Author Topic: TEAM Fornits! Attack therapy investigation time!  (Read 4489 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
TEAM Fornits! Attack therapy investigation time!
« on: September 20, 2011, 07:34:17 PM »
I need some questions answered...

What is attack therapy?

Who invented it?

What juicy dirt can be dug up on the person or persons behind it? Were they ever arrested for something really sick? And yes I'm looking to tarnish the image and reputation of attack therapy by going after the creator's personal and professional life.

Is there anyone on record with a long list of professional credentials who has debunked attack therapy?

I'll be working on this also, I'm just not posting some vague article and wanting all my homies to do the work. Someone told me about attack therapy being used on a kid and I was utterly astonished. I'd like to create an organized body of information for refuting it if that doesn't already exist. Probably post it up on the fornits wiki if Oscar the grouch doesn't do it for me.

Love you Oscar!

*coughs* no homo....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM Fornits! Attack therapy investigation time!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 07:40:32 PM »
http://www.politicsofwellbeing.com/2010 ... forum.html

Found this right off.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... not good so far.

The basis of my story is that someone got enrolled into attack therapy and was accosted by several people and followed in public and had accusations leveled against them.

I can't imagine a worst thing that could happen to a 16 year old ffs.

Offline the prodgidal son

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:30:20 PM »
Oh dear.. Daddy Chuck goes mainstream eh?

Attack therapy is part of the game at Synonan. Went onto to SEED, STraight, Erhard's looney bunch, Landmark forums.

Never heard of it being used in public though. That bears some scrutiny in itself, quite brazen in fact. I always thought most programs and weekend rent a cults liked doing their thing behind closed doors.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »
"Attack therapy" predates Synanon by about a decade and a half. Y'all need to look into "group therapy" as practiced at the Fort Knox "Rehabilitation" Center for military offenders during World War II.

Just sayin' ...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 07:15:53 PM »
I'm more looking for specific practioners of the Attack Therapy arts (Harry Potter reference) who ply their trade in the eyes of the public.

That's interesting information though and I suspect it connects somewhat to the shell shock treatment? I remember my grandpa telling me how they treated it in the British Army. Might as well have resorted to voo doo dolls in my opinion. They sent the poor sod home a complete mess afterwards and not a single bit of effort to follow up on it.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:06:48 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I'm more looking for specific practioners of the Attack Therapy arts (Harry Potter reference) who ply their trade in the eyes of the public.

That's interesting information though and I suspect it connects somewhat to the shell shock treatment? I remember my grandpa telling me how they treated it in the British Army. Might as well have resorted to voo doo dolls in my opinion. They sent the poor sod home a complete mess afterwards and not a single bit of effort to follow up on it.
Well, the real point to it all was not so much the practice of mental health as it was to increase the number of functioning bodies on the battlefield. As well as to recoup the investment in training, etc. already made.

It really is quite interesting that both the Americans and the Brits seemingly came up with this methodology "independently" and at the same time. The whole group think peer pressure stuff also came in handy, I imagine, for enhancing cohesiveness amongst the troops during extreme duress. They could function better as a unit, like a well oiled machine.

I've managed to find some earlier sources for this methodology (albeit in somewhat different format) in work focused on reducing adolescent gang activity in Chicago during the mid 1930s. Small wonder that city is such a mecca for folks studying Organizational Psychology.

----&·

Anyway, back to the focus of this thread, might you be looking for someone of the ilk of Fritz Perls of Gestalt Therapy fame (not to be confused with Gestalt Theory)? Alexander Everett (Mind Dynamics), William Penn Patrick (Leadership Dynamics, Holiday Magic), or Bob Hoffman or Claudio Naranjo (Hoffman Quadrinity Process) from early LGATs?

LGAT spinoffs from Mind Dynamics include est and Lifespring (amongst many others).
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 12:03:44 AM »
What I'm thinking of is someone hired a therapist or a drug rehab to follow a person in public chanting, "Druggie! Druggie! Druggie!" or something to that effect. Don't know exactly what was being said, but it was public.. visceral.. and apparently they got away with it.

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 05:42:39 PM »
I think it might come out of Pentecostal tradition.  "Out You Demon!" kinda stuff.

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 03:42:12 PM »
To expand on that further, it's the easiest to re-affirm a judgment than make a judgment and that is what gets a lot of these directors in trouble.  That they base their past experience and solely rely on it causes them to feed on themselves and quite often, this is convincing for others.  That's where you get the cult following.

Offline smith33

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 02:47:52 PM »
Wow! how a straight mind can think of such a kind of therapy!
this is really strange to me!
Dani