Author Topic: Many Thanks!!!  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Many Thanks!!!
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:55:23 PM »
I would like to thank everyone for taking the time and having the courage to interview for the film.  :notworthy:

The documentary wouldn't be what it is without all of you!!!  :tup:

:peace:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
Re: Many Thanks!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »
I failed myself and all of you for not coming. I am sorry, because I hold a pertinent part of the story that is uniquely my own. A part which no one else can tell. A part that will be completely missing from the movie. For this, I am sorry. I wish I could change it.

You all have more courage than I. I wish I didn't let my own fear get in the way of truth.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 06:46:45 PM »
Quote from: "Withdraw"
I failed myself and all of you for not coming. I am sorry, because I hold a pertinent part of the story that is uniquely my own. A part which no one else can tell. A part that will be completely missing from the movie. For this, I am sorry. I wish I could change it.

You all have more courage than I. I wish I didn't let my own fear get in the way of truth.

Please don't do that to yourself!  You failed no one.  We all do what we can, when we can.  I was interviewed but couldn't bring myself to go to the re-enactment or any of the other stuff.  I just couldn't.  

You've been an invaluable asset here, both on the boards and behind the scenes.  Srsly.   :nods:

And Alex, Kelly et al......you guys fucking ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :rocker:  :jamin:  :cheers:  :rasta:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 08:16:15 AM »
Withdraw, I'm with Anne, don't beat yourself up.  My interview sucked, I totally froze up and couldn't think of anything to say.  I thought I was ready to relate my story but I did not do so to my own satisfaction.  As more time goes by, however, I find I am getting more comfortable talking about it. You didn't fail anyone.  Our experiences were all similar but also all unique, there is no "standard" time in which to get over all the fear and guilt and self doubt that these places instilled in us, we all do the best we can.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 08:23:38 AM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
Withdraw, I'm with Anne, don't beat yourself up.  My interview sucked, I totally froze up and couldn't think of anything to say.  I thought I was ready to relate my story but I did not do so to my own satisfaction.  As more time goes by, however, I find I am getting more comfortable talking about it. You didn't fail anyone.  Our experiences were all similar but also all unique, there is no "standard" time in which to get over all the fear and guilt and self doubt that these places instilled in us, we all do the best we can.

Right on.. same with me to some extent. (I offered to go first.) Hindsight's 20/20 and all of that.