Author Topic: Had any good nightmares, lately?  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: Had any good nightmares, lately?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/ann-romney-says-shell-work-with-troubled-teens-as-first-lady-3/#comment-6596482

Since the 'scared' emoticon is gone, I'll settle for:  ::puke::

Offline Awake

• View Profile
Re: Had any good nightmares, lately?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 01:23:45 AM »
Crapped my magic underwear a little.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Romney's Cruel Canine Vacation
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 01:53:39 AM »
Quote from: "Awake"
Crapped my magic underwear a little.
That certainly brings to mind the experience of Seamus, the family's Irish Setter, and his reaction to being stuck in an animal carrier strapped to the top of a station wagon during a 12-hour trip from Boston to Ontario. From the article, "Romney's Cruel Canine Vacation" (by Ana Marie Cox; June 27, 2007; Time):

...Ingrid Newkirk, president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, was less circumspect. PETA does not have a position on Romney's candidacy per se, but Newkirk called the incident
"a lesson in cruelty that was ... wrong for [his children] to witness...Thinking of the wind, the weather, the speed, the vulnerability, the isolation on the roof, it is commonsense that any dog who's under extreme stress might show that stress by losing control of his bowels: that alone should have been sufficient indication that the dog was, basically, being tortured." Romney, of course, has expressed support for the use of "enhanced interrogation" techniques when it comes to terrorists; his campaign did not return repeated calls and emails about the treatment of his dog.[/list][/size]
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Ann Romney Says She'll Work With Troubled Teens as First Lad
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »
Here's the full of that short political ABC News blog linked to in the OP:

The Note
By Russell Goldman
Oct 5, 2011 6:33pm

Ann Romney Says She'll Work With Troubled Teens as First Lady

At a campaign stop in Iowa, Ann Romney, wife of GOP frontrunner Mitt Romney, said working with "at risk" kids would be the cause she devotes herself to if she becomes first lady.

"At risk youth has been a concern of mine and love of mine for a lot of years," she said.

Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, hinted that his wife would choose to work with troubled young people if he were elected president as he campaigned in Florida earlier this week.

# #

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Comments: "Ann Romney Says She'll Work With Troubled Teens..
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 05:51:22 PM »
Comments left for the above blog piece, "Ann Romney Says She'll Work With Troubled Teens as First Lady" (by Russell Goldman; Oct 5, 2011; ABC News - The Note):

Posted by: huge | October 5, 2011, 6:39 pm 6:39 pm
    a little early to be picking out the drapes
Posted by: Thomas Moore | October 6, 2011, 10:46 am 10:46 am
    I'd like to know why her husband's company, Bain Capital, owns the Aspen Schools with have lots of allegations for abuse.

Would you also ask her about her husbands connections with Robert Litchfield, the owner of the WWASP programs which were closed due to abuse and Mel Sembler, the founder of Straight Inc which has over 40 suicides directly linked to it and thousands of brainwashed kids walking around today as adults?

And how her husband has Mel Sembler as his finance campaign manager and had to ask Robert Litchfield to step down last election due to the law suits he was facing?

She has no idea what's in store for her....thousands of abused kids will start speaking out. I am one of those that was abused by Mel Sembler as a child.
Posted by: Drew Ramsauer | October 6, 2011, 11:02 am 11:02 am
    I would also like her to answer for her husbands connections to Robert Litchfield, founder of the worlwide association of specialty programs whom had had more than half of their "schools" shut down by FOREIGN governments due to allegations of child abuse (trust me these allegations are credible, I was in one of these places myself).

