Author Topic: Betty Sembler quote  (Read 8896 times)

Offline Scott Free

• View Profile
Betty Sembler quote
« on: May 23, 2002, 10:00:00 AM »
Talking about marijuana initiatives:

"It is about softening public opinion to promote the acceptance that to chemically alter one's mind is an inherent right."

Now, what right did she have to alter peoples minds?

I'd rather be high the rest of my life, than to ever think like she does! :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Betty Sembler quote
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2002, 12:31:00 PM »
What really gets me is the pure evil that resides in this woman's heart.  Its not even really for money....or fame....power is certainly an issue, but she does what she does because she likes it.

I had tears in my eyes at reading her "get a life" comment.  Get a life Betty?  I had one before Straight took it away from me.  If I understand correctly YOU are the one who should be paying up on that debt!!!  Its people like her and the rest of the goverment lap-dogs who are going to pay with their souls.  I dont know what awaits us after we die...but I do believe we reap what we sow, now and eternally.  

I wish dear old Betty could experience all the pain and fear and hopelessness of each and every one of us, all at the same time.  In my mind that would be the most just reward for her.  For all of them.  

They truly feel that the cracking and breaking of childrens minds under their feet as they tread through this "war" is the undeniable sound of victory.  

It breaks my heart.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Betty Sembler quote
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 01:22:00 PM »
On 2002-05-23 07:00:00, Scott Free wrote:
Talking about marijuana initiatives:

"It is about softening public opinion to promote the acceptance that to chemically alter one's mind is an inherent right."

Now, what right did she have to alter peoples minds?

I'd rather be high the rest of my life, than to ever think like she does! :lol:

Scott, where'd you see this? I'd love to read the whole thing.

See, Betty &Co. also believe that "chemically alter one's mind is an inherent right." They just don't think it's YOUr right or MY right. They think it's THEIR right to alter OUR minds chemically and otherwise (Rittalin and Adderall for the kiddies, fluoride in everyone's water, censorship and manipulation of our media...)

I once saw a great bumper sticker; "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." Then I saw a commercial on the idiot box that basically said "If you're among the millions of Americans who feel generally anxious about what's going on in our world, here... take a little pill and forget aaaaallll about it."

They don't want anyone smoking pot because some people (maybe most) become more lucid in some ways when they smoke pot. Granted, you might burn 3 pans full of popcorn in a row by forgetting to shake the pan. But what were you thinking about that was so much more interesting than popcorn?

That's wtf Betty's afraid of. You may have been going over in your mind a great array of different info and putting the pieces together.

"Stop it now!", cries Betty, "Before you see the whole bloody picture and your place in it!!" (slavery)

Anonymity Anonymous

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2002-05-23 10:25 ]

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Scott Free

• View Profile
Betty Sembler quote
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2002, 05:00:00 PM »
There's only one place for people like Betty Sembler. Her ticket's already stamped. :wink:

I read the book 1984 in High School and it scared the shit out of me then. I read it again on a trip to NYC last Dec. It scared the shit out of me more! B.S. (haha, great initials for her) reminds me of a character right out of that book!

She won't win though, because the truth is not on her side. Sad.

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Betty Sembler quote
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2002, 12:31:00 PM »
couldnt agree more.
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Betty Sembler quote
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2002, 03:20:00 PM »
Ginger, now I am concerned that the flouride in the water is affecting my mind.  I had thought it was just for teeth...could you clarify?  Thanks.

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Betty Sembler quote
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2002, 03:30:00 PM »
I am not Ginger but my own ideas on Floride (sp?) in the water is just basically don't put anything in my water! Cows and People had teeth prior to floridated water and if they are putting one thing into the water they could be putting anything in there. Trust no one really. Case in Point Straight. I don't want people putting shit in my water in my air filming me testing me for drugs or anything else without my consent and the opportunity to research it. Living so close to Woodstock NY and sharing the same water supply ours is not floridated. The hippies won't let that shit fly. But the resivior I think is, we are living in the NYC watershed area. Cops Galore over here now! take care kady :grin:
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
    • http://360.yahoo.com/cleopatra2u
Betty Sembler quote
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2002, 05:41:00 PM »
On 2002-05-23 10:22:00, Antigen wrote:
Scott, where'd you see this? I'd love to read the whole thing.

