Author Topic: Psychiatric prfession today?  (Read 874 times)

Offline elizabeth

• View Profile
Psychiatric prfession today?
« on: June 10, 2011, 01:09:25 PM »
Yes well Im bipolar, and Im about to go to a new psychiatrist. I havnt been in awhile. I use to go to Abc Behavioral health for a few years and I hated it. Timberlawn is still here in Dallas though a state ward instead of private ward and ABC Behavioral health is right next door to it, and Ive always wondered if ABC was connected to Timberlawn.I diddnt like ABC because Christians were always witnessing to me all the time.I jsut went to a Bipolar support meetup for teh second time whos run by a lady who volunteers for NAMI shes got alot of info on mental health but shes Bipolar and has several mental illnesses herself.

Personally i still dont like the psychiatric profession today nor the attitude of people involved with NAMI either. I was telling this lady who runs the Bipolar supports in Dallas that I felt like I was traumatized by my past and that Psychiatric groups seemed to be like all happy and positive about the psychiatric profession when I really think we need to be able to gripe and complain. She said she agreed with me she didnt want it to all be a happy sappy lets get excited about psychiatric profession environment.But then after that she made the whole group like that. One woman talked for an hour and took up all the talking time an dshe took it up with talk about her emdication changes, now I would understand talking about that along time if your in a  crisis situation and having a hard time but she wasnt. Infact she was peppy and happy and all excited about it and seemed like she did just sit there and made the whole thing like lets get into our psychiatric problems and they were getting into it and made it seem like if your not leading your life as someone whos obsessed with their teratment and psychiatric profession and all hyped up and excited about the psychiatric profession that your leading your life wrongly. It reminds me of the old hate group Pentecostal church I was a member of for 9 years where everyone was obsessed with the church!

She also said at the end that she thought if I were gonna get therapy for the abuse I suffered as a teen in psych wards sense its been a long time Id need to get over it soon, its in the past and I need to learn to grow up and get past it. In other words GET OVER IT! Cute but theres a problem, uh sense i probably have PTSD from being tied down to a bed and chair and physically abused for 6 months at Baylor adolescent wards and talk in my sleep and have nightmares still time to time from it thats gonna be hard to do.

Timberlawn has a trauma unit you can check into but forget it dont want to spend anymore time in the psychiatric wards for trauma from the psych wards dont trust them! Im about to see a new psychiatrist and I deifnitly dont trust them.

Imd like to start a new meetup.com gorup to ahve a b**ch and gripe sessions for us psychiatric patients but the last one I put up nobody joined it so i took it down but still am paying for my meetup.com groups as administrater. if anyone who lives in the Dallas area is interested in starting a meetup group psych patients let me know and Im paying for it but Ill let anyone else help me run it and put it up for me and discuss the name of it and eveyrthing else.Jts let me know ok.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »