Author Topic: Hi Im Elizabeth  (Read 2505 times)

Offline elizabeth

• View Profile
Hi Im Elizabeth
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:57:25 PM »
Im Elizabeth. I live in Mesquite a suburb of dallas Tx and have been here my whole life. My Mom was alchoholic and in and out of psych wards in the 80s and I was depressed and somewhat suicidal and my parnets decided to put me in my first psych ward at Childrens medical center Dallas Tx when I wasw 12, Iw as tehre for 6 months. I was at baylors Adolescent ward for 9 months, 5 out of those nine months were spent inr estraints, Id fake trying to kill msyelf simply because I wanted to get them to send me somewhere else, it didnt work, instead they strapped me down and kept me there and overdrugged me with thorazine to the point of abuse for 5 months.I then got transferred to Timberlawn Psych ward which was  astrict old timey hard ward and then to Terrel for 5 months, Terrel was alot less strict all be it they neglected to watch us as well, and some of the girls on my ward were the first girls ever to sneak drugs into our ward.I signed myself out AMA at Terrrel which was a state ward and still is. Now adays Timberlawn is not private anymore but rather a state ward and is run down more.I am still bipolar and have a hard time finding treatment and am open to suggestions. Anyways I live in Dallas and have  a group i started at meetup.com called Children of the 80s for those of us who were abused and kept against our wills at psych wards in the 80s and for us to gripe and complain about it and also for us who are still mentally ill to come up with solutions for the Psychiatric community in Dallas Tx and also for us to go out and socialize together.

Anyways even if your not interested in the group or dont live in Dallas, Id love to hear from anyone who was abused by the psych wards and treatment fascilities in the 80s and especially if you still have psychiatric problems, please write me at [email protected].
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Re: Hi Im Elizabeth
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 06:57:18 PM »
Hello Elizabeth,
I’m sorry for what you’ve been through. Though my direct experiences in the Texas Psychiatric Hospitals as a kid happened later than the eighties, I can and others I know can relate with overmedicating and improper use of restraints and for that matter improper placements within them.

I see from your other posts you that have located the Texas Psychiatric abuses area of this Forum and have already made contact with someone familiar with one of the facilities you mentioned. I am glad that you are empowering yourself to overcome these experiences by reaching out to others. Good Luck with your other discussion group as well.
 :rose:
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 08:58:07 AM »
Damn girl...

You came to the right place. There are several people who have had experiences which mirror yours. My own experiences come from the other side of the fence, yes, I'm one of those paid thugs that tormented you.

It is for this reason I wish to apologize to you.

Not for what they did to you. I can't apologize for that and I won't. I'm apologizing because as a human being it bothers me greatly to know I worked in an industry where this sort of thing is common place. I can't make right on the wrongs that have been done to you, but I can say that one day.. somehow.. somewhere.. you'll get that measure of justice and serenity that you seem to have been looking for all along.

Might not be how you've envisioned it, but rarely ever is it exactly like we think it will be.

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »
Wow Elizabeth I am truly sorry for the injustice you had to bear. I hope by coming here you can feel a sense of validation and know you are not alone.
Also to the Admins/Moderators should we not move this to a more appropriate forum. Maybe Elizabeth was not familiar. More people would be able to
see this post.
Just my opinion no judgment intended.

Offline elizabeth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 02:00:54 PM »
Thanks for replying guys! Ill be off tongiht and tomarrow but be back thursday. its interesting how many different placews and programs that are abusive are out there.I was at Teen Challenge for one month as well and another program in texas which was a Teen Challenge at one time but changed their name and affiliation. Theyre real strict stricter then Teen Chalenge I only lasted a couple of weeks there, But I actually got slapped in the face by the directors wife there. Im overweight and have a hard time eating vegitables for some stupid reason they had a rediculous rule about having to eat every stinking bite of food on your plate and of course I started gagging when i went to eat my vegitables and she walked up and slapped my face! I left and called home obviously. Its not anything to talk about for me though, i really wasnt in that program long enough to feel traumatizedd by it althoguh its pretty bazzarre being slpped in the face at the age of 27 for not eating my vegitables!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 09:18:14 PM »
A publik service annoucement ,consider yourself warned ....the beast "ella diablo " ,"cuggles" ,"heretic" , "hereticreb" ,danny bennisone our one of the same spirochete infected braine of the same well hiden inffection of the infected mass of jelly sitting between the ears of the abuserie nonenclemenchocoturas  the  one and the same of the espouser abuser  spousing  of its "shartings" and eater of death .

bennison go back to herding the warned.

Offline silverray2030

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 08:56:19 AM »
Poor girl.....
Don't be so upset your problem would be solved if you go to right hand

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
the beta-carotene wars
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 10:56:37 PM »
Quote from: "elizabeth"
...I actually got slapped in the face by the directors wife there. Im overweight and have a hard time eating vegitables for some stupid reason they had a rediculous rule about having to eat every stinking bite of food on your plate and of course I started gagging when i went to eat my vegitables and she walked up and slapped my face! I left and called home obviously. Its not anything to talk about for me though, i really wasnt in that program long enough to feel traumatizedd by it althoguh its pretty bazzarre being slpped in the face at the age of 27 for not eating my vegitables!
In the motivational parlance of carrot vs. stick, I'd say this is an example of using the carrot as the stick!  :D
-------------- • -------------- • --------------