Author Topic: invitation to speak on national radio about programs  (Read 8203 times)

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Re: invitation to speak on national radio about programs
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 12:31:32 AM »
Mark Levine's reply To Cliff:

I have formally invited Clifford Brownstein, Executive Director of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) to speak on the show.

He told me that he declined to participate on the grounds that he did not have enough time to prepare (He had only known about the show as of Monday) and that the title of my show proved I was focusing on the negative aspects of these programs.  

I told him I always encourage dissenting voices on my show, that I had no doubt that some people have had some positive experience with some of these programs, and I strongly encouraged him to ask some of those people to call in. In fact, I challenged him, saying that a man in his position should be able to easily find people who have had positive experiences in his organizations' programs.

As of this writing, he has declined to participate. I have strongly urged him to reconsider and I hope he does.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 07:25:46 AM »
Jan Moss, lol... there is some epic footage for you.

"SO JUST WHAT DOES NATSAP DO????" or something like that.

Will have a listen later on and I hope it doesn't turn into a straight inc, straight inc, straight inc, elan, elan, straight inc, elan, wwasp, straight inc, straight inc.... call in sort of show.

Though its more of a backhanded compliment towards the Straight crowd as they seem to be a bit more organized than most other alumni groups, probably due to the time they've had to come together as a community.

I'd call in but I don't think I'm the best person to represent former-goons for hire. Plenty of other well spoken individuals who don't have pictures of their testicles on the internet who have the dubious distinction of being a former-goon/paid. That rich guy who said sorry for his crimes comes to mind. Maybe MBHB of the 3 springs goon for hire alumni crowd.

I know a guy from facebook who has like a PhD or something who worked at some program in Texas. Damn, he told me some fuuuucked up stories about that place, made me feel positively tame in comparison.

Prolly too late now, if he ever makes a request for former staff/thugs drop me a line. I'll send out a few messages.

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 08:10:01 AM »
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »
Seems to me the host could have better prepared. He didn't seem up to speed on the TTI.It's like he never even heard of Elan.He kept asking one woman if her program was in "Iran". Right after he just got through talking to somebody else from Elan. I know it's good to have an advocate in the media,but someone needs to smarten him up on the real history of the TTI.
Straight was not the first program. Remember Sembler basically inherited his program (clients and all) from the seed. And their roots go back to synanon and AA. We'll see how part 2 does. I'll still download and keep these shows archived.
?©?€~¥@

dragonfly

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 04:36:52 PM »

Offline 325troll

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
Sometimes I think maybe this is just a way to get everybody's IP addresses and hack the survivor community...everybody all streaming in there. I'm getting weird email spam since last night.

Paranoid!   :twofinger:  :twofinger:  :twofinger:  :twofinger:  :twofinger:

dragonfly

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »
Small cleansing breathes dude...

and then relax...

I talked to Antigen on facefook last night. She said she tried calling in but the lines were jammed. Would not have minded hearing she got a little airtime.

If you think about it.. she should be in the "expert" category for tonight. Is anyone fascinating on the line up tonight or is it a redux of the GAO hearing where Cafety plus a few Bazeleon folks had the floor? I saw a few comments on facebook alluding to as much.

This would be a great opportunity for that SIA group I've been hearing about to get some air-time. Maybe even just as great for of the more lessor known programs to have their say.

Good that Levine gives a shit though, coz in the end the entire issue could use all the air-time it can get.

dragonfly

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 08:33:20 PM »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 09:49:01 PM »
Dragonfly, Maybe you're not that paranoid. Sometimes when I search around the net and I go to different types of sites, the spam I get is alot of the times related to my searches. I'm sure it's automated,and nothing to worry about. Just spammers.
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 09:54:25 PM »
And a way to avoid the commercials is to wait until the show has been saved on his site,they cut out all of them for their archive. But then you can't call in live,which is just about impossible anyway. Notice, nobody plugged fornits?
?©?€~¥@

dragonfly

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 09:56:36 PM »

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Mark Levine 9/15 & 9/16 Broadcast re: Abusive Programs
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 12:23:35 AM »
I haven’t yet had a chance to listen to Thursday night’s show, but after tuning in for the second of the two part broadcast tonight, I think, (especially considering the scope of the TTI and the many far reaches of it ranging from so called therapeutic boarding schools, wilderness programs, religious academies and varieties of drug TCs, psych units etc.…so much ground to cover) Mark Levine has done a great job of bringing the voices of survivors of abusive programs and the reality of the plight of kids who are still in jeopardy of these abuses to his audience.

Kisses blown and tearful ovation to everyone who called in, got through and spoke out.
http://marklevinetv.com/?p=9046  <What’s Worse than Teen-Age Drug Abuse? Drug Programs Abusing Teenagers
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 12:25:34 AM »
I used to be very paranoid (overly cautious) and I think sometimes there are good reasons to be on the lookout. But then I realized that I wasn't that important and worrying about impending doom wouldn't help me anyway.

So I decided to not be so cautious. And now I am as mellow as a jelly bean.

I only carry 2 guns now.

:)
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 01:01:08 AM »
Quote from: "wdtony"
I used to be very paranoid (overly cautious) and I think sometimes there are good reasons to be on the lookout. But then I realized that I wasn't that important and worrying about impending doom wouldn't help me anyway.

So I decided to not be so cautious. And now I am as mellow as a jelly bean.

I only carry 2 guns now.

:)

I will vouch that this is a massive improvement for WDtony.

:seg:

And Antigen did try to get on the air, she got the busy signal every single time she tried. I think maybe next time he ought to consider scheduling his calls or something.

Not overjoyed about Miller. I think he's completely deluded on the impact that licensing will have on programs. I worked in two licensed programs and it didn't do jack squat for them. The entire tree is rotted from the roots on up.

I hear the SIA lady had a chance to speak. That's good they got a pretty happening new organization with a pretty nifty sounding conference scheduled for the future. Good on them.