Author Topic: My Thoughts on where to go next..  (Read 13877 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: My Thoughts on where to go next..
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 05:42:12 PM »
Mansion,
Hyde nor Elan was a walk in the park. Maybe a walk in the graveyard but no sunshiny park.
Ignorance allows the oppressor to thrive.... ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 11:57:49 AM »
Quote from: "mansion dweller"
I would just like to say that when I recently heard about the shutting down of Elan was was thrilled and emotional. I am so happy for the people who worked hard to see this happen. I never went there. I went to hyde, i'm sure you guys know about hyde from running track against us and the like. you guys made Hyde seem like a walk in the park. I havn't been on this forum in years but this has renewed my faith that positive effect can certainly come out of people organizing themselves on the internet. I am telling all my friends about this.

Mansion Dweller, your spirit is in my opinion admirable and on track!  I'm not sure why your post is drawing negative responses, but I hope it doesn't hamper your inspiration..

Rock on!

Paul St. John

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 05:37:37 PM »
Quote from: "Paul St. John"
Quote from: "mansion dweller"
I would just like to say that when I recently heard about the shutting down of Elan was was thrilled and emotional. I am so happy for the people who worked hard to see this happen. I never went there. I went to hyde, i'm sure you guys know about hyde from running track against us and the like. you guys made Hyde seem like a walk in the park. I havn't been on this forum in years but this has renewed my faith that positive effect can certainly come out of people organizing themselves on the internet. I am telling all my friends about this.

Mansion Dweller, your spirit is in my opinion admirable and on track!  I'm not sure why your post is drawing negative responses, but I hope it doesn't hamper your inspiration..

Rock on!

Paul St. John

Maybe I was misunderstood but I surely agree with your post here, Paul. No negative meant.
Yes please Rock On Mansion!!!!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 05:46:38 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
I know that it costs money, but now it is time to write history. How do you want Elan School to be remember?

Normally history is written by those who won and if this task is forgotten the entire effort you and others have put in this case could be lost.
This is a very important point.

Related focus: Which politicians were most instrumental in ensuring elan's continued existence during those forty some odd years?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:23:14 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 11:05:04 AM »
Quote from: "Wayne Kernochan"
That would be the ones who Sharon Terry and her maid were sending thousands of dollars to. There's a tracker for donations. I'll see if I can find it
Some more ways in which politicians or other folk of influence may have been involved or were exploited (I'm sure that there's a range of participation as well as awareness and/or understanding):

• various PR events, e.g., as in awards given out, announcements made, etc.;
  • smoothing over or overriding interpretation of various complaints the Maine Dept. of Human Services (or whatever they're called) must have received over the years;
  • facilitation or easement of certain zoning restrictions and/or land use classifications;
  • government loans or grants;
  • relationships with various law enforcement agencies, local, state, or national;
  • relationships with various medical professionals who had vested interests in ensuring Elan's continued "success";
  • skewed newspaper coverage; etc.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 07:39:38 AM »
Hey Danny what's up your sleeve now? All it takes is some half assed apology to Wayne on facebook,and now you're one of the good guys?
just sayin'............
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »
BULLSHIT!!
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 12:59:05 PM »
Quote from: "John Huntsman"
Ha,Ha,Ha.  Come on, none-ya what other explanation is there?  You really think Danny just changed his mind one day and became "anti-program"?  Danny feeds off attention so he had to say what you all wanted him to say or he would be run off Fornits.  Now that he's saying what you want him to say you are still attacking him, but it doesn't matter to Danny because even negative attention is fine with him, like the attention he got for dragging that girl.  For weeks Fornits bashed Danny over it and Danny kept coming back for more attention that he craves.

