Author Topic: WWASP Abuse Case to be filed in State Court  (Read 6370 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Comments: "Troubled-teen schools subject of lawsuit"
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 07:49:38 PM »
The above Amy Joi O'Donoghue article posted by Oscar, "Utah-based troubled-teen schools subject of lawsuit," didn't get any comments via its Deseret News location. However, it was also published on the website of a local television station, where it did eventually muster up a few...

Comments left for the article, "Troubled-teen schools subject of lawsuit" (by Amy Joi O'Donoghue; September 7th, 2011; KSL.com):

Pytry · posted 45 days ago
    I used to work as an evening instructor for a special needs school. But this school was nothing like what was discribed in this article. It had clean and open facilities, awesome instructors (maybe I'm biased on that point), and the staff was very patient and kind to all of it's students. It was also an accredited school, and the students worked towards their high school diplomas while in attendance.

The point being, don't let this case bias you towards schools that offer similar services. In general, these types of schools are able to help many of their students change or learn to live with and cope with any problems they have.

Perhaps KSL could do a follow up article about some of the good schools we have here in Utah?
Stifler · posted 45 days ago
    It seems like any time you have a service for troubled youth or adults, you have many lawsuits that follow. Could this be that many view troubled people in general as easy targets? Is it instead that troubled people are often classified as such due to their tendencies to lie and manipulate? Or is it a combination of the two?
    immmykidsdad · posted 45 days ago
      PPl who won't let everyone have an equal say in things are rude.
    [/list]
    Jane H. · posted 45 days ago
      I am shocked to hear this and cannot imagine how these allegations have any basis. My son and my nephew from Arizona, as well as my best friend's son (also from Arizona) have all been through "WWASPS" programs. These programs are amazing! Each of these boys changed their lives in dramatic ways and are all on a good path as a direct result of these programs. We personally never experienced ANY of what the plaintiffs in this lawsuit are claiming. Most students are placed in these for lying, manipulating, and a complete lack of integrity & accountability. I am sad to learn that now they are turning on the schools that they could have been helped by. The real losers in all of this, is THEM.
      Ordinary guy · posted 45 days ago
        Bob has had a huge number of kids go through his programs. And, most of the kids are kids of rich people who have more money than time for those kids. These are the kids, and sometimes parents, that anytime they think they can get something by threatening a law suit, they will.
      [/list]

© 2011 ksl.com | KSL Broadcasting Salt Lake City UT
      « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
      -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
      Re: WWASP Abuse Case to be filed in State Court
      « Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
      Ah, what crap. With as many valid reports of abuse as there have been, there should be federal funding set aside for some seriously in-depth investigations into these places...

More than just "regulation."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      Re: WWASP Abuse Case to be filed in State Court
      « Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 09:29:55 AM »
      WWASPS is the real enemy. They're supposed to help students who are struggling in their home, school or community. They are an empire built on conning parents out of there money, not helping teens. Everyone associated with WWASPS should be imprisoned for inflicting torture on children.