Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Aspen Education Group

Dr. Phil is frustrated but .... (Copper Canyon Academy)

(1/1)

Oscar:
I do understand that Dr. Phil is frustrated. Se "Uncensored" on this show

Having Child protection services with their often unqualified staff in your house may produce results which could damage both kids and the parents in a way which would damage their lives forever.

But please Dr. Phil..

Of course Tory said no to Copper Canyon Academy. They properly have internet access in their house. If Tory did just a little research she would know that she would be living in a prison which could not benefit her in any way.

Now she might end up in foster care along with her siblings. It is not a good thing, but it is not worse. However it is a lose-lose situation. Why didn't this family try to find a placement inside their family? He is too old to change his parenting pattern. Even if he tried it would take so long that Tory would be an adult before it would work.

Dr Phil: A good therapist would have looked beyond the sponsors for a solution. Check out if there are any family members who could take her, while you continue to teach him some decent parenting manners.

imsouthy:
Parenting manners are just the reflection of manner of parents in home. So its not only the child's fault but also the parents fault.

Che Gookin:

--- Quote from: "Oscar" ---
Now she might end up in foster care along with her siblings. It is not a good thing, but it is not worse. However it is a lose-lose situation. Why didn't this family try to find a placement inside their family? He is too old to change his parenting pattern. Even if he tried it would take so long that Tory would be an adult before it would work.

--- End quote ---

Is foster care a lose-lose situation? I spent time in foster care and while it wasn't great it wasn't horrible either. Like all things foster-care has its flaws, but given the parents willingness to turn their child over to what amounts an a shill for programs I'd think that Tory is far better off in a foster home.

You have to weigh it out. Foster home... can still go to school, has access to friends, can go out in public, and so on.

I don't watch Doctor Shill for a reason, so I can't really speak to the nature of the alleged problems. None the less, don't discount foster-care. Particularly more so if the person involved is a bit older. Young kids 15 to 18 are far more self-sufficient and can fend for themselves more against the rigors of the foster-care system.

Though, don't get me wrong, I'm not dismissing the fucked up shit that goes on in foster-care, quite the contrary. I hold up foster-care as the example of why all Americans should be highly skeptical of the Federal government ending abuse in programs of any sort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version