He's never apologised to anyone here anyway.  He's been trying to play both sides of the fence since Wayne wrote that book.
First he denied everything.Then he justified everything. Now he's apologising for everything? Again I say
BULLSHIT!!
?©?€~¥@

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
Ok one time only, None Ya.
I am not sure just how old you are but if I had to guess you are not that far away from 60 yrs. old. Please try to at least show some of your age. Your rants above are outdated and a bit late. I haven't posted on this site for almost a year now. I just started to with any consistency about a month ago.
None Ya, I don't owe any one a apology here on this site, I don't feel sorry for anything I have written. I stopped what I was doing because there was no benefit in it for anybody. I had a chip on my shoulder and felt it was y'all fault it was there. I know crazy. So I teamed with Whooter and Max to bust balls as much as I could. Some of you made that job worthwhile, most did not.
I never led on that Elan or any type of program like Elan was good for anybody.
Don't pretend to know me or what I am doing or not doing. You have no idea, trust me on that. How I go about my advocacy is none of your business.
My relationship with Wayne is way above your bandwidth so stop trying to figure it out.
You may want to come over to the facebook group "Elan The After Years" and check us out otherwise move on.
Instead of tormenting other posters about what went on yesterday why don't you do what this thread says and post about what activity or cause you are involved with today.

Take Care

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »
My enemy's enemy is my friend? Through out history,that has almost never worked. Let's hear it for Danny everyone. He got Elan closed! NOT. And no. I don't understand where you are comming from,you're all over the road man. Now you want to side the victims? You tell me, is it a little too soon or just a little to late for that now? Tell me man. When you were "in the ring" at elan, did anyone ever get to you? You know ,nick you up a bit? Or have you always just been a bully? You know always picking on the little guys (and girls) just 'cause you could.I can't believe nobody took the pleasure of kicking your ass back then.Sorry man, I just can't buy into you playing the roll of the victim. You have typecasted yourself as the heavy. It's not like you to roll over.Something here stinks.Your brand of "advocacy" isn't needed.
LUV YA' DANNY!
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 04:00:14 PM »
Danny owes me no apology. He never hurt me. But I know very well his type.He's not gonna' lay down and roll over and bark for us. Unless there's something in it for him. A piece of the next book maybe? The villian here does come with a built in audience. Perhaps parlay all that heat into maybe a reality tv show,where they put program survivors and the staff that tourtured them in the same house full of cameras. If you sell this idea I want a cut!
?©?€~¥@

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2011, 08:31:56 AM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:23:52 AM by Anonymous »

Offline John Huntsman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 12:42:32 PM »
Quote from: "Wayne Kernochan"
My relationship with Danny is that we won't regress to the past, and try to be helpful to kids who are still tortured and abused by programs. The way I see it is that we can be helpful. I haven't figured out how yet, but I will, believe me. I'm not going to minimize anyone's feelings for him, or ask anyone to believe his intentions, but to watch his actions. So far I'm surprised by them, but not entirely. If I stop believing that people can change, then I'd give up entirely. Again, I'm not asking anyone to believe it.

The Face Book group is the only Elan group I've seen that hasn't turned into a flame war. That's progress. People from both sides are there, so it's pretty incredible to see.

Elan is closed. I know that's not enough for some people. I don't blame them. But my focus is on closing other programs like it. I don't want these kids to grow up to be me. I've done enough harm in the world because of  what they turned me into that I want to try to do some good before I die.

As far as books, I'm not writing any more about Elan, and I asked Danny if he minded A Life Gone Awry going to print with the proceeds to go to CAFETY and Program Watch, and he agreed. Mitt Romney may well be the Republican candidate and he's tied in with Mel Sembler and that crew, so if the book takes off, it will bring awareness to what he and his party condoned for money and power.

I know the risks of our friendship, I'm not stupid. I was very wary at first, and the majority of our communications have been private, but I think his intentions are real. I don't believe in the "Enemy of my enemy" thing either. That's why we buried the past and found a common ground to build a friendship. No good has come from our fighting and back biting. My writer friends were completely turned off by that and started to turn away from the issue because of it. The issue is important, not me.

What I never told anyone is that after I put that book up, I started cutting myself again. That continued until a few weeks ago. I've stopped because my life has a purpose that makes sense. I wondered if my presence here has made the problem worse or better. I don't know. The thing is, I think if we work together it will make things better. It isn't stupid to try. There are kids who need our help. It would be stupid and selfish for me not to.

Now I've seen it all lol.

“People think in order to get ahead you have to be unethical.”