Author Topic: New York Public Library Buys Timothy Leary’s Papers  (Read 1160 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
New York Public Library Buys Timothy Leary’s Papers
« on: June 18, 2011, 11:27:41 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/16/books ... l?_r=2&hpw

excerpt from article:
"Leary, who died in 1996, coined the phrase “Turn on, tune in, drop out” and was labeled by Richard M. Nixon as “the most dangerous man in America.” He was present in Zelig-like fashion at some of the era’s epochal events. Thousands of letters and papers from Ginsberg, Aldous Huxley, William Burroughs, Jack Kerouac, Ken Kesey, Charles Mingus, Maynard Ferguson, Arthur Koestler, G. Gordon Liddy and even Cary Grant — an enthusiastic LSD user — are in the boxes."

another:
Alan Ginsberg said, “The first time I took psilocybin — 10 pills — was in the fireside social setting in Cambridge,” Ginsberg wrote in a blow-by-blow description of his experience taking synthesized hallucinogenic mushrooms at Leary’s stately home. At one point Ginsberg, naked and nauseated, began to feel scared, but then “Professor Leary came into my room, looked in my eyes and said I was a great man.”
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: New York Public Library Buys Timothy Leary’s Papers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 07:38:16 AM »
Here are a couple that the N.Y.P L. may have missed[attachment=1:2yliftx9]TIMMY.jpg[/attachment:2yliftx9][attachment=0:2yliftx9]ColoringBook.jpg[/attachment:2yliftx9]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
?©?€~¥@