Author Topic: SUICIDE ATTEMPTS AT RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL  (Read 11941 times)

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
SUICIDE ATTEMPTS AT RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL
« on: July 20, 2011, 02:50:56 PM »
WHOOTER, ED KAHN, PARODY, OR ANY OTHER ALIASES WHOOTER USES MAY NOT POST

For years we've been told there were no suicide attempts at HLA/RCS. These documents speak for themselves and there are plenty more to follow.

[attachment=2:aohhbenr]ORS Intake 87919 10_1_2010.pdf[/attachment:aohhbenr]
[attachment=1:aohhbenr]ORS Intake 88735 10_25_2010.pdf[/attachment:aohhbenr]
[attachment=0:aohhbenr]ORS Intake 94081 3_11_2011.pdf[/attachment:aohhbenr]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
Re: SUICIDE ATTEMPTS AT RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 10:49:17 PM »
There are much, much more.  They were covered up.  The full report will be out as soon as possible.  It is quite hectic right now.

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 12:50:21 AM »
And none of them managed to succeed? It looks like at least one of them was pretending as a way into a psychiatric facility and out of the program.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:16:58 AM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
And none of them managed to succeed? It looks like at least one of them was pretending as a way into a psychiatric facility and out of the program.

Again, as has been stated, many of the attempts were covered up and/or not reported. We honestly don't know the depth of the attempts and if anyone died or sustained long-term injuries/health issues (i.e. brain damage) as a result. The corruption and collusion between the owner, the state, and the county is deep BUT people were careless and it's in the process of being exposed.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 03:15:07 PM »
The child and children in question have a history of suicide attempts.  The chidlren should never have been placed at the facility.  Many of the children came from a Mental Health Facility and went back and forth for months.  Several children over the years have brain damage, either from the attmepted suicides by hanging, zip-ties, and the more recent from a severe beating while the child slept.  He suffered broken cheek bones, an air pocket behind his eye, and has been diagnosed with brain damage. It was not reported.

Offline someonesomewhere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 05:56:36 PM »
Jill, do you know what happened to Amy Klemm? She hung herself while I was there, (to the best of my memory) in the spring of 2003. It happened during one of the breaks, and she was airlifted by a ranger helicopter from lower left field. No one who knew her has any idea whatsoever what happened to her. Rumor was she was braindead, but that was just a rumor. A number of people I know who were friends with her would like to find out if she is still alive, how's she's doing, weather or not she's OK. Were you able to dig up any records on her at any point? was her attempt even reported? I would imagine that due to the severity of the incident and the ranger involvement there should be records out there somewhere. This was an especially troublesome incident because she threated to kill herself minutes prior to her doing so, and her counselor said to her "go ahead, make my day". His reaction was defended and justified by the administration and he was not fired.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 08:56:24 PM »
Quote from: "someonesomewhere"
Jill, do you know what happened to Amy Klemm? She hung herself while I was there, (to the best of my memory) in the spring of 2003. It happened during one of the breaks, and she was airlifted by a ranger helicopter from lower left field. No one who knew her has any idea whatsoever what happened to her. Rumor was she was braindead, but that was just a rumor. A number of people I know who were friends with her would like to find out if she is still alive, how's she's doing, weather or not she's OK. Were you able to dig up any records on her at any point? was her attempt even reported? I would imagine that due to the severity of the incident and the ranger involvement there should be records out there somewhere. This was an especially troublesome incident because she threated to kill herself minutes prior to her doing so, and her counselor said to her "go ahead, make my day". His reaction was defended and justified by the administration and he was not fired.

Yes, I remember reading about "Amy's" case very well.  Staff have spoken about it, also.  Amy's "lifeflight" was before out time.  Unless she or her parents as guardians come forward, because of HIPPA laws, any settlement, the info cannot be released. I hope Amy is well enough to see the end of this.  This is for all the children.

You sound okay:)  I am glad.

