« on: May 21, 2002, 01:32:00 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:34:54 PM by shaneunc »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2002, 07:39:00 PM »
Shane,
You give a very confusing message.  These sites exist not because some meglamaniac existed, and not because overt child abuse occured in some situations.  These were negatives, for sure, but the real, down dirty, low down truth, is that the entire modality was abusive.  If Newton never abused anyone personally, if no one was ever thrown to a concrete floor, the inhumanity of going thru Thought reform as a teenager would be enough to support all of these message boards, and more.
You see, Shane, you say you deserved to be in Straight. Since you won't speak up for yourself, I will.  You did not. You may have needed help with a substance abuse problem, and Straight may have provided you a vehicle to temporarily stop abusing substances, but you never deserved the inhumanity of the seedstraightkids, Inc. modality. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here either.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline infanalyst

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2002, 10:52:00 PM »
Greg,
Your comments echo in eternity! It is because of this abusive modality, I wish to attend the conference coming up in St. Pete. For I was unaware of Straight's continued existence, (just under a different name), and I feel determined to do everything in my power to prevent anyone else from ever having to endure the abuse which all of us endured to varying degrees.
Shane, you may feel as though you "deserved" Straight, or even feel Straight "saved" you from uncertain doom. The point here is your treatment plan should have been an individual one, not one which involved the same treatment plan for all.
Sure, Straight may have really helped you change the life you were living, but isn't it also possible if you or your family had seeked an actual professional in Drug Addiction and Treatment, you might have achieved the same results, without the abuse you more than likely received from Straight?
I know for me I had never used drugs before going into Straight, but I sure used them after I got out. They introduced me into a world which I had never even known existed, and since I felt I had to be such a part of the "group" after "copping-out", I had to see what they were talking about. And thus my introduction to the drug world. Now here 15 years later I begin to understand, from people like Wes Fager, had Mel Sembler and Newton been stopped in Florida where they should have been stopped, I might never have had to go through my experience, and neither would of you Shane. It is this reason I am determined to do what it takes to expose these places for what they really are.
I hope you will be able to make it to the conference Shane, for I am now more than ever determined to attend.
Brent Lewis
American "War on Drugs" P.O.W.
5/17/86-12/2/87
Straight - DC (Springfield)

Offline John Olsakovsky

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2002, 10:18:00 AM »
While, yes, I agree that the modality is abusive, I don't think that the modality is solely the cause of all the abuses that went on at KIDS or Straight or AARC or even the still-operational offshore boot camps.

We also have to look at Newton who took this Modality he helped develop ion Straight and take it to a MORE abusive level in creating KIDS.  
The bitter group staff certainly did not help, as they took their power and took out some of that bitternes on group members in various ways (denial of needs, physical abuses, restraints, humiliations, etc.)

So is KIDS (the entity) at fault?  Yes.
How about Newton himself?  Surely.
And the staff members?  Some of them, yeah, as well as certain bitter (usually FoS) oldcomers, as well.

It almost looks like a vortex spiral in my mind, and it had to be stopped before another person died as a result...
PFFFFFT!\"
   - Bill the Cat

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2002, 11:14:00 AM »
exactly.  The "theraputic Community" modality, as practiced in Seedstraightkids, Inc. fosters and environment that encourages individuals to heap abuse on top of the already inhumane conditions that the kids are subject too, like sleep & food deprivation, denial of basic needs,shame, humiliation, public confessions, etc, etc. You can't blame anyone individual, as they were all complicit, and in fact, as captives, some of us did things we are not proud of.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2002, 03:17:00 PM »
Shane ~ I felt I needed to comment on how you put ," I DESERVED to be there ".Because I have a brother who was in Kids that feels the same,but what you and him don`t get is you DESERVED help and SeedStraightKids Inc. was not the only thing out there for you.Thousands of people were in your same position and went to all different rehabs in the country.One of the things about the program was they wanted us to feel that they were THE ONLY PLACE that could help !And that was more of the brainwashing shit.You did need help{not that I know you}but there was another way.And as someone else wrote if you got the help you needed you would not be at this site right now.
My brother looks at it as a wash , he feels it saved his life. But I see how his 5+ year stay has negativitly effected his life as well,it`s very sad. And he feels he "DESERVED" it as well.
I thank you for your post and hope you are well today and always.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2002, 11:50:00 AM »
I`m glad to hear that you see it a bit differently.I hope for much more healing for you and all. Your open heart will help you heal.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Newton
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2002, 01:09:00 PM »
Shane, you were never a nobody or a loser. You were a kid who'd made mistakes and, aparently, needed help finding your way back. But you did it. You learned from your experience and found your feet despite the abuse.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline fartoogone

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2002, 03:24:00 PM »
You people are unbelievable!

GregFL
Antigen
Anonymous
infanalyst

This guy Shane pops in to share his expierience and you all want to tell him that it was something different that what he daclared to us that it was.

You are all so wrapped up in how victimized you were you cant see straight.

I think you types are the sickest of all.

Shane needed help. He got it. He is better for it. You want to deny him that! All so that you can further your agenda of hate and vengance.

Your attitudes bring people down. Why wouldnt you just want to accept his statement and his experience?

Have you vere heard the saying "misery loves company"? Thats you! God forbid anyone ever experienced these programs and walked away better for it.

Shane, dont join in the pity party.
You were a looser nobody and now you are not.
These people here are victims and thats all they want to be.

It is easy to be a victim. It takes no effort. Dont let them turn you into one too.

Oh, and for my critics, think what you want but the truth is no less because you think little of who speaks it.

tt

P.S. nobody gets the "little head" bit?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2002, 03:42:00 PM »
interesting post, fartoogone.
I don't think anybody said that his experience was any different than he experienced it, only that he was not worthless and did not deserve to be thrown into the snakepit called seedstraightkids, inc.
I stand by that, and have no real opinion on what you said, only to point out that your statement is incorrect, and you seem to be the only possessor of venom thru this whole thread.  
Victim? no, not today, but yes, in the past. Advocate? yes.  That is how I see it.  My experience happened 29 years ago and is now but bad memories. I am here to help people deal with their childhood demons and to help prevent today's children from going thru it, along with opening the eyes of the public to the horrors of the drug war against american citizens.

Why are you here?

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2002, 06:52:00 PM »
Wow! What a lunatic. Betty? Mel? That you guys? Fartoogone is right. What ARE you doing here. If there is anything more pathetic then a "pity party" then it is a lonely bored angry person who has nothing better to do then read about a "pity party" that does not even involve them! Why if you are so rightous and happy is your screenname so doomed and sad? Go to a meeting and use your 12th step there, thanks, we are fine without your input. smooches :wink:
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline fartoogone

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2002, 10:29:00 PM »
blaaa blaaaa blaaaaaaa

If the shoe fits...............

tt

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2002, 11:02:00 PM »
Now your making sheep noises....

You are an interesting character, but I still don't understand your purpose here. Maybe  you can enlighten me as I am genuinely interested. I mean, you are as welcome as anyone, irrespective of your opinion, but I fail to see what your point is other than to argue and degrade other posters.  If you want to debate something, bring an opinion to the table, not just a slam of other people. There are those of us whom would love to hear what you stand for.

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2002, 02:18:00 AM »
Oh those are sheep noises I was confused.
Thank God the program did not do that to me. I would rather have PSTD!! :grin:
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Scott Free

• View Profile
Newton
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2002, 09:25:00 AM »
Greg - Whoever this person is, he/she could be experiencing guilt and shame. Or maybe he/she is reaching out because they're possibly still in denial about something that's happened to them in the past.