Author Topic: A view of RC from a current student  (Read 7163 times)

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
Re: A view of RC from a current student
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 12:45:17 PM »
Lookout!  DEE is backpeddaling!  Don't let him run over us in reverse lol

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline DEE

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 10:33:32 PM »
I'll give you credit for one thing, Phooter: you're good at leading a discussion off topic. But that's what you're supposed to do, isn't it.

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 10:09:57 AM »
Quote from: "DEE"
I'll give you credit for one thing, Phooter: you're good at leading a discussion off topic. But that's what you're supposed to do, isn't it.

Look, DEE, we can all see you got caught making outrageous statements that RCS has a "murder squad" that kills the kids who get out of line.  Don't get angry with me for holding your feet to the fire about this lie.

Offline kpfire

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 08:05:17 AM »
Oh good grief... you need to chill! No one stated that RCS murders kids. That is ridiculous!
They however can make a child's life a 'living hell'. Most children that I have kept up with were not 'saved' by RCS. If they have moved on with their life, it is solely because of what they witnessed at the school and through their own realization of how their actions were inappropriate and got them sent there. Similar to prison. Some people leave prison and vow to never do anything that will send them back. However the majority of people leaving prison end up back there.
RCS is the same. It is like a juvenile prison, no counseling to speak of... a rigid form of punishment as a deterent from bad acts.
The only problem is that they charge you an exorbitant amount of money to send your child to prison. They promise all sorts of things, like counseling your child never receives, outings you pay $400/month for that your child never goes on because 'it is too expensive', keeping your child safe which they do not do because they put them in the same population as violent court ordered children, including children who are plotting to kill their parents.
You don't want your child to be sent to prison for drugs or alcohol consumption because of the people they will come in contact with, however when you send them to RCS that is basically what you are doing. RCS does state that 'Our student are not court-ordered and do not include violent or severely disturbed students who are more appropriate for a Residential Treatment Center or locked facility' yet they do just that in direct violation of their own handbook. My child told me of several court-ordered kids there who were dangerous and had comitted dangerous/violent crimes. I did not want my child associating with children like this and this is exactly why my child was sent to RCS. WOW was I mistaken. My child was sent there for depression and addiction, not to be introduced to a population of crime and violence. That is why I pulled my child from the school, that as well as the fact that my child was not receiving much needed counseling for the depression.
So please stick to the facts and quit all the conjecture. Unless you were there or directly involved, as was the student who so boldly posted his complaints, you really cannot speak to the accuracy of anything. And yes...saying that there could be repercussions to the current student of RCS is no joking matter.