Offline defeder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 04:07:22 AM »
Since I am new to this forum I would like to start with saying hello, and that I am very impressed with the work of the people who put this together.

Getting down to business, I am looking to write a novel about a young man who finds out his friend has been sent to an abusive alternative program, and tries to get her out. Do to an overwhelming amount of corruption surrounding the program his only choice is to attend himself and obtain evidence of the mistreatment he suspects is taking place. However, I have no first hand experience as my parents never outsourced parenting, so I don't know how to portray my chosen setting. If any of you on this forum are willing to share your stories with me, I would greatly appreciate it, and I have a few questions to ask if anyone is willing to answer.

I can be reached at [email protected], and again, any information you want to give is greatly appreciated.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 01:18:53 PM »
Don't write it. Trust me on this. Don't.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline someonesomewhere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 02:17:48 PM »
really...listen to pile...don't write it. It's a ridiculous plot line. writing a story like that will require a significant departure from reality, and that's not good for anyone. Not for the cause, not for parents, not for the teens that will read the book. For starters,
A. that plot line - "get sent to prison on purpose" - has been used and re-used over and over ad naseum. It's generic as all hell.
 B. no kid would ever get himself set away for that purpose, it's ridiculous beyond comprehension.
C. if it was possible to "get sent away and then collect evidence" we would be doing that already. What the hell do you think fornits has been doing for the last decade? eh? When you're in the program, you're in the program. your hands are tied. You're fucked until your parents wake up and decide otherwise. Even those of us that have mountains of evidence can't do much with it. What..is your protagonist going to walk in on the headmaster anally raping a 12 yr old? or dig up some papers where the owner outright confesses to tax fraud? and even he managed to do that, how will they get that evidence out? these schools are closed societies. What goes in and out is tightly controlled, and they all have an incredible amount of support from local governments so coverups are easy. Just look at how various organizations gave HLA the blind eye for years.

ANYWAY, the issues at hand are much more complex than the examples cited. If it was as simple as tax fraud or sexual assault, it would be easy to get these schools shut down. They wouldnt need some kid to send himself away. The problem with these schools is the "mind-fuck" they put you through and the long-term negative psychological effects of that. PTSD, among other things. It's something that is entirely up for debate, there is no consensus on what's "right" or "wrong" with these schools. The parents think they are doing right, the school thinks they are doing right, half the kids are brainwashed into thinking they are in the right place and going through something necessary.

You don't have any experience to write about that sort of thing and unless you go through it yourself, you can't possibly even begin to comprehend what it's like to have your parents outsource their work. It will end up being some bullshit like that movie "boot camp". It will just sensationalize the issue and make people more skeptical of the truth.

and seriously, what are you doing asking us for help? you want us to write the damn thing for you or something?

Don't write it. Don't embarass yourself and turn this very serious issue into another sensationalistic teen pulp novel. Let the people with credibility do it.

Offline defeder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 11:13:14 PM »
Quote from: "someonesomewhere"
really...listen to pile...don't write it. It's a ridiculous plot line. writing a story like that will require a significant departure from reality, and that's not good for anyone. Not for the cause, not for parents, not for the teens that will read the book. For starters,
A. that plot line - "get sent to prison on purpose" - has been used and re-used over and over ad naseum. It's generic as all hell.
 B. no kid would ever get himself set away for that purpose, it's ridiculous beyond comprehension.
C. if it was possible to "get sent away and then collect evidence" we would be doing that already. What the hell do you think fornits has been doing for the last decade? eh? When you're in the program, you're in the program. your hands are tied. You're fucked until your parents wake up and decide otherwise. Even those of us that have mountains of evidence can't do much with it. What..is your protagonist going to walk in on the headmaster anally raping a 12 yr old? or dig up some papers where the owner outright confesses to tax fraud? and even he managed to do that, how will they get that evidence out? these schools are closed societies. What goes in and out is tightly controlled, and they all have an incredible amount of support from local governments so coverups are easy. Just look at how various organizations gave HLA the blind eye for years.

