Author Topic: DERAILED THREAD  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
DERAILED THREAD
« on: May 31, 2011, 07:55:12 PM »
?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:17:31 PM by Jill Ryan »

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
Re: RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL - NEW ORCC REPORT SHOCKER 05-03-2011
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 02:18:24 PM »
Quote from: "Wh??ter"
Ha,Ha,Ha

You really find it humorous that there was yet ANOTHER attempted suicide and that the acting director of the school only had a high school degree? You are one sick individual.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 02:33:08 PM »
Look, Guest3, you and Jill keep posting these items about HLA/RCS, but the proof is in the pudding so to speak.  ORS never takes any action against HLA/RCS so these incidents must not be that serious, right?  If these were serious allegations the state would be all over HLA/RCS and they would be shut down.  These kids have problems.  Sometimes they harm themselves.  That's why they were placed at HLA/RCS, for their safety.  Without the school these kids would be dead, insane or in jail.  That's just the simple facts.

I guess we'll see what happens... won't we?

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 04:53:27 PM »
Sorry Whooter, but you're wrong. HLA/RCS has been fined by the ORCC. You would know this if you bothered to read the reports.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »
?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:45:08 PM by Jill Ryan »

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 04:44:33 PM »
Ridge Creek School works closely with the Georgia Department of Social Service to help them address their struggles to their continuous expansion caused by the growing demand for their services and at the same time keep the children in a safe structured environment.  The Children are at-risk youths which were not functioning well at home or in their public schools.  The children often suffer from emotion problems which can often be addressed with a combination of structure and therapy.  They are all good kids and just need a chance to grow and find their own path.  

Ridge Creek School has shown immense success in turning these children around in just a few short months.

Whooter - You told me to back up my claim, which I did. Now back up your claim that "Ridge Creek School has shown immense success in turning these children around in just a few short months".

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
Quote from: "Guest3"
Ridge Creek School works closely with the Georgia Department of Social Service to help them address their struggles to their continuous expansion caused by the growing demand for their services and at the same time keep the children in a safe structured environment.  The Children are at-risk youths which were not functioning well at home or in their public schools.  The children often suffer from emotion problems which can often be addressed with a combination of structure and therapy.  They are all good kids and just need a chance to grow and find their own path.  

Ridge Creek School has shown immense success in turning these children around in just a few short months.

Whooter - You told me to back up my claim, which I did. Now back up your claim that "Ridge Creek School has shown immense success in turning these children around in just a few short months".

I didn't see where anyone showed HLA/RCS was fined, Guest3.  I just read back thru this thread and did not see that anywhere.

Again, I can back up my claim. Now back up your claim:  "Ridge Creek School has shown immense success in turning these children around in just a few short months".

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
Re: RCS- NEW ORCC REPORT SHOCKER 05-2O11
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 11:51:03 AM »
Guest3, do you even read what you post?  This letter clearly states that there is intent to fine RCS, but it doesn't say this fine was actually imposed.  Even if it was, which I strongly doubt, it was only for $600 which is chump change.  If there were ny serious problems the fines would be immense and RCS would be forced out of business.  As it is now, they are thriving and growing with lots of students referred by the state.  If the state is unhappy with RCS why are they sending so many kids there?  Doesn't add up Guest3, sorry.

As for the kids being put back on track by RCS and their staff, there are examples everywhere.

My biggest surprise was that I really began to like it here. I feel a part of something that is really good for me. I learn every day. I discover new things about myself everyday. It's weird, but great. Also, I discovered that the staff really cares. This isn't just a job for them. They like helping kids learn and grow. Finally, and this is probably the biggest surprise, you can change. You can learn from mistakes and let go of the past and change.

Link

Okay, so you're saying the state is sending kids to RCS? Is that because RCS has a contract with the state for DFACS/DJJ kids? And your "proof" that kids are doing well there is from RCS's advertising on their own web site? C'mon - even you can do better than that.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 12:12:48 PM »
Guest3, please explain to the readers why, if RCS is failing state inspections as you claim, that the same state responsible for their oversight keeps sending more and more students there?  It makes no sense.

FINALLY an intelligent question! Yes, why would the same state responsible for their oversight keep sending more and more kids there? We finally agree on something: It makes no sense!

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 12:28:55 PM »
No, we agree that your claim makes no sense.  The state would not be sending students to RCS if it wasn't safe and effective.  You want us to believe the state is wrong even though they do constant inspections and you're right even though you have never even been to RCS?  Sorry, but we're not buying that.

You can check out many of the violations against RCS here. Note that not all violations are listed as the web site is not updated in a timely fashion:

http://167.193.144.170:7001/ORSINV/facs ... =CCI001710

You can contact the ORCC to make complaints or to verify the information:
New Contact Information for Submitting Complaints on Residential Child Care facilities: Child Placing Agencies (CPA), Child Caring Institutions (CCI), Outdoor Child Caring Programs (OCCP), Maternity Homes, and Children's Transitional Care Centers (CTCC)  complaints can be made via email to [email protected] or by calling 404-657-9651.