Author Topic: Team Rocket  (Read 2430 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Team Rocket
« on: February 09, 2008, 10:18:45 PM »
"Dr. Ray Baker, B.Sc., M.D., CCFP, Certified in Addiction Medicine, Director AMIR, University of British Columbia, in a letter to Diane Mirosh dated August 30, 1993. “I am writing to support a program in Alberta which may very well be one of the best models of treatment of substance use disorders in this whole country.  The program is AARC…I believe that this type of care is both cost effective and treatment effective, while at the same time achieving objectives sought after during this process of health care reform in our country, namely: early prevention and intervention in ambulatory patients by an interdisciplinary team offering community based care."

Here is All About Receiving Cash's interdisciplinary team:

Dr F. Dean Vause
Executive Director
Former employee of Kids of Bergen County, trained under miller Newton.  Not licensed as a psychologist.

Natalie Imbach, B.A., M.Sc
Clinical Director
Entered the adolescent facility as an adult client.  Not a licensed psychologist.

Colin Brown, B.A., M.Sc.
Clinical Director
Former client.  Not a licensed psychologist.

Joan Topilko, RN, Addictions Cert.
Family Therapist
Parent of former client.  Not a licensed psychololgist. 

Bryan Campbell, B.A.,
Clinical Coordinator

Sarah Anderson, B.A., B.A.
Clinical Counselor, Manager of Operation
Stepdaughter of Dean Vause.  Not a licensed psychologist

The disciplines of the team run the entire gamut from former Kids employee to former client to former parent of client to offspring of former Kids employee.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Team Rocket
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 02:48:16 AM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
"Dr. Ray Baker, B.Sc., M.D., CCFP, Certified in Addiction Medicine, Director AMIR, University of British Columbia, in a letter to Diane Mirosh dated August 30, 1993. “I am writing to support a program in Alberta which may very well be one of the best models of treatment of substance use disorders in this whole country.  The program is AARC…I believe that this type of care is both cost effective and treatment effective, while at the same time achieving objectives sought after during this process of health care reform in our country, namely: early prevention and intervention in ambulatory patients by an interdisciplinary team offering community based care."

Dr F. Dean Vause
Executive Director
Former employee of Kids of Bergen County, trained under miller Newton.  Not licensed as a psychologist.

Clinical Director
Entered the adolescent facility as an adult client.  Not a licensed psychologist.

Colin Brown, B.A., M.Sc.
Clinical Director

Family Therapist
Parent of former client.  Not a licensed psychololgist. 

Bryan Campbell, B.A.,
Clinical Coordinator

Stepdaughter of Dean Vause.  Not a licensed psychologist

The disciplines of the team run the entire gamut from former Kids employee to former client to former parent of client to offspring of former Kids employee.

Schedule 7.1

Health Services Restricted Activities

Definitions

1 In this Schedule,
(g) “restricted activity” means an activity named as a restricted activity in section 2;

Restricted activities

2(1) The following, carried out in relation to or as part of providing a health service, are restricted activities:

(p) to perform a psychosocial intervention with an expectation of treating a substantial disorder of thought, mood, perception, orientation or memory that grossly impairs

(i) judgment,

(ii) behaviour,

(iii) capacity to recognize reality, or

(iv) ability to meet the ordinary demands of life;
http://www.qp.gov.ab.ca/Documents/acts/G10.CFM

Offence

4(1) No person shall perform a restricted activity or a portion of it on or for another person unless

(a) the person performing it

(i) is a regulated member as defined in the Health Professions Act, and is authorized to perform it by the regulations under the Health Professions Act,

(ii) is authorized to perform it by a regulation under section 3,

(ii.1) is authorized to perform it by an order under section 3.1, or

(iii) is authorized to perform it by another enactment,

or

(b) the person performing it

(i) has the consent of, and is being supervised by, a regulated member described in clause (a)(i), and

(ii) is permitted to perform the restricted activity under a regulation made under section 131(1)(d)(i) of the Health Professions Act by the council of the college of the regulated member referred to in subclause (i),

and there are regulations made under section 131(1)(d)(ii) of the Health Professions Act by the council of the college of that regulated member respecting how regulated members must supervise persons who provide restricted activities under this clause.

Penalty

5(1) A person who contravenes section 4 is guilty of an offence and liable

(a) for a first offence, to a fine of not more than $5000,

(b) for a 2nd offence, to a fine of not more than $10 000, and

(c) for a 3rd and every subsequent offence, to a fine of not more than $25 000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than 6 months or to both fine and imprisonment.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:44:46 AM »
A nurse is a member of the health professions act. Does that make it ok because they have a former parent acting as nurse in the facility?

I understand they now have ANOTHER Program parent as the nurse in their new program that runs alongside the old one. Why don't they hire nurses that have never been in the program???

And what about the host homes ... there are no health professionals there. And the nurse can't be in all raps etc., that are run at the center.

Offline slynch2112

• View Profile
    • http://tridisha.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:32:59 AM »
Quote from: "A mom"
A nurse is a member of the health professions act. Does that make it ok because they have a former parent acting as nurse in the facility?

