Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Daytop Village

Daytop almost killed me

<< < (2/4) > >>

Inculcated:
Lol. We're on at the same time see my edit. I guess generally what do you remember about Far Rockaway and Millbrook?

got2bme:
i wasn't there long 1 month tops most of what i remember is that everyone was nice when i was in far rockaway then in millbrook they had people sit in a chair all day and stare at a plag and shave there heads and other punishments like skimming the cess pool and scrubbing the trashcan with a toothbrush stuff like that and the marathon which sarcastically became the highlight of my stay

Inculcated:
Ah, well it comes as a surprise to me that they were still shaving anyone’s head in 1984. The latest case of a literal haircut I heard of made its way into court and even then it was a notable exception for even Daytop’s enduring draconian methods. Did you or did you know of girls receiving a haircut, if so did that include having to wear the skullcap? What were your duties before and after morning meetings?

got2bme:
well when i was there they didn't shave girls and i saw 1 guy get shaved i remember someone told me they used to shave girls
as far as duties we always scrubbed the floors after each meal i can't remember specific time of duties a lot of this is still fragmented memories

Inculcated:
Well, the details hardly matter as much as true healing at this point. Whatever comes to you will.
BTW, Take your time with the memories. It can be intense when the reality of it and the associated emotions emerge.
 -Goodnight

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version