ANYWAY, the issues at hand are much more complex than the examples cited. If it was as simple as tax fraud or sexual assault, it would be easy to get these schools shut down. They wouldnt need some kid to send himself away. The problem with these schools is the "mind-fuck" they put you through and the long-term negative psychological effects of that. PTSD, among other things. It's something that is entirely up for debate, there is no consensus on what's "right" or "wrong" with these schools. The parents think they are doing right, the school thinks they are doing right, half the kids are brainwashed into thinking they are in the right place and going through something necessary.

You don't have any experience to write about that sort of thing and unless you go through it yourself, you can't possibly even begin to comprehend what it's like to have your parents outsource their work. It will end up being some bullshit like that movie "boot camp". It will just sensationalize the issue and make people more skeptical of the truth.

and seriously, what are you doing asking us for help? you want us to write the damn thing for you or something?

Don't write it. Don't embarass yourself and turn this very serious issue into another sensationalistic teen pulp novel. Let the people with credibility do it.

Well, I didn't expect that strong of a reaction. If I have offended you at all, I apologize, that was not my aim.

A. I am writing fiction, true reality is unobtainable, and boring. Every plot know to man has been done over and over again, there is no such thing as a new story, the trick is in the subtle details, the life you bring to the page. As such I was only seeking information to help generate that detail.

B. Again, this is fiction, characters often do unrealistic things or strong  reasons. I can't tell you whether or not my reason is strong enough to convey suspension of disbelief yet or not, I haven't written it, only worked it out some in my head.

C. Broken record here, but fiction only mirrors reality, it doesn't strive to duplicate it's entirety. There are things in fiction that can be bent, or manipulated. I wont go into plot specifics, because i get the feeling you aren't interested. It's true that I don't have firsthand experience, and that I can never reach the same level of comprehension you and others on this forum have, I only hoped to get a glimpse. Just enough to form a solid frame, a platform to start on.The only thing I will say is that it is targeted to one, specific, program. Not the entire industry. I was going to keep the scope small.

I didn't intend for my book to be a commentary about said programs either way, the thought had not occurred to me, and I admit that I didn't think about the consequences, it was simply the back drop for the novel. I came here because you all know more than me, and I thought it couldn't hurt to ask, the worst thing you could say was what you have, that it's not a good idea.

Lastly, I never asked you or anyone else to write the story for me, only to share any information you were willing to offer so that i could get a better, I repeat, better feel for the chosen subject. Like I said, I have no first hand experience, so I can't create all of the details on my own. Odds are most of the knowledge i was seeking would have never actually seen a page in the novel, but would give me a place to start.

In hindsight, I probably never should have asked. I should have expected more of a reaction from the forum members. I only write this so you can try to understand my intentions, since you seemed so fast to crucify my idea. Either way, thank you for your reply, and I am sorry if you took offense to my post, it was not my intention.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 11:50:49 PM »
The thing is, we've had fictional characters on this board before, some better-written than others, some made up as responses to other fiction. And I'm not kidding when I'm telling you that the book you're planning to write should not be wrote.

If you don't intend for it to be realistic, give the kid either trained, high-lethality unarmed combat skills or just make him flat-out superhuman. Then have him use his abilities the moment he sees an atrocity. Submit the result to a publisher of extremely short, extremely violent stories.

Offline defeder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 12:40:01 AM »
no pile i understand all to well that you mean what you say. I just wanted to try and make my points clear. You are very much entitled to your opinion, and i thank you for sharing it with me. Like i said before, i did not think for any length of time about the consequences of my idea, or the responses it would generate. It's not that i didn't intend for realism, i just meant that as a work of fiction, people understand certain details are bent to allow for the story to flow. I am seriously weighting the outcomes of writing the work, and not writing the work. But the point you make is very valid, and it is something i am considering seriously.