The full article is at http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2072.html  It's a long article -- 9 printed pages -- so here is just the part with Betty quotes:

During recent Congressional testimony, Sembler delineated her absolutist views.

"I am the president and founder of Drug Free America Foundation, Inc an organization whose mission is to expose the hidden agenda of those who wish to legalize all Schedule I drugs in our country," Sembler said. "Their agenda includes subverting Federal supremacy, manipulating public opinion, and perpetrating a fraudulent marketing campaign touted as compassion for the sick. We've all witnessed this campaign, some of us agape at the blatant untruths used to convince voters in eight states and the District of Columbia that smoked crude marijuana is really 'medicine' dressed up to look like a weed. These drug pushers in coat and tie are intent on using any means possible to market addictive, unsafe, life-threatening substances to our children.

"In a clear violation of Federal drug laws and the Constitution's supremacy clause," claimed Sembler, "these businessmen disguised as medical experts, using tactics worthy of the Goebbels award, distort truth, eschew legitimate research, manufacture 'facts' and bombard the public with disinformation. We already know what their motivation is. It is documented by their own words, and certainly by their own actions. The only thing standing in their way is the Constitution of the United States of America. To sweep away the protection offered by that august document, the money bags have employed wordsmiths so they can hide behind the First Amendment, and therefore cleverly use the word "recommend" as a euphemism for prescribe.

"If you read the fine print on any of the initiatives," continued Sembler, "or examine the tactics that are being used in states that have no initiative process, it becomes very clear that this is not about compassion, and it is not about medicine. It is about softening public opinion to promote the acceptance that to chemically alter one's mind is an inherent right. The premise is that old excuse about a victimless crime. There is no such thing as a victimless crime. The parents of this nation are helpless without you as our elected representatives stepping up to the plate and telling the American people the truth: 'you have been misled.'"

At the 2001 Florida drug summit, I asked Sembler about critics of Straight and her other anti-drug activities.

"They should get a life," Sembler said impatiently. "I am proud of everything we have done. There's nothing to apologize for. The legalizers are the ones who should be apologizing."

I think ol' Betty needs to lighten up.  Maybe drink a Cosmopolitan (old-lady drink) and smoke a J.  :wink:

Mindi

[ This Message was edited by: Cleopatra2U on 2002-05-24 14:42 ]
he trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Offline Scott Free

• View Profile
Betty Sembler quote
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2002, 07:25:00 PM »
Cleo - Thank you for finding that. I was looking high and low.

The Sembler's represent to me what's really wrong with the world. Sad.

I am not a survivor, but I knew many that got rail-roaded into The Seed. It makes my blood boil to know that while I was enjoying my teen years, others just like me, were being tortured right up the street, by the Semblers!

It's people (using the term loosly here)  like them that need to be locked up!

That would be sweet.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Betty Sembler quote
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2002, 07:45:00 PM »
Fluoride Action Network
An International Coalition to End Water Fluoridation
                             and Alert People to Fluoride's Health and Environmental Risks
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

dragonfly

Re: Betty Sembler quote
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 06:58:50 AM »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 09:45:20 AM »
Quote from: "dragonfly"
Betty Sembler Day...August 8th

how are YOU gonna celebrate?

::puke::

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »

Goddamn right it is.  If you don't have freedom of mind, or the freedom to alter your own consciousness as you see fit, then you have no rights whatsoever.  This evil cunt, Betty Sembler, shows her true colors as the fascist, wannabe mind-controller that she is.  Fuck her and all of her ilk.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
Quote from: "RTP2003"

Goddamn right it is.  If you don't have freedom of mind, or the freedom to alter your own consciousness as you see fit, then you have no rights whatsoever.  This evil cunt, Betty Sembler, shows her true colors as the fascist, wannabe mind-controller that she is.  Fuck her and all of her ilk.

:notworthy:  :rasta:  :tup:

Offline rules

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 11:37:50 PM »
You guys need to relax because Betty Sembler helped troubled teenagers.  She had their best interests at heart!