorium of their own.
Copyright 2011 by KIROTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

printemaillinkShare this:twitterfacebookmorecomment[5]Text Size:AAA
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: Church allowed to grow POT
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 01:45:33 PM »
[attachment=0:2er1pipb]W.W.J.S..jpg[/attachment:2er1pipb]
?©?€~¥@

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 02:19:43 PM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 09:46:48 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »
Fucking awesome. I really wish more people had the cajones to do stuff like this.

It's trite, but true -- even if you don't like pot, you have to admit the drug laws in this country are generally a bunch of profiteering bullshit.

And anyway, freedom of religion. Jah Rastafari.

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 03:21:46 AM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Fucking awesome. I really wish more people had the cajones to do stuff like this.

It's trite, but true -- even if you don't like pot, you have to admit the drug laws in this country are generally a bunch of profiteering bullshit.

And anyway, freedom of religion. Jah Rastafari.

I hate pot.......tried it when I was younger. Made me feel paranoid, hungry and itchy.

No big deal though, just wasn't my cup of tea. So many people benefit from it so I am a big proponent of decriminalization and legalization. A lot of people suffer in this world and pot seems to be a godsend for many.

Too many judge this medication without knowing much about the facts. But I think legalization is coming and since the economy is in the toilet, it will probably be coming quicker due to the enormous revenue potential and freed up jail space that would ensue.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com