Author Topic: 32+ Acre Waterfront Campus for sale - $1M  (Read 6395 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
32+ Acre Waterfront Campus for sale - $1M
« on: June 27, 2011, 10:08:18 AM »
Thanks to Reddit TroubledTeens for originally posting a link to this Craigslist listing on FB!

Aerial pic of property at the link.

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Former Elan School- 32+ Acre Waterfron Campus (Poland)

Date: 2011-06-22, 3:29PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected]

Located on Upper Range Pond, this stunning 32+ acre property consists of 10 buildings fully outfitted and ready to handle 150+ people. The main building consists of a large eating hall with a full commercial kitchen, and there are also several bunk buildings with bath and showers included, 2 classroom buildings, and an administrative building. Less than an hour from the largest city in the state yet the night skies will provide a spectacular view few have seen. The campground has large area for sporting events and over 470 feet of water frontage. Contact Craig Church for details. 207.774.7715

70 No. 5 Rd.
    * it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2456261356
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
Re: 32+ Acre Waterfront Campus for sale - $1M
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:12:37 AM »
I know some groups awho are interested in this property for another school.  The price will not be $1 million though. lol  That property is worth no more than $800k tops.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »
Good riddance!!!
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »
Hi Ursus,

Ha, this has been posted all over the internet ,many sites have this article , and I thank you Ursus for putting it here.

I laughed hard when I first read this ,and I really wondered if Sharon Tewrry and her goon squad are smokin crack. Ha ,I laugh again just thinking about it , a million dollars for a property that has structures on it that will COST the buyer to have them torn down. Their add in my opinion just shows how ingrained their ability to lie about something so simple as selling a piece of land , Ha , I laugh again it is priceless (the add ) not the property.

I would think that you could get it for a song. the lay of the land just isn't that great if my memory serves. I think Sharon Terry would be estactic if she got an offer of $200,000, but I bet ,(if I was a betting man ) that she would take $150,000.  And who ever pays that is still paying too much...lol...

A million dollars , what a bunch of deluded ,crack smokin , baffoons. And what a lousey piece of land. Next thing you know they will be bottling the lake water and trying to sell it.....lol....

Offline liarsexposed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 09:46:38 AM »
Indeed
and well said Matt!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 11:14:53 AM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:29:56 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 11:15:27 AM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:33:21 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 10:26:55 AM »
Is there a link to, or source for that property assessment, Wayne?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 01:26:10 PM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:33:38 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 10:05:17 PM »
Quote from: "Wayne Kernochan"
That's from the Poland assessors office. It wouldn't let me copy the link to the exact page, but this is the site http://http://reonline.harriscomputer.com/research.aspx?ClientID=1008
Thanks! Potential buyers might just find that handy!  :D

Are all those buildings really from 1957? What were they originally used for, prior to Elan's occupation of them?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 05:13:27 AM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:29:01 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 05:21:18 AM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:28:37 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 02:49:37 PM »
Something I noticed about this acessement . It states that it has water  as in a drilled well, it also states that the property has a septic system . A septic system is not the same as beening connected to the Poland Spring sewer system.

Over the next few years septic systems are going to be phased out due to the clean water act . I am sure that not all septic systems are going to be phased out . It would be prudent for a prospective buyer to ask if this property is going to fall under this requirement .

the reason I bring this up ,to develop a property such as this and to hook up all the run down buildings ,that do indeed have new roofs (lol) to the  Poland Spring watewr and sewer systems )provided that they have one and it is indeed required that this property be connected , is well goning to be very expensive.

I think what it meant by the acessement  in the way of utilities is that this property has electrice , overhead  powelines.  I am also wondering if Terry is going to file to have the acessment modified , property values have dropped everywhere and quite honestly the acessed value of the land and buildings maybe at such a high premium, due to the fact  how much money this place was generating over the many years that it was doing business as a sadistic serial child abuse mind rape mill.It may have caused the property to be acessed artificially high

Cause quite honestly I have reservations about the acessment of Terry's property. If I was looking for some nasty land , meaning that the lay of the land really is not that great m with only 400 plus feet of lake front area out of 32 acres., that is going to require some serious capital to make it right , demolition and construction and not to mention the developement costs , whoa doggie ,those costs alone are staggering ....I still wouldn't offer the elan illuminitti ( the sadistic serial child abusing cabal) any where north of 150,000 dollars for that place.

I agree property taxes when the elan machine was running full tilt boogie ,were of no consequence to the cretins that owned and ran elan . Now that this property is just sitting there (with possibly dust gathering on the liens that this property may  have aquired over the years,(something that any prospective buyer must thourghly check out )generating no income and costing money in just keeping the pipes from freezing and all the other general maintenance that needs to be done. I have no doubt that there will be an appealed filed to have the acessment reduced .

what I am trying to say is that I truly believe a person could buy this property for a much better price that  800,000 thousand dollars.A heck of a lot better price and I would like to know what the elan cabal is smokin up there cause it sure aint cannabis, sounds more like they be smokin gypsum.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 08:55:21 PM »
Quote from: "Matt C. Hoffman"
...I would like to know what the elan cabal is smokin up there cause it sure aint cannabis, sounds more like they be smokin gypsum.
Well, if nothing else, maybe the gypsum might help to counteract some of that nor'eastern acid rain... :rofl:

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 10:25:10 AM »
Lol Ursus ,

the gypsum was in reference to a very vague pun as to sheetROCK, Yes I believe that the elan cabal be smokin the rock, though enough of this small talk.

I have heard the rumour that a Jose (or Juan ) fellow a fomer graduate from elan (early 80's graduate ) that has his own version of elan in a slightly better than a "third world country status" country as far as human rights are concidered , Venezuala is going to be buying the elan property and opening it back up.

elan was bad,  I can't imagine a program based on a elan, during its worst years as a time reference being modeled and functioning in a country like Venezuala. What a concept . A very scary one for the prospects that have had to endure this proven money making concept  based on abusing children.

Now I am surprised to hear that these talks about buying elan and opening it back up have been going on for over a year ,  many ,many months before Sharon Terry ,and elans henchmen ,Martin Kruglik and Jeffery Gottlieb and their lawyer threw the keys to that "Portal of Hell"on the ground and ran away from very serious allegations of serial ,and sadistic child abuse .

Granted being serial sadistic child abusers that Martin Kruglik ,and Jeffery Gottlieb have proven that they are from their years of employment by elan  and their actions as directors at one of the most violent, sadistic ,brutal soul eating hell holes on this planet .(it is a known fact ) These men don't know how to  anything else , it makes sense you've got the directors to this type of place just waiting for it to open.

You really don't have to recruit for employees, they will flock back like Homing Pidgeons. I guess the joke was really on us ....lol... after all they supossedly closed on April 1.

Anyone know anything else about this rumour? I truly hope this doesn't happen, lots of us (former residents of elan) are paying attention.