I understand they now have ANOTHER Program parent as the nurse in their new program that runs alongside the old one. Why don't they hire nurses that have never been in the program???

And what about the host homes ... there are no health professionals there. And the nurse can't be in all raps etc., that are run at the center.

A Mom,

Seriously? Thats what got them into major trouble in New Jersey. The Host Homes were a form of illegal care. The Bergen County prosecutor threatened my parents, "take your kids out, or we'll do it, and prosecute you for running one of these illegal care establishments in your home".

It was at that point my parents' eyes were opened a tiny bit, still not enough to agree that KIDS caused both my brother and I irreparable harm, or that I needed help beyond brainwashing, or that there is no "cure" for transsexualism beyond transition into the gender that the patient feels the most comfortable in.

The scary thing is, my parents somehow still believe all the lies I was forced to tell everyone, that I did a whole host of drugs, and that somehow the "program" saved my life.

Honestly, I did pot, and alcohol, and alcohol was rare - I didn't like it - like it more now than then. I did pot to be able to party with people all night, and have a roof over my head so I could continue to live out there without any money or food - potheads got the munchies - they fed me well. They enabled me to continue searching for the person I had met a few years earlier that had transitioned from male to female. The enabled me to have some hope that I wouldn't be trapped in the body I was living in for the past 18 years.

I did not do "Alcohol, Pot, Opium, LSD, Mushrooms, Methadone, Morphine, Codeine, blah blah blah" - I didn;t do Methadone or Morphine until it was prescribed for me a few years ago for the PAIN that KIDS caused me physically, even years later.

Yet my parents refuse to believe this, and still believe that me transitioning was a choice. Yes - I choose to give up my family and everything I have - I choose to feel trapped in this body, Yes, I choose to ostracize myself from society, become a third class citizen. I choose to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars so that I can finally feel like I don't have to RIP my genitals off because they "don't feel like they belong there". Or that a male role doesn't sit right with me when I'm interacting with others. That my brain doesn't match my body. Or that maybe its because of a hormone imbalance because of drugs taken when my mother was pregnant. Gee. Maybe its because this is a bizarre BIRTH DEFECT that makes everyone think I was MALE. Its something I wouldn't wish on The Newtons, The Semblers, and The Vauses of the world.

But its a choice.

And the fuckers made my parents believe that, and they'll never believe anything else.

I almost wish they hadn;t decided to pull us out, I probably would have had a chance to sue - the reality of it may  have come back to me sooner than 2001. I would have been able to have some sort of closure.

Instead, my parents somehow believe that I was a complete druggie and was "saved" in there - and that the sacrifice of my brother's innocence was an acceptable thing.

Sorry - this post started about something else - then it all came out - now I'm exhausted - time to go back to sleep.

-T.
--
Siobhan Lynch
CAFETY Board of Advisors
Parent, Systems Administrator, Programmer, Child Rights Activist, Sex Freedom Activist, GLBT Activist
A Proud Autistic Parent of an Autistic Child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »
for the PAIN that KIDS caused me physically, even years later

Why can't you still sue? Why does your parents pulling you out on the prosecutor's orders stop you from suing??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 09:28:21 PM »

Dr F. Dean Vause
Executive Director
Former employee of Kids of Bergen County, trained under miller Newton.  Not licensed as a psychologist.

Clinical Director
Entered the adolescent facility as an adult client.  Not a licensed psychologist.

Colin Brown, B.A., M.Sc.
Clinical Director
Former client.  Not a licensed psychologist.

Family Therapist
Parent of former client.  Not a licensed psychololgist.

Bryan Campbell, B.A.,
Clinical Coordinator

Stepdaughter of Dean Vause.  Not a licensed psychologist

Tom Gilbert (Mr. G) is another "clinical director", former client, also not a psychologist

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 01:23:50 AM »
Quote from: "A mom"

Dr F. Dean Vause
Executive Director
Former employee of Kids of Bergen County, trained under miller Newton.  Not licensed as a psychologist.

Clinical Director
Entered the adolescent facility as an adult client.  Not a licensed psychologist.

Colin Brown, B.A., M.Sc.
Clinical Director

Family Therapist
Parent of former client.  Not a licensed psychololgist.

Bryan Campbell, B.A.,
Clinical Coordinator

Stepdaughter of Dean Vause.  Not a licensed psychologist

Tom Gilbert (Mr. G) is another "clinical director", former client, also not a psychologist
Mr. G is not a former client.  He was on staff back in the day, but a legend had got round about him selling drugs out of the AARC van.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 12:29:57 PM »
I remembered this person from AARC... and asked my son who he was and that's where I got the name. He said he was Mr. G or Tom Gilbert. So he was working there recently. Is he gone now?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 03:23:32 PM »
No idea as to his current status re: AARC.  He was on staff over ten years ago and then left.  He was later working at 1835 House, a 12-step flop-house for adult males.  The legend around AARC in the late nineties was that he was caught selling drugs out of the AARCmobile.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 05:06:17 PM »
Apparently he's back being clinical at AARC, but suffering health problems

Offline parth

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 03:48:46 AM »
when i was doing my certificate iv course in management i also had a friend from AARC..i was very funny