If Romney becomes President he is going to be held accountable for the choices that he has made. If that's the result, then he got what he intended to use their words against them.
Posted by: Chelsea | October 6, 2011, 11:08 am 11:08 am
    As someone who attended an overseas WWASP schools, one of the programs that provided a great deal of funding to Romney's campaign, I find it outrageous that he would allow for any further ties to be made between him and this abusive industry. Even the smallest amount of research on the programs that have supported him (which his wife would likely pay back through her involvement) will reveal cases of death, neglect, abuse, and deceptive marketing. This is an outrage and I know that I personally will be speaking out about this issue. I hope that ABC News will present the stories of teens who suffered through this industry an outlet as well, in the effort to be balanced. "Help" should never come at the cost of abuse.
Posted by: James | October 6, 2011, 3:04 pm 3:04 pm
    The sheer irony and horror to see such a lady associated with so many monsters claim to even want to help the children who suffered do to the company her and her husband choose to keep. Her campaign (the campaign of her husband) is funded from the abuse, manipulation, and death of troubled youth. The suffering of youth was and is mere road bumps ignored and cast aside in the power and political growth of the Romney Empire. If they choose not to protect or help our youth, the future of our country, then how can we hope to even trust them with our nation? If she is serious about what she claims then I would like to see her push for The Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens ACT of 2011 to show she is willing to go against the abusers she has associated herself with and begin to reform the troubled teen industry. If not then it is more mere political promises that were never meant to be kept.
Posted by: carci | October 6, 2011, 4:25 pm 4:25 pm
    Ann Romney will work with troubled teens if Mitt's elected? Why wait? Do some good now, Ann; if your heart is truly in it, you should act now. Judging from what I've read on these posts, you have a lot of work to do to fix some broken kids with connections to the schools. I wouldn't vote for Mitt is he is nominated anyway, and I admit to be quite uninformed about the schools because I avoid reading Republican's bios, but I will make it a point to read up on this one. Then, when I ask others to not vote Republican, I'll have a bit more substance to back it up with.
Posted by: Whitney | October 7, 2011, 12:29 pm 12:29 pm
    Carci, I reccommend you research WWASP, Straight Inc., and Robert Lichfield himself. Those are the kinds of people this woman plans on working with.
Posted by: Bj Jones | October 9, 2011, 4:26 am 4:26 am
    joy behar clones. I live about 3 streets from Bob Litchfields wife in LaVerkin Ut, and have known the family for 30+ years. They are divorced. They have met Mitt Romney once, Patti said, and it was a "hi and a handshake." Mitt wouldn't know the litchfields from adam. It amazes me how one women gets on here and conjures up some imagined connection, and the witches w/ a "b" jump in and start snarling for blood. This women has suffered so much, and yet has been a wonderful wife, mother, and grandmother. In today's Lady Gaga society, that's just discusting isn't ladies. Wait, never mind the ladies.
Posted by: OperationTailGunner | October 21, 2011, 2:55 pm 2:55 pm
    Mitt Romneys relationship with Mel Sembler and his followers like Robert Litchfield are just the tip of the iceberg of well documented cases of torture and abuse. I am certain that torture and child abuse are not Mormon core values...

But wait...it gets better...Mitts primary money man Mel Sembler founded operation Straignt Inc. which was shut down for client abuse. Sembler while Ambassador to Italy also facilited kidnapping and enhanced interrogation of terrorist suspects.

Most troubling is Semblers involvement in the lead-up to the Iraq war. Sembler facilitated the creators of the original false WMD Intell used to start the Iraq war.

Google "Sembler" and "phase2b.pdf", Open the Senate Intelligence Report and drill down to page 17 to read about Semblers involvement.

We should expect similiar activties by Sembler if Mitt Romney is elected. Bomb Bomb Bomb....Bomb Bomb Iran....will become Romneys campaign theme song...
Posted by: Karen | November 7, 2011, 9:46 am 9:46 am
    Whitney: Chatting with Bob's Ex does not an informed mind make. I am no Joy Bear clone. I have never voted for a democrat in a national election in my life. I am fairly conservative in my views with a bend towards Libertarianism. I am also very familiar with Mr. Romney's associations. I know who Mel Sembler is. I know even better who Robert Litchfield is. I know both men work/worked closely with Romney and his campaigns. This is unforgivable. If Romney is nominated I will not be voting for the Republican candidate in this election. No way at all I could bring myself to do that. But hey – if you know Bob's ex maybe you can help us get in touch with Narvin's ex – there are those who would like to have a friendly chat with her.
Posted by: Karen | November 7, 2011, 9:51 am 9:51 am
    Editing – I mistook who posted what. My comment to Whitney should have gone to *BJ Jones*.
    Also, I kept getting an err message so will try again –

BJ Jones:

"Chatting with Bob's Ex does not an informed mind make. I am no Joy Bear clone. I have never voted for a democrat in a national election in my life. I am fairly conservative in my views with a bend towards Libertarianism. I am also very familiar with Mr. Romney's associations. I know who Mel Sembler is. I know even better who Robert Litchfield is. I know both men work/worked closely with Romney and his campaigns. This is unforgivable. If Romney is nominated I will not be voting for the Republican candidate in this election. No way at all I could bring myself to do that. But hey – if you know Bob's ex maybe you can help us get in touch with Narvin's ex,
[Flora] there are those who would like to have a friendly chat with her. "[/list]

# #