Author Topic: Former Student of Provo Canyon School commits suicide  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former Student of Provo Canyon School commits suicide
« on: January 23, 2007, 06:15:07 PM »
I have very sad news.  One of my best friends, a former student of PCS, Darrel Kilbourne lost his life to suicide January 15, 2007.   He attended PCS 1991-1993.  He left PCS and became addicted to drugs.  That is two former students I know that committed suicide.  So much for the program helping people with mental illness.  

Darrel Kilbourne Hammond, IN Darrel Kilbourne, age 28, of Hammond, passed away on Friday, January 12, 2007 at his residence. Darrel leaves to mourn his passing his mother Susan Kilbourne and her companion Jay Hanson. Darrel's father John Kilbourne; two brothers John (Natalie) Kilbourne and Eric Kilbourne; two sisters: Lauren Kilbourne and Shannon (Joseph) Bircher; maternal grandparents: Ray and Rose Casalin. He is also survived by his aunt Sandy, uncle Michael and special cousin Amber; one niece and four nephews. Darrel was preceded in death by his paternal grandparents Luther and Imogene Kilbourne and one uncle Mark Casalin. Family and friends may gather on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 from 3-8 p.m. at the Chapel Lawn Funeral Home, 8178 Cline Avenue (P.O. Box 109), Schererville, IN 46375. The funeral service will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 at Chapel Lawn Funeral Home, with Fr. Larry Kew officiating. Interment to follow at Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens. In lieu of flowers, donations to the family would be deeply appreciated. For information 219-365-9554.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:23:10 PM »
Sad news & very close to home for me, same date, same names, quite chilling

Be safe in the knowledge that he is now at peace, released from a tortured mind, life just isn't something some people are cut out for

Take care

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
i know you didnt mean to imply anyhting...
but its not that some people arent cut out for life, darling,
its that some people arent cut out for being tortured  in a way that is designed to destroy their mind.

Delicate, soft children cannot survive these places

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 10:10:24 AM »
They can, they do - suicide is a very finely balanced state of mind, people go through some horrendous things, worse than programs, but they still don't commit suicide

It's incredibly sad that this young person felt so desperate  :(

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 12:45:33 PM »
sure not every delicate child who's delicate commits suicide, I should have parsed my words more exactly
but a large proportion INEVITABLEY will!

It's not about having a "sucide finely balanced mind" whatever that means. Im sure there are worse things to do to a person  besides program (not much but it exists) Id say the holocaust ranks up there. Some people threw themselves against electric fences to die- and in those cases too, its not about having a "suicide finely balanced mind"

Dont subject a child to a situation designed to destroy their minds-

a situation that does not exist outside North Korean gulugs(though in those cases it was the govt doing it to you , not your family in conjunction with some madhouse- that makes it a bit tougher)

. If you do that ..sometimes.. you will suceed
You will CREATE a sucide finely balanced mind.

Alot of us know kids who were driven to suicide- what they were before and after program, so get a clue or at least a heart. DOnt imply these kids were inevitable corpses from the day they were born becasue of their suicide "finely blanced minds". Its spitting on graves.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Former Student of Provo Canyon School commits suicide
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 02:13:25 AM »
I am not sure where pcs is but I do no there was more to my friends life than drugs. During the time I knew him he was not an addict and enjoyed a very beautiful life. Unfortunately he had struggles like the rest of society and I guess he couldnt deal. I dont know if he became addicted to drugs as you say, but let us not deminish his time here to simply being an addict. I am only finding out tonight that he has gone on ahead of us and he meant enough to me that I am still trying to understand why God has called him home. Rest in the hands of our Father my friend, I am sure I will see you again.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 09:26:30 AM »
Quote from: "Angela Curry"
I have very sad news.  One of my best friends, a former student of PCS, Darrel Kilbourne lost his life to suicide January 15, 2007.   He attended PCS 1991-1993.  He left PCS and became addicted to drugs.  That is two former students I know that committed suicide.  So much for the program helping people with mental illness.
Mental illness is a life long struggle that can be treated successfully sometimes, but never cured.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 10:18:50 PM »
I have very sad news. One of my best friends, a former student of PCS, Darrel Kilbourne lost his life to suicide January 15, 2007. He attended PCS 1991-1993. He left PCS and became addicted to drugs. That is two former students I know that committed suicide. So much for the program helping people with mental illness.

He made a choice to commit suicide.  Nobody forced him to do it.  It is not the programs fault although fornits members will blame PCS.  I don't feel sorry for Darrel Kilbourne.

Offline NivekOgre

• View Profile
    • http://www.skinnypuppy.com
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 10:26:17 PM »
You must be a really sick bastard to say something like that. Provo is one of the most evil forces on the planet.
o What