Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Lighthouse of northwest florida (fka VCA )/ Rebekah / Roloff )

Hephzibah House reported on CNN tonight

<< < (2/4) > >>

wdtony:
It looks like a full hour will be aired about this tonight on CNN. Watch it or DVR it if you can. This looks very promising!

from the Anderson Cooper 360 website:

360º Friday

Join us tomorrow for our special hour-long report...Ungodly Discipline: A collision of faith, family, and the law. That's Friday on AC360º at 8pm ET and 10pET

Inculcated:
I watched thank you, and I hope a lot of others will too. The segment covering inquiry about the decades of abuses of girls held at Hephzibah House and Indiana Code 31-27-2 § 7 which prevents much State oversight –along with reference to Lester Roloff Homes did continue in the Anderson Cooper 360° show called Ungodly Discipline. Also featured was Michael Pearl’s Book To train up a child (which was bagged as evidence in the brutal beating death of 7 year old Lydia Schattz)  as well as an interview with Jocelyn Zichterman who grew up with the IFB and explains that the so called "biblical discipline" meted out within that group is done with the expressed intent to break the child’s will.

It becomes a question of more than faith, but rather one of humanity considering how many of these programs (FBCI recipients and others) ultimately do harm to the kids they’re purportedly trying to save by means of rigid indoctrination of beliefs, torment and violence – in so doing damaging the child’s faith in themselves and their community.

Does anyone know if this Hephzibah House is fully privately funded or would these folks at the DOJ have any oversight?

DannyB II:
Fascinating article, investigated well and produced well. Just one thing it was a bit surreal to sit and watch kids being abused physically and know just 36 years ago that was me being beaten for practically the same disciplinary infractions they were. Nothing has changed, really.
This book "To Train Up A Child". I mean really, don't spare the rod. Pearl's quote, "I am not hitting, I am spanking". Kids as early as 5yrs. should be spanked with a switch, spatula, wooden spoon, plumbers PVC pipe until there is pain inflicted. Mrs Pearl talking about a incident when she was breast feeding and her baby bit her, her reaction was to pull the babies hair until it hurt. WTF!!!
Am I missing something here or is all this violence beget violence, does this create unnecessary fear within the child??

none-ya:

--- Quote ---Danny B wrote
"Am I missing something here or is all this violence beget violence"
--- End quote ---

This is almost too easy. So would somesone else please explain it to him? If I do it he will think i'm picking on him.
Little help here..................

DannyB II:

--- Quote from: "none-ya" ---
--- Quote ---Danny B wrote
"Am I missing something here or is all this violence beget violence"
--- End quote ---

This is almost too easy. So would somesone else please explain it to him? If I do it he will think i'm picking on him.
Little help here..................
--- End quote ---

It was rhetorical, wizard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version