Author Topic: The Hypnotic purpose and ancient origins of MOTIVATING  (Read 1423 times)

dragonfly

The Hypnotic purpose and ancient origins of MOTIVATING
« on: June 28, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: The Hypnotic purpose and ancient origins of MOTIVATING
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:25:36 PM »
Quote from: "dragonfly"
Motivation induced trance.
I see it as yet another means through which regression was induced. Part of the proverbial "break them down... to build them up" mindset?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

dragonfly

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 11:44:49 AM »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 03:37:45 PM »
All that flapping around came from the "seed snap". Just a way of showing how badly you wanted to be called on in a rap,with out speaking.Nothing more . Monkey see monkey do.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 03:51:26 PM »
Quote from: "dragonfly"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kecak

There are several videos about this as well....

When raps were broken up with motivating...when speaking was always preceeded by motivating....

Motivation induced trance.

flailing the arms all day, everyday, as a group, as expression, it was a currency in our token system...

it was a behavior that completely removed us from the outside world...

OMG, Dragonfly..

I get asked a lot why or how I didn't comply. I wonder if it had anything to do with not motivating? You guys musta thought I was so strange sitting their on my hands, staring at the floor everyday.

Funny you brought that old post about the room up too. There was a time when I could tell you exactly how many bricks were on each wall and how many tiles were on the floor. Interesting how our mind finds ways to survive.

Speaking of that, remember that creepy attic they use to take us to for Mom hair cuts? What I'd do to be able to go through that attic now.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
The Kecak dance
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 11:26:06 AM »
Oddly enough, only about five years after i got out of str8, I decided I was going to try to leave this country behind (hopefully for good, I thought at the time) and fly to Bali, Indonesia. About as far away from Baltimore, MD as you can get. Why there, of all places? The following sequence of events should explain: A few years prior to when I took off, I had been reading (upon recommendation of my roommate at the time) a book by Antonin Artaud called The Theatre and its Double in which there was a chapter about Balinese dancers, and how they somehow illustrated Artaud's idea of what theatre should be. So I became interested in that, and in the gamelan musical ensemble. Started listening to whatever recordings I found down at central library. So a year or two after that, I happened to be at a swap meet out in AZ where I met a guy who imported textiles from Bali. We got to talking and he told me how to go about getting over there. Not long after that I got a letter from him telling me what stuff I should bring, etc. So I bought a ticket with a good portion of my life savings and headed over there. It was round trip, but terminated in SF. But at the time I was not even sure I would ever come back here. I was hoping to get something going over there, teaching English or something. I didn't know what the hell I was doing really. Just knew I wanted away from HERE, for some reason. Anyway, I saw the kecak dance performed and flashes of the group motivating came to mind, even then. Weird. I do wonder if there's any connection with that, dragonfly...

dragonfly

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 05:08:33 PM »