Author Topic: My Name is Raju, and I am an Asshole  (Read 1451 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
My Name is Raju, and I am an Asshole
« on: September 19, 2011, 06:49:31 PM »
Experts in Addiction Video
"Addiction by definition is a disease of impaired control over the use of a psychoative substance...This is not something that kids will grow out of because an adolescent brain as it's developing if it's exposed to psychoactive substances even in small amounts, even where the abuse may not be excessive, the trigger to addiction happens very, very quickly."

Raju sentences you to life in the throes of disease.  So apparently because the trigger to addiction happens quickly, kids won't grow out of the disease.  Thanks for clarifying that for us, Raju.

http://www.aarc.ab.ca/media.php
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: My Name is Raju, and I am an Asshole
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 11:17:31 PM »
Nice thread title! I felt compelled to follow the link to see for myself what the erudite pontificator in question looked like, and there's this nice bio already made for copy-paste (excerpt below).

I like the specificity of his stats; makes it nice and easy for folk to actually verify his avowed credentials. Classy touch!

Experts in Addiction

Dr. Raju Hajela, Physician, international speaker and consultant on addiction medicine.

As a prominent physician, speaker and consultant on addiction medicine, occupational health and chronic pain, Dr Raju Hajela has held leadership positions in medical organizations nationally and internationally. His lectures and workshops have been delivered worldwide to professionals, corporations, government, community organizations and to the general public on health and well-being.[/list]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
      • http://www.pfctruth.com
    « Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 12:45:53 AM »
    I see this guy is taking the approach speaking of neural transmission alterations as if he has actually seen it himself. Sorry Raju, no one has seen this and even though something is happening in the brain when drugs are presented, no one knows exactly what those factors are.

Does this disease model also apply to kids who are convinced by a drug program that they have done drugs even if they have not?

I wonder what he thinks about kids on prescription drugs for adhd or depression. Does this also cause a lifelong addiction? Either way, how would he know?
    Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »
    Hogg doesn't offer up anything better:  "The real dangers of drug and marijuana use aren't appreciated by people who are involved in those kinds of behaviors."  The statement is ridiculous.  Doctors or dentists who develop drug dependence don't understand the dangers inherent in their behavior?  How does AARC manage to find people with such lofty credentials who are willing to make completely illogical, unsupportable statements on the record?  She sums up by saying that she has no idea how to predict whether harmful things will happen to marijuana users or not.  Thanks for clearing that up, Doc. http://www.aarc.ab.ca/
    "AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
    assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
    Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
    Canadian West